• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Farmer Mike has a dilemma.
Do I actually plant much in my allotment this year?

My gut feeling is that things are going to get really tough for folk, especially with shortages and little spare money to use for anything above essentials.
Therefore, reluctantly, I have decided that, as the long row of plots lie unprotected and have reasonable access 24/7, I cannot spend a good proportion of my time growing stuff that will not find its way onto my families and friends plates.

We all are making sacrifices and that's mine.

A huge shame, as it gives me so much pleasure.
Hopefully, next year we will all know where we are at.

Didn't mean to throw in a downer, as that's not me at all, just being a pragmatic realist.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Of course, on the up-side, it means I can listen to so much more music and josh with you guys and gals!!
:SG:51QQ:SG

Philip Spinner

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The thing I noticed yesterday while outside is how quiet it got. Interstate 95 and the northeast corridor are just a little over a mile from my house and normally I get a distant, steady roar from all the movement out there but lately not so much. I sure wish I had 4 good microphones lying around. I would take my Teac out in the field and pretend to be Brad Miller. Be nice to make some quad nature recordings while still experiencing these 1970's sound levels.

timothyemerson

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Here's a free streaming app that I've never heard about or seen any ads for online but only found out about via my local library: www.kanopy.com.

Provided your local library (where you're a member and can access your library account online) is a Kanopy subscriber, you can sign up for a Kanopy account, sync it to your library account, download the Kanopy app to your TV or however you're gonna watch it, and you're in business.

1. It's all free and legit.
2. You get 10 watches per month (your library pays for them all). There are a few that don't count towards your monthly credit limit that they've set up due to current lockdowns though.
3. Everything I've watched is either stereo or mono though and quality of some of the older flicks isn't always the best, but hey, it's free and a good way to catch up on some flicks you've always wanted to see. You'll probably find some movies you've never even heard of but will enjoy immensely in their archives too - I have.

Happy watching!

Beefalo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Farmer Mike has a dilemma.
Do I actually plant much in my allotment this year?

My gut feeling is that things are going to get really tough for folk, especially with shortages and little spare money to use for anything above essentials.
Therefore, reluctantly, I have decided that, as the long row of plots lie unprotected and have reasonable access 24/7, I cannot spend a good proportion of my time growing stuff that will not find its way onto my families and friends plates.

We all are making sacrifices and that's mine.

A huge shame, as it gives me so much pleasure.
Hopefully, next year we will all know where we are at.

Didn't mean to throw in a downer, as that's not me at all, just being a pragmatic realist.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Of course, on the up-side, it means I can listen to so much more music and josh with you guys and gals!!
:SG:51QQ:SG
Good safety measure.
A good harvest would attract pests.....

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I got fired back in January so, I've been enjoying my vacation/self isolation. I've gotten so many projects that were back-burnered finished that I had no idea I had so much work stocked up!

Finished hanging the ceiling and insulating the ceiling in one corner of our basement.
Restored a Motorcraft wiper motor for my Gremlin
Created a wiring harness for said restored wiper motor so I can replace the Prestolite wipers that never seem to park properly and usually just fall off.
Built wiring harnesses to add sequential turn signals to my Shelby Daytona
Built yet ANOTHER wiring harness for the Overdrive in my Gremlin so that it has a relay and not all current is being drawn through the irreplaceable switch.
Finally found a yoke for said Overdrive after much, much research
Rebuilt a Holley double-pumper for a friend
Restored a Pioneer TP-800 FM/8-track deck that is destined for a friends' '71 Monaco
Help another friend put together the interior on his '65 Polara

And I've been buying more stereo 8-track tapes than law should allow. But now with the dollar tanking I'm probably going to flip into seller mode.
eBay should be hot pickins' over the next little while what with the cancellation of the Portland Swap Meet.

OH! I did splurge a little and used some of my severance pay to buy an NOS dust cover for my Akai Quad reel deck and I did spend $125 to score that "Elvis in Memphis" Japanese CD-4 disc.

Past that, I'm sleeping 'til noon, staying up all night, got the house to myself during the day.... I'm just hoping EI kicks in soon and Ford Financings Insurance starts paying for my Mustang and I will literally be living the dream.

timothyemerson

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I got fired back in January so, I've been enjoying my vacation/self isolation. I've gotten so many projects that were back-burnered finished that I had no idea I had so much work stocked up!

Finished hanging the ceiling and insulating the ceiling in one corner of our basement.
Created a wiring harness for said restored wiper motor so I can replace the Prestolite wipers that never seem to park properly and usually just fall off.
Built yet ANOTHER wiring harness for the Overdrive in my Gremlin so that it has a relay and not all current is being drawn through the irreplaceable switch.
Restored a Pioneer TP-800 FM/8-track deck that is destined for a friends' '71 Monaco

And I've been buying more stereo 8-track tapes than law should allow. But now with the dollar tanking I'm probably going to flip into seller mode.
eBay should be hot pickins' over the next little while what with the cancellation of the Portland Swap Meet.

OH! I did splurge a little and used some of my severance pay to buy an NOS dust cover for my Akai Quad reel deck and I did spend $125 to score that "Elvis in Memphis" Japanese CD-4 disc.

Past that, I'm sleeping 'til noon, staying up all night, got the house to myself during the day.... I'm just hoping EI kicks in soon and Ford Financings Insurance starts paying for my Mustang and I will literally be living the dream.
Awesome to get to work on your machines. Do you have any pics of your Daytona and Gremlin? That Gremlin was a cool looking car.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

OK. So, I've been through a "firing" too. Please do tell. Were you really fired? If so, why? Age, etc? If you prefer a PM, please do.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
OK. So, I've been through a "firing" too. Please do tell. Were you really fired? If so, why? Age, etc? If you prefer a PM, please do.
My former employer and I didn't exactly see eye-to-eye. I know for a fact he was intimidated by me - which is bloody hysterical because I'm actually a big teddy bear. But when I can turn a 50k per week produce department into a 90k per week department; and can work every department in the store and he has to come to me to ask questions about how things are done... yeah, there's a problem. With 20 years under my belt in the grocery biz, I should have my own store at this point. I shouldn't be playing third fiddle to a fellow who obviously does not belong there. To be honest, I was looking for other work already as I'd had enough of his undermining me at every turn. Long story short, first week of January I guess I got too "in his face" about yet ANOTHER year with no raise and that if I don't get a raise, he'll be looking for another department head very soon. Well, the next week I got my walking papers. I guess the proper term is "dismissed" as I still got a pretty healthy sum for severance, I got paid out for vacation. I didn't get my 2019 bonus which REALLY pisses me off, but his letting me go was timed perfectly so that he got to keep it. Since he was "kind" enough to mark me down as "no reason for dismissal" it is taken that it is through no fault of mine and therefore still eligible for EI and I had opted for job insurance coverage when I bought my 2016 Mustang GT.

Funny thing is, former employer went and hired one of his friends' daughters for the position and from what I hear from my old team, they hate her. One member from my former team has already left, two are on their way out and sales have PLUMMETED. She can't do jack. One of my guys said it took her 3 hours to do price changes one day, when the rest of us can do it in 30-45 minutes.

I love the Grocery gig but it's just full of idiots and little boys who only got where they are because of their daddy's check-book. I'm going to look into finishing my Engineering course through the internet and go see if I can find me a comfy job watching a boiler somewhere. I have a friend who does that for $32/hour and sits in the same chair for 10-12 hour days.

I could do that.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Awesome to get to work on your machines. Do you have any pics of your Daytona and Gremlin? That Gremlin was a cool looking car.
Hah! Lucky accident. Daytoner with Gremblin in the background.

100_2386.JPG

And little Gremmie. Still has a date with the body shop this year. Will probably dip into my retirement fund for that. Might make it to Kenosha this year, might not.

100_2165.JPG

And, the Gremlin and the beast. LOL.

100_2451.JPG

timothyemerson

400 Club - QQ All-Star

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
My former employer and I didn't exactly see eye-to-eye. I know for a fact he was intimidated by me - which is bloody hysterical because I'm actually a big teddy bear. But when I can turn a 50k per week produce department into a 90k per week department; and can work every department in the store and he has to come to me to ask questions about how things are done... yeah, there's a problem. With 20 years under my belt in the grocery biz, I should have my own store at this point. I shouldn't be playing third fiddle to a fellow who obviously does not belong there. To be honest, I was looking for other work already as I'd had enough of his undermining me at every turn. Long story short, first week of January I guess I got too "in his face" about yet ANOTHER year with no raise and that if I don't get a raise, he'll be looking for another department head very soon. Well, the next week I got my walking papers. I guess the proper term is "dismissed" as I still got a pretty healthy sum for severance, I got paid out for vacation. I didn't get my 2019 bonus which REALLY pisses me off, but his letting me go was timed perfectly so that he got to keep it. Since he was "kind" enough to mark me down as "no reason for dismissal" it is taken that it is through no fault of mine and therefore still eligible for EI and I had opted for job insurance coverage when I bought my 2016 Mustang GT.

Funny thing is, former employer went and hired one of his friends' daughters for the position and from what I hear from my old team, they hate her. One member from my former team has already left, two are on their way out and sales have PLUMMETED. She can't do jack. One of my guys said it took her 3 hours to do price changes one day, when the rest of us can do it in 30-45 minutes.

I love the Grocery gig but it's just full of idiots and little boys who only got where they are because of their daddy's check-book. I'm going to look into finishing my Engineering course through the internet and go see if I can find me a comfy job watching a boiler somewhere. I have a friend who does that for $32/hour and sits in the same chair for 10-12 hour days.

I could do that.
Ugh. Sorry man. Most of the time, it's big man canning a good employee. I could go on, and on. I'm in a better place now, as it turns out. :)

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The thing I noticed yesterday while outside is how quiet it got. Interstate 95 and the northeast corridor are just a little over a mile from my house and normally I get a distant, steady roar from all the movement out there but lately not so much. I sure wish I had 4 good microphones lying around. I would take my Teac out in the field and pretend to be Brad Miller. Be nice to make some quad nature recordings while still experiencing these 1970's sound levels.
But the nice part, Philip, is with reduced traffic [from 95 and the Merritt] and WAY fewer flights, the reduction in pollution is VERY noticeable!

Marplot

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Moot point but single shot muskets compared to automatic weapons..........
I don't understand what automatic weapons have to do with anything.
In the US, more suicides than homicides are committed by firearm.
More homicides are via handguns than any other firearm type; actually than every other type combined.

I can certainly get behind what I infer your opinion is that there is entirely too much gun violence in this country. ~7x the homicide rate than similar income nations with a significantly higher percentage being by firearm; but automatic weapons do not play a role in that conversation.

Ninecats

701 Club - QQ All-Star
My daily life is about the same, I work as a nurse in an intensive care unit and to be honest the work load isn’t significantly higher in this part of Sweden. Stockholm is a bit more but overall I can’t say that Covid-19 taken a complete grip of the society (the restaurant owners probably disagree). The biggest restrictions are crowds over 500 and distance studies for college and grown up school, whereas children and upper secondary school is open (data suggest that children doesn’t get this in the same way older people do thankfully). This does that many can still go to work, including health care staff. Overall a bit less restrictive here compared to other countries but the health organization in Sweden has a plan, and that is to extend this course in order to avoid the heights in which we won’t have enough medical supply or staff. Even out the curve as they say.

Last edited: