Quantcast

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week we've got music from Sloan, Prince, Tears For Fears, Eurythmics, Queen, XTC, Lenny Kravitz, Cheap Trick, Joe Jackson, Earth Wind and Fire, Yes, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, ELO, Santana, Warren Zevon, Utopia and Robyn Hitchcock.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Last edited:

Cibola

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Yeah, yeah. So we can go & infect another rock :sneaky:

Edit: Well it was a pretty interesting article tho.
Never leaving earth myself, too much blood and bones to leave unattended, but everyone makes their own choices. I love it here, couldn't be better.

César

For those of you that have not yet swung for the Disney + channel, here's a peak at "The Mandalorian" Season 2 Ep. 2 show tonight:

Do you have an Atmos setup? I'm curious as, so far, I haven't been at all impressed by the Atmos in the Mandalorian. But sound mix aside, episode 3 may have been the best of both seasons.
My son and I eagerly wait for each next Friday afternoon to arrive, we send mum to another room at the house, close doors, switch off the lights and enjoy together the show. This 2020 is crap, yet we still enjoy these small pleasures...

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Do you have an Atmos setup? I'm curious as, so far, I haven't been at all impressed by the Atmos in the Mandalorian. But sound mix aside, episode 3 may have been the best of both seasons.
My son and I eagerly wait for each next Friday afternoon to arrive, we send mum to another room at the house, close doors, switch off the lights and enjoy together the show. This 2020 is crap, yet we still enjoy these small pleasures...
No Atmos yet!
And I’ve felt the surround even for 5.1 could be a lot more aggressive for my taste.

Probably OK they didn’t release the whole season at once, or I would have binged it down the hatch in one go. So there’s weekly anticipation, which works for me.

One other issue with the show, was didn’t it seem like Episode 3 last week was awful short? I mean, they’re so action packed and engaging, the time flies anyway, but I think it was only a half hour. I could have sworn they used to be 45 min. at least?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
And could they please at least do a decent maintenance job on our hero's ship!

Here’s the Wookieepedia description ...

The Razor Crest owned by Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin,[2] was built as a gunship[1] military craft at some point before the formation of the Galactic Empire[4] in 19 BBY,[5] and was used to patrol local territories.[4] The starship had two laser cannons,[3] two engines and a hyperdrive. It could be piloted by one individual and had room for two others. A variety of equipment in the cargo hold could be found, including a vacc tube, a weapons locker, and a carbonite freezing chamber.[2]

Vacc tube (aka - toilet)

César

No Atmos yet!
And I’ve felt the surround even for 5.1 could be a lot more aggressive for my taste.

Probably OK they didn’t release the whole season at once, or I would have binged it down the hatch in one go. So there’s weekly anticipation, which works for me.

One other issue with the show, was didn’t it seem like Episode 3 last week was awful short? I mean, they’re so action packed and engaging, the time flies anyway, but I think it was only a half hour. I could have sworn they used to be 45 min. at least?
No... They all have had variable duration. But no matter if they are 35 or 50 minutes long, they leave you wanting for more

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Latest project: New transmission for my Gremlin: 3-speed with Electric Overdrive! It was never offered on the '70 Gremlin like mine, but it was offered in 1975 and 1976.
Recently got very lucky and a friend dragged home a Gremlin parts car that also had the overdrive. So, from that car, I scored the driveshaft and the cross-member the two pieces I was missing! Now, the last bit of the puzzle is I've got another bellhousing coming in from Arizona. This later 3-speed won't bolt up to my 1970 bellhousing.

So, with this new one, I can either modify the bell, make an adapter plate (if necessary), but I'm REALLY hoping that the old 3-speed bolt pattern can simply be drilled into the later transmission. There's TONS of real estate at the front of this trans, and the old pattern is only about an inch narrower. If all I have to do is poke 4 new holes through that front webbing; I'm online!

I've already got the electric side of things sorted out. Gathered some NOS parts like a rubber mount and the governor for the system. Made up a wiring harness, improved on it with a fuse and a relay.... even made a new lens in the gauge cluster that will light up with a green "OD" symbol when the system is active.

Gremlin Overdrive 001.JPG

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Latest project: New transmission for my Gremlin: 3-speed with Electric Overdrive! It was never offered on the '70 Gremlin like mine, but it was offered in 1975 and 1976.
Recently got very lucky and a friend dragged home a Gremlin parts car that also had the overdrive. So, from that car, I scored the driveshaft and the cross-member the two pieces I was missing! Now, the last bit of the puzzle is I've got another bellhousing coming in from Arizona. This later 3-speed won't bolt up to my 1970 bellhousing.

So, with this new one, I can either modify the bell, make an adapter plate (if necessary), but I'm REALLY hoping that the old 3-speed bolt pattern can simply be drilled into the later transmission. There's TONS of real estate at the front of this trans, and the old pattern is only about an inch narrower. If all I have to do is poke 4 new holes through that front webbing; I'm online!

I've already got the electric side of things sorted out. Gathered some NOS parts like a rubber mount and the governor for the system. Made up a wiring harness, improved on it with a fuse and a relay.... even made a new lens in the gauge cluster that will light up with a green "OD" symbol when the system is active.

View attachment 59747
Well your post has been on my brain bone since Friday... Finally gave in & watched one of my favorite holiday movies last night:

GREMLINS 2.jpg

Miracle on 39th St, Burl Ive's Rudolph, Snoopy & the Peanuts gang... those "beloved" classic holiday flics just don't get me in the mood. Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands, Scott Pilgrim Saves the World (more of a January movie), Scrooged, Lethal Weapon and of course Die Hard. That's what gets me in the Christmas spirit!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well your post has been on my brain bone since Friday... Finally gave in & watched one of my favorite holiday movies last night:

View attachment 59829

Miracle on 39th St, Burl Ive's Rudolph, Snoopy & the Peanuts gang... those "beloved" classic holiday flics just don't get me in the mood. Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands, Scott Pilgrim Saves the World (more of a January movie), Scrooged, Lethal Weapon and of course Die Hard. That's what gets me in the Christmas spirit!
elf.png

esimms86

900 Club - QQ All-Star

View attachment 59829

When did Miracle On 34th Street move 5 blocks uptown? Must have been the gremlins!

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yeah, next you’ll tell me there was no Jann LOL!
Seesh Mr Simms. You really made me dig through the files for this one.

6035 3.jpg

That's Trish in the front & Jann behind, but both in front of the very funky house I moved in to circa '74. Blasted Mott the Hoople as loud as I could with the front door open just to, um, announce myself. We had two cats in the yard. Speed Graphic 4x5 Plus-X. That's all I remember.

A better pic is this one:

1553496176_96a1bef707_o.jpg

shot on a Hasselblad 500C with a bit of a dark slide light leak on the right side. 120mm Zeiss lens I think f8. Kodak VPS 120 film. In front of an Alexander Calder piece by the Crown Center retail area in mid-town KC.

Last edited: