What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As I said, my 2nd shot was yesterday morning. By 3PM, I developed sluggishness, and headache. I actually went to bed at 7PM and slept all night. Today, feel normal. Many have zero symptoms, others have reported 24 hours of significant flu symptoms. I'd say, I skated through this easily. :)

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
As I said, my 2nd shot was yesterday morning. By 3PM, I developed sluggishness, and headache. I actually went to bed at 7PM and slept all night. Today, feel normal. Many have zero symptoms, others have reported 24 hours of significant flu symptoms. I'd say, I skated through this easily. :)
You did get a reaction...and that is what I had hoped to get...something...

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
My wife got her second one and it wiped her out, fever, arm killing her, feels like she got run over by a train. It makes me want to wait for the ONE-SHOT from J&J
The dual shot vaccines efficacy rate are ~20% higher than the J&J so if you have a choice keep that in mind.
Fauci said that the J&J trials occurred at a different time than the Moderna and Pfizer trials, thus one really shouldn't compare them. The variants may have impacted the J&J results:

All three vaccines are very effective in preventing hospitalization and death.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Others have told me the same thing. My second shot (Moderna) is in a few weeks (25th). Everyone has warned me that's the one where I might feel some side effects. Bring it on! :)

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As in the UK we're now doing the 60-64 age range I've got my first on March 15th about 17 miles away, and the second on the 31st March in another town about 25 miles away, which did strike be as bit bizarre, but you book the two together so you take what you're given! Don't know which vaccine, probably Astra-Zeneca. I always have the flu jab, and I too wonder if its worked if I don't get any reaction even as simple as a sore arm.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I wish someone had started a separate thread on the vaccine(s) and who's gotten them and how they've reacted and stuff. I thought about pulling the posts out of this thread and putting them into a new thread but there's just too many of them now.

I bet there are others (like me) who had no idea that the "What to do during..." thread had turned into the "I got the vaccine" thread.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
As in the UK we're now doing the 60-64 age range I've got my first on March 15th about 17 miles away, and the second on the 31st March in another town about 25 miles away, which did strike be as bit bizarre, but you book the two together so you take what you're given! Don't know which vaccine, probably Astra-Zeneca. I always have the flu jab, and I too wonder if its worked if I don't get any reaction even as simple as a sore arm.
I was looking forward to getting these shots so I would feel relieved...but since I didn't have ANY reaction...I now have doubts about the effectiveness of my shots...I'll be doing some research...looking for a verification process...there should be antibodies in my system...but getting someone to test for that might be impossible right now..

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I was looking forward to getting these shots so I would feel relieved...but since I didn't have ANY reaction...I now have doubts about the effectiveness of my shots...I'll be doing some research...looking for a verification process...there should be antibodies in my system...but getting someone to test for that might be impossible right now..
Perhaps you are one of the 40% who would be asymptomatic to COVID and thus not subject to a reaction to the vaccine? :unsure:

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
I sold my 2nd set of BP2000 Def Tech speakers yesterday that were my rear surround speakers, to the same guy who bought my first set. I guess he really liked my demo I gave him being in the middle of 4 of them, it gave him goosebumps.:LB
@hobie1dog
I use Def. Tech. BP 10 for my surrounds.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Perhaps you are one of the 40% who would be asymptomatic to COVID and thus not subject to a reaction to the vaccine? :unsure:
I would love to believe that...but my poor sister's immune system is fragile and she had the same response((no response)....I thought perhaps there were problems with the Pfizer doses...due to the massive refrigeration requirements...maybe the second shot was diluted....but even if that were true....it's improbable that both of the shots were diluted...so at the very least I should have one good dose....so I should have some protection....that's my version of being optimistic o_O

The reality is that the medical community has as many unanswered questions about this virus...as facts...and that's to be expected...under normal circumstances..... things are discovered over the years about a virus...not months