What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week's episode is the 400th episode of my show! To celebrate this anniversary, we'll listen back to some of the highlights from episodes past including excerpts from my interviews with Todd Rundgren, Adrian Belew, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Tommy Keene, Michael Timmins (of Cowboy Junkies) and Robyn Hitchcock; hear some live in-studio performances from David Ford and Echo & Drake; plus tunes from some of the all time favorite Chocolate Cake artists including Crowded House, Warren Zevon, XTC, Kate Bush, The Smithereens, MIke Oldfield and more.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I pulled the (4) 5 inch midranges out of the Mirage M3si speakers and now have the hard job of removing all the old glue and foam from the drivers, I highly dislike doing this part. :mad:

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week's episode is all cover tunes with selections from Kate Bush, Tommy Keene, Wilco, David Bowie, Cowboy Junkies, Maggie Reilly, Yes, Tears For Fears, Cheap Trick, Bonnie Raitt, Prince, Randy Newman, Donald Fagan, Todd Rundgren, Joni Mitchell, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Peter Gabriel, George Michael, Annie Lennox and Al Green.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just trying to get back into some faintness of normalcy after both my wife and I have had both shots; she was headed to a dear friends house on the other side of town the other day.
Well, I just hit on the idea; hey we haven’t been out much at all in the last year, I’d better check our tire pressure on our cars. Sure enough, mine were down to around 20 lbs. And her’s were all the way down to 10-12 lbs. Was really hard to tell that they were that much off. Went to a gas station and filled ‘em. So check your tire pressure.
And remember back in the 50’s maybe 60’s; a full service station would do that for you- now we’re flying helicopters on Mars, but we can’t get serviced for shit right here...

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just trying to get back into some faintness of normalcy after both my wife and I have had both shots; she was headed to a dear friends house on the other side of town the other day.
Well, I just hit on the idea; hey we haven’t been out much at all in the last year, I’d better check our tire pressure on our cars. Sure enough, mine were down to around 20 lbs. And her’s were all the way down to 10-12 lbs. Was really hard to tell that they were that much off. Went to a gas station and filled ‘em. So check your tire pressure.
And remember back in the 50’s maybe 60’s; a full service station would do that for you- now we’re flying helicopters on Mars, but we can’t get serviced for shit right here...
We have been more active than most, or at least than the Pupster family. At first when so much was unknown about the bug we did grocery order on line & pick up, wiped door knobs & handles with disinfectants, soaked fruits/veggies in vinegar solution. I don't think we got lazy about this, but as it became more apparent how this virus was spread, we simply masked, used lots o' hand sanitizer & stayed away from movies & dine in. But if we needed to go to Costco, what ever, we did it & saw the grand kids on birthdays, Xmas, still taking precautions.

And in that time frame I bought a nice new $650 set of Michelin's for my car. For the first time I got road hazard insurance & I bought it where they check pressure by just driving up.

Even after both shots I will still be reasonably cautious. No movies for me but I am looking forward to my favorite local anime convention Naka-Kon. It was cancelled last March 2020 & will be held Labor Day weekend this year. The Kansas city Symphony is getting back on track & I have a real hunger for live orchestral music, outdoors, right now, more than pop rock.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Things are opening up here for us and we have started gathering with relatives and friends in small groups - no more than 6 - and all fully vaccinated. Got to push hard against the momentum of not doing much socializing during the last year.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Things are opening up here for us and we have started gathering with relatives and friends in small groups - no more than 6 - and all fully vaccinated. Got to push hard against the momentum of not doing much socializing during the last year.
Today was an "eye opener" for me...they showed how many people who were fully vaccinated died of the virus...the number itself was small...and I know all the yada yada about how small the % is..BUT...it is a sobering fact...I know that being vaccinated doesn't stop you from getting the virus...but all I expected was you would get sick and not die...and with this "pause" of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine...it will cause even more people to avoid getting the shots...which will just prolong this problem...I still think 2021 isn't going to be the time things return to normal...I got my last shot at the end of Feb...and now I'll probably need a booster shot at the end of August...

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Going to be a long time likely before things really open up as the infection rate is been over 75K every day this week. The 4th wave may be a long one as much as things have opened up and having concerts, summer festivals, sporting events,etc.
I took a long power chair ride after listening to Bob James 12 Lp, and Earl Klugh- Heart Strings Lp's this morning. I'm doing pretty good with listening to 2 records every day so I can get through all 500 records within the next year. I hope my stylus last that long.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Today was an "eye opener" for me...they showed how many people who were fully vaccinated died of the virus...the number itself was small...and I know all the yada yada about how small the % is..BUT...it is a sobering fact...I know that being vaccinated doesn't stop you from getting the virus...but all I expected was you would get sick and not die...and with this "pause" of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine...it will cause even more people to avoid getting the shots...which will just prolong this problem...I still think 2021 isn't going to be the time things return to normal...I got my last shot at the end of Feb...and now I'll probably need a booster shot at the end of August...
We only meet with others who have been fully vaccinated. And we don’t plan on flying for a while after experiencing that March cluster @#&* at the airports and on the flights.

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
it was 70 degrees and sunny skies which made me want to take a very long power chair ride today which I did. I drove it around for 2 hours and got back and had no loss in battery LED indicators, has it supposedly has a 22 mile range on a set of fully charged batteries. I can get a new set of batteries each year but these are four years old and I have no reason to replace them at this point.