Quantcast

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm so proud of my daughter Gaby, she's autistic (Asperger) and last year started online her first year classes to obtain her Bachelor Computer Science degree, she's only 17. More and more she's integrating herself to the real world and connecting with people. She's always very happy going hiking with daddy.

Go Gaby go.....

Regards,
Personally, I love seeing your pictures. Wonderful!

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm so proud of my daughter Gaby, she's autistic (Asperger) and last year started online her first year classes to obtain her Bachelor Computer Science degree, she's only 17. More and more she's integrating herself to the real world and connecting with people. She's always very happy going hiking with daddy.

Go Gaby go.....

Regards,
Gaby seems like an awesome kid you should be proud of, Sergio!

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now.....

Over on the WESU website we have a list of our 500 favorite albums. This week I play selections form some of my picks on the top 500. We'll hear music from Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Steely Dan, The Who, XTC, Joni Mitchell, The Velvet Underground, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Bob Dylan, Prince, The Beatles, The Beatles and more Beatles!

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST online at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central CT.

And here's our top 500 list!

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well...I ended up getting my vaccine shot much earlier than planned...my sister was scheduled earlier and she had her appointment on Thursday...I spoke to a neighbor and she was in her early 50's and had gotten her shot already...she shared this information with me...she is in the same situation as I am...we are both caregivers for a family member..so when she took her father to get his shot she found out that if people don't show up for their shots...if they don't find alternates... they have to discard the dose...so she mentioned she was a care giver and would happily take one of the "extra" doses...so I did the same thing...some people didn't show up so I got their dose...I was surprised that I couldn't feel anything..I've had flu shots before and I could feel the shot...but this Pfizer vaccine...nothing at all...no after effects either...but I was told to prepare for some after effects on the second shot...

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well...I ended up getting my vaccine shot much earlier than planned...my sister was scheduled earlier and she had her appointment on Thursday...I spoke to a neighbor and she was in her early 50's and had gotten her shot already...she shared this information with me...she is in the same situation as I am...we are both caregivers for a family member..so when she took her father to get his shot she found out that if people don't show up for their shots...if they don't find alternates... they have to discard the dose...so she mentioned she was a care giver and would happily take one of the "extra" doses...so I did the same thing...some people didn't show up so I got their dose...I was surprised that I couldn't feel anything..I've had flu shots before and I could feel the shot...but this Pfizer vaccine...nothing at all...no after effects either...but I was told to prepare for some after effects on the second shot...
That's great Clint. Glad it worked out that way. Now here's hoping you get that 2nd shot on schedule. Seems in some scenarios that may be iffy.

weekendtoy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
My daughter has logged a fair amount of time on the vintage Arctic Cat Cheetah around the back 40, but today was her first ride on a groomed snowmobile trail. She absolutely loved it (double thumbs up) and already has plans for us next weekend.

thumbnail_20210130_140043_resized.jpg

hobie1dog

400 Club - QQ All-Star
My wife got her shot yesterday. Things seem to be not thought out too well. Dr. Fauci said, " This is about keeping people out of the hospital and dying" I'm very high risk with only having 30% lung capacity. If I get the virus, they told me I wouldn't last 1 week. So they wouldn't give me the vaccine.(I'm 12 weeks away from 65) My wife being 66 and in good health could very well get it and never go into the hospital. Putting people who are over 65 in Group 3, and people who are high risk in Group 4 is illogical, and ignorant IMHO. Evidence that the people who are making these decisions are:
1. Healthy
2. Over-educated. As the old saying goes "We are all ignorant, only on different subjects", and sometimes ignorant in their own fields of "expertise"
So now that we are breaking records each and every week of infection and deaths, I could get the virus before I get the vaccine in who knows what month.:mad:

Last edited:

esimms86

Administering the vaccine has been a major, nationwide cluster fuck. The only people I know here who got the shot, and there are a number of them, had some sort of inside advantage in getting a primo position in the queue.
I live in Massachusetts, ranked 41st in the country for Covid vaccination. My wife received the vaccine as a practicing dentist. I’m still waiting for the go ahead for 65 and up. A good friend in CT received his (as did his wife) on Saturday due to receiving an insider tip on access through an unadvertised link at Yale University. They were supposed to be ineligible being that they are both 65 and healthy but the system they accessed allowed both of them to jump the line.

I also a 79 year old friend with severe diabetes(he has no feeling in his feet) and, although he lives in Massachusetts, he was able to get an appointment today in CT.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I live in Massachusetts, ranked 41st in the country for Covid vaccination. My wife received the vaccine as a practicing dentist. I’m still waiting for the go ahead for 65 and up. A good friend in CT received his (as did his wife) on Saturday due to receiving an insider tip on access through an unadvertised link at Yale University. They were supposed to be ineligible being that they are both 65 and healthy but the system they accessed allowed both of them to jump the line.

I also a 79 year old friend with severe diabetes(he has no feeling in his feet) and, although he lives in Massachusetts, he was able to get an appointment today in CT.

Say it ain't so...an Ivy league school...shame shame...maybe we will have another scandal...like the celebrity college admissions scam :censored:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
A friend who doesn't drive and with High BP, Diabetes and cares for an elderly mother is in Group 6, but was offered a jab at a centre 25 miles away but with no way to get there. Another friend had a jab as his wife works for the local GP and was giving jabs, but at the end of the day a load of eligible people hadn't bothered to turn up or tell them (!!!) so she rang him and he got it rather than it being thrown away. My neighbour has asthma and has been given an appointment, his daughter is a district nurse and says rather too many people still think its not real. So its a bit chaotic over here as well, but overall it does seem to being rolled out well. In the UK I'm in Group 7. I've high blood pressure but that isn't counted as a critical underlying health condition so I might get the vaccine March/April, so I'm limiting human contact.....and the humans are very glad no doubt :rolleyes:

esimms86

A friend who doesn't drive and with High BP, Diabetes and cares for an elderly mother is in Group 6, but was offered a jab at a centre 25 miles away but with no way to get there. Another friend had a jab as his wife works for the local GP and was giving jabs, but at the end of the day a load of eligible people hadn't bothered to turn up or tell them (!!!) so she rang him and he got it rather than it being thrown away. My neighbour has asthma and has been given an appointment, his daughter is a district nurse and says rather too many people still think its not real. So its a bit chaotic over here as well, but overall it does seem to being rolled out well. In the UK I'm in Group 7. I've high blood pressure but that isn't counted as a critical underlying health condition so I might get the vaccine March/April, so I'm limiting human contact.....and the humans are very glad no doubt :rolleyes:
The two conditions where people do the worst are high blood pressure and diabetes 🙄