What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I was on the same bike trail yesterday but further west and rode down to the Scattergood plant on the beach and back
I don't ride anything as refined as you...but my wheels turn. I would hate to ride without brakes though.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
I was on the same bike trail yesterday but further west and rode down to the Scattergood plant on the beach and back
I don't ride anything as refined as you...but my wheels turn. I would hate to ride without brakes though.
(y) This is the best time of the year to ride @jefe1
Not too hot!
I have an excellent front brake but rarely use it.
This is the picture before re-build.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
My suspension parts made it back from the powdercoaters. Between having this done, and having to locate TWO nearly impossible to find bushings (to the tune of $300!!),
I'm over budget on the front suspension by about $1,000 dollars. I suppose things could be worse, but I'm not sure how. The control arms and spring saddles got dropped off at my friends' shop, he'll press in the new bushings when he has a chance and once I get those back, the rest will go back together fairly quickly. I've already got the sway bar and most of the steering linkage back in. Just gotta hurry up and wait. On the good side of the ledger, BC is beginning to open back up. By the 15th, we should be able to move about the province once again. I'm waiting for July 1st.... that really is going to be Independance Day! After July 1st, we can say Good Bye to the obedience diaper as mask wearing will become OPTIONAL.

Supposedly, the border is going to open up on June 22nd as well. I'm skeptical, but optimistic. I've had stuff sitting at my P.O. Box for well over a year now and a gal from Spokane really wants to buy my Daytona. I could really use the money for the Gremlin right about now.

Gremlin Suspension Powdercoated 002.JPG

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Did some errands today slowly moving out of isolation. I noticed some good things and maybe not so good.

First, our neighborhood was really hopping today, lots other folks out doing stuff and tons of traffic. Seems to me like the economy is taking off in a big way; but beware of increasing inflation as food and energy prices seem way up to me also.

Drove some in the nearby small farming areas and noticed most of the fields I usually see growing crops were sitting fallow, not a good sign for a number of reasons (see the above paragraph on increasing food prices and inflation.)

Miker1102

I'm on the air right now. This week's episode will feature brand new music from Steven Wilson, Coldplay, Cub Scout Bowling Pins, Guided By Voices, Electric Looking Glass, Jordan Rudess (in tribute to Keith Emerson) and Procol Harum, plus tunes from Mike Oldfield, Sparks, Oingo Boingo, Noah Gundersen, Brendan Benson, Rusty Anderson, Tommy Keene and Michael Penn.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.
Michael Penn that's interesting. I had like a flashback from outta the blue with his name. I think he was Sean's brother? What if I was Romeo in black jeans? Maybe off here but ..

Miker1102

Since my time is running short for my life, I would rather not be greedy and keep everything to myself, but give people things while I'm still alive and get to see them enjoy them. I hate seeing anything just sitting there, and not being used. That's depressing. I will have only 2 pickup truck loads of personal possessions to get rid of after i die, I think that my wife will appreciate knowing that she can grab the 3 sheets of paper I have with everything I own, and know who to call and have come pick up things I'm going to give way to people. In fact, the closer I get to respiratory failure, I'll be calling people myself to start the process of clearing things out.
I am sorry. What is your favorite music. Did you have stuff that people could use? Sometimes I think nobody is going to give a crap about my posters except for the money. I tried with my kids but they don't get excited for the music the way I did. I hope your days are filled with peace man. I will pray for you tonight. Thanks for sharing this. I really want to let go of my shit while I am still well and enjoying living.

Miker1102

I am trying to get back to routines. I am looking at concerts but they are crazy expensive. I lost two dogs 7, 14 and my 13 year old cat, my job, and a friend died. This was in the last year. I miss my animals.. especially the younger dog and the cat. This year just broke me. My friend who does was wonderful but no service because of the dam virus. I don't want to sound ungrateful or whiney but I am having a hard time know what normal is anymore or how to get back there.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Drove some in the nearby small farming areas and noticed most of the fields I usually see growing crops were sitting fallow, not a good sign for a number of reasons (see the above paragraph on increasing food prices and inflation.)
Couple that with a lot of people not wanting to work yet because of stimulus packages AND the immigration problem as well. Food prices up here in Canuckistan have tripled in some cases and in others - it's simply not available. Here in BC especially, we depend on 80-some percent of our produce from either America or South Africa. Almost 90% of our local grown stuff is sold on the foreign market. It's curious though to watch and see what hasn't been produced in the last little while. Much like the fear over TP-shortages, now there seem to be rolling shorts of food stuffs. Cooking Spray (Pam) was one that all our local stores was out of for WEEKS. Prior to that, Yeast, Baking Powder and multi-purpose flour would disappear before they even hit the shelves.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Took my bike out for a ride in this great weather riding down the Ballona Beach path I manage to directly ride over a small rock which deflated my rear tire. It wouldn't hold air so I had to walk back home with the bike. I got my exercise....
Took the wheel off and found that there is a split in the tire and a hole in the inner tube although the tire split dies not go all the way thru.
I put some super glue in the tire crack see if that holds and I will patch the tube.
I just put a new tube in the front tire a week ago....

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I am trying to get back to routines. I am looking at concerts but they are crazy expensive. I lost two dogs 7, 14 and my 13 year old cat, my job, and a friend died. This was in the last year. I miss my animals.. especially the younger dog and the cat. This year just broke me. My friend who does was wonderful but no service because of the dam virus. I don't want to sound ungrateful or whiney but I am having a hard time know what normal is anymore or how to get back there.
Wow, losing animals is just heart-breaking. Have you found another job yet? There are millions of "Help Wanted" signs everywhere but 99% of them are Minimum Wage jobs that few people want to be seen working at. :(

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Took my bike out for a ride in this great weather riding down the Ballona Beach path I manage to directly ride over a small rock which deflated my rear tire. It wouldn't hold air so I had to walk back home with the bike. I got my exercise....
Took the wheel off and found that there is a split in the tire and a hole in the inner tube although the tire split dies not go all the way thru.
I put some super glue in the tire crack see if that holds and I will patch the tube.
I just put a new tube in the front tire a week ago....
I thought bike riders carried around those quick tube patch kits for on the road repair. Or maybe that’s just for long haul bike trips?

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I thought bike riders carried around those quick tube patch kits for on the road repair. Or maybe that’s just for long haul bike trips?

I do in a little bag under the seat
But this was the rear wheel got to take the chain off and I had a split in the tire and I was close enuf to walk home. I have fixed the split with superglue patched the inner tube and went for a ride yesterday with no problems....

hobie1dog

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I am sorry. What is your favorite music. Did you have stuff that people could use? Sometimes I think nobody is going to give a crap about my posters except for the money. I tried with my kids but they don't get excited for the music the way I did. I hope your days are filled with peace man. I will pray for you tonight. Thanks for sharing this. I really want to let go of my shit while I am still well and enjoying living.
My 2 favorite artist are Pat Metheny and Gino Vannelli. but playing trumpet most of my life, I have some of it, mostly jazz.
Everything I have is written down on a list with someones name on it.

Miker1102

Wow, losing animals is just heart-breaking. Have you found another job yet? There are millions of "Help Wanted" signs everywhere but 99% of them are Minimum Wage jobs that few people want to be seen working at. :(
I went to a lower rated job in a homeless shelter. I had been the assist executive director in that job now I am an Assistant Director in this one Basically I run hud programs for the homeless. It's been a decent career but I am tried of helping people that don't need help that need to try. B