What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week's episode is a tribute to Jeff Lynne. We've got solo tracks and music he made with The Idle Race, The Move and The Traveling Wilburys; selections from albums he produced for George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, Paul McCartney and The Beatles; and a healthy dose of The Electric Light Orchestra.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Finally got up the nerve to try the track bike again. It's been sitting unused in the garage for the last 6 months.
Added some amenities to make it more civilized (water bottle holder, big seat bag & JBL flip 4) It's still fixed with a 52X18.
PXL_20210427_230437057.MP.jpg

PXL_20210427_182707490.MP.jpg

I rested my bike up against a stone bench and noticed this plaque:

Victory or Valhalla
PXL_20210427_182802992.MP.jpg

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
BC is in..... 3rd round of lockdowns? Can't even travel between "health regions" anymore. Police are setting up roadblocks. I've been plowing ahead on the Gremlin.
Front-end is all apart now. I've heard we DO have somebody who can do sandblasting and powdercoating, so depending on cost, I might get all the front end goodies done.
Still waiting on spring perch bushings and sway bar bushings but those should be here next week with any luck. My rebuilt door hinges have been painted and will go on maybe tomorrow. Still have a broken bolt on the drivers' side to deal with. I don't really want to drill it out - might call a mobile welding service. If they could just zap a new nut on what remains of the broken bolt, I'm sure it'll zip right out. That's the only thing keeping me from putting the driver door back on.

Gremlin Preservation Society April 2021 Day 7 001.JPG

Figured I'm up to my elbows already, why not rebuild the front brakes while I'm in here? (Doesn't that just look so pretty??? It's almost a shame to cover them up!

Gremlin Preservation Society April 2021 Day 7 007.JPG

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week's episode will feature brand new music from The Wallflowers, Gary Numan, Cheap Trick, Teenage Fanclub, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Mick Fleetwood with David Gilmour, Peter Frampton; plus tunes from Toni Childs, Elvis Costello, Delta Spirit, Badfinger, Steven Wilson, Bob Dylan; and we'll pay tribute to Jim Steinman.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week's episode will feature brand new music from Steven Wilson, Coldplay, Cub Scout Bowling Pins, Guided By Voices, Electric Looking Glass, Jordan Rudess (in tribute to Keith Emerson) and Procol Harum, plus tunes from Mike Oldfield, Sparks, Oingo Boingo, Noah Gundersen, Brendan Benson, Rusty Anderson, Tommy Keene and Michael Penn.

Mr. Afternoon

The Only Surround Gorilla
Something I've been doing during quarantine is making music.
Recently I've been messing around with speaker placements and sound settings in my home theater.
Fun fact: the DSP on a A/V receiver from 2001 I found in the attic holds up against today's offerings (in terms of realism) o_O

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
There is a column on my primary election sample ballot with the heading "Make New Jersey Great Again." Those of you from around the country will probably get a big laugh out of that slogan. I know I am. Anyway, warmest greetings to you all from the most hated state in the country...and by a large margin. We wear that designation as a badge of honor! "Make New Jersey Most Hated Again."

Most Hated State.jpg

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Whoa! You are generous and your buddy is a lucky guy. Cool that he fixed the Revox.
Since my time is running short for my life, I would rather not be greedy and keep everything to myself, but give people things while I'm still alive and get to see them enjoy them. I hate seeing anything just sitting there, and not being used. That's depressing. I will have only 2 pickup truck loads of personal possessions to get rid of after i die, I think that my wife will appreciate knowing that she can grab the 3 sheets of paper I have with everything I own, and know who to call and have come pick up things I'm going to give way to people. In fact, the closer I get to respiratory failure, I'll be calling people myself to start the process of clearing things out.

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
There is a heightened sense of urgency though to listen to as much music as possible. So I'm wearing my Periodic Audio earbuds (great bass) while outside, and my Koss Sporta-Pro lightweight headphones while taking power chair rides, now that the warm weather is here (without a doubt one of the best $30 on the ear/travel headphones out there). Anytime at the iMac, I've got the new HiFiMan HE400s comfortable cans on while I've got music from YouTube going. My trusty 1991 Beyer DT990 Pro 600 ohm model phones on while listening while my wife is sleeping (which the older she gets, the more afternoon naps she takes):)

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. (For the summer, my show now starts 30 minutes earlier and runs for two hours.) This week's episode will feature music from Paul Kelly, Velvet Crush, The Bevis Frond, Psychodots, The Kinks, Tears For Fears, R.E.M., Matthew Sweet, Joe Jackson, Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Replacements, Nick Lowe, Procol Harum, NRBQ, Eurythmics, Nazz, Pink Floyd, The Smithereens, XTC, Split Enz, U2, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen and Tommy Keene.

4:30 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Next project. E.A.I. "Bareknuckle" Track Bike
Unbranded steel Micro alloy track frame.
Micro alloy
"Micro alloys are unique in that they become stronger after welding.
This means that the tube itself gains strength and improves its fatigue life. Also, the tube manufacturer can make the tube thinner and therefore lighter.
These are the lightest, but strongest steel pipes"

Zero / Zero Uno - Deda Acciai
  • Hand made in Venezia, Italy.
This was my first fixed wheel bike. Rode it for a few years but the wheels suck. Broken spokes in the front (ouch) bad bearings in the rear. I finally gave up. Didn't want to invest in new wheels.
I've got some nice HED RC6 +wheels ordered for my carbon bike. The old HED 3 and Reynolds 66 will be donated to the blue bike build.

PXL_20210602_014328524.MP.jpg

PXL_20210602_014704317.MP.jpg

Cibola

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Never give up bro, find the ones you trust and delegate. Stay in the game as long as you can.