• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Philip Spinner

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
But the nice part, Philip, is with reduced traffic [from 95 and the Merritt] and WAY fewer flights, the reduction in pollution is VERY noticeable!
Your right. Should be getting better. I heard one scientist say that the very short term result from less pollution is slightly warmer temperatures. He said we would need this reduction for a long time to really make a difference so enjoy it now. Hey it's sunny again. I'm going back outside for some more rays. My summer tan is coming along very nice. Now about those damn leave blowers.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Something funny for my friends :):):)

The only Duke's mayonnaise left at my local grocery store.

A very very big plastic jar :):):)

And..............

Today in CV isolation, miss very much the beaches of the Island where I was born.

Varadero Beach, Cuba

The Island Boy :LB:LB:LB

Be safe everybody!!!!

Regards,
Awesome.. I grew up in Joyuda Beach, Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico ON THE BEACH!!!...this is a typical sunset...with the same framing from the trees

This is the house, now in ruins..
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 4.26.01 PM.png

Philip Spinner

Lots of music to play here so no worries. Yesterday I sat in the backyard to soak up some rays. I read somewhere that the virus does not like UV. Later when I came back in and checked the mail I discovered four large boxes on my front porch. One of them is large like a box set. All of them went into my quarantine box till at least the weekend. Did not even read the labels. No rush but something to look forward to.
This morning I could not wait any longer and checked the 4 packages that came a few days ago. Should be purged from germs by now but will be careful just the same. First one is the Marillion set. Only one wrapped in plastic so will remain sealed for a little longer. Next a stack of SACD's from Elusive disc. Third was just an lp I ordered a while back because I wore out my original pressing. Arthur Lee's Vindicator. I thought I was ordering an original pressing but the disc turned out to be a 180 gram re pressing from 2019. I didn't know they did that. I'm a sucker for anything that sounds even remotely like Hendrix. Finally the big box. Removed the packing slip and first thing I saw was Cherry Red at he top. Then below it said The Alan Parsons Project, Ammonia Avenue. Woo Hoo. So I received Marillion and Ammonia Ave well before the release date. I wonder if they tried to beat the virus. Don't know but not complaining. I will be busy this weekend.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
you know...??? I think we now can see the deep reality in people's lives judging how they respond to this lockdown.

I'd even dare say that we can see their view on their own mortality, people who are freaking out are PANICKED about death....

Granted, death is nothing to sneeze your nose at , especially at less than 2 meters away, but, people, death is part of life!!!! And , if you want to , you can quote Greg Lake on PaaE.

As for myself, I am working a LOT now and basically living as normal as I can and being VERY happy. I ADORE my wife and we are both working hard and living life as best as we can. This morning we had a lovely fruit salad and French Toast made with Brioche, a LUXURY!!!

YES, we know this is serious and are VERY aware of the seriousness of the situation but maybe because of that we started our isolation on the 1st week of March.

Yes, there are Amazon delivery assholes spitting on delivered packages and there HAS to be infected delivery employees but we do our best and clean and Lysol all the packages received and hope for the best.

So, my take on this is , be happy, and be THANKFUL you are healthy and have electricity, water, food, deliveries,etc (my family and friends in PR had NONE of these in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria and they SURVIVED)...so keep on truckin' and listening to surround!!!!

:smokin:smokin:smokin

Last edited:

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well, It seems we went from a pretend lock down to a real lock down as of midnight tonight. I can only speak for San Francisco and San Mateo counties.
We are now ordered to completely stop (basically everything until May 3rd) construction operations which is my business, my master bed/bathroom remodel stopped, rough electrical and plumbing is in, just shy of insulation and sheetrock. That was keeping me busy at home.
I'ts not that fun listening to music or watching TV all the time, or the same damn walk everyday. Parks and beaches closed.
I was so hard up to do things today I took the floor grates off at living room and kitchen and vacuumed the duct work of spider webs. My front yard, back yard, garage, inside house are all massively cleaned and purged of things we haven't used in a long time all to Good Will.
I have ripped and tagged all discs.
I think tomorrow I will take the extra paint I have and touch up the scuff marks on some of the walls.
I suffer from OCD which is rarely a problem as I keep myself busy, but this lock down is really stretching me. Being an audiophile I think means you have some level of OCD? Right?
I wish I could go to someones house and help them put together a stereo.
Oh Well (Part One): Thanks for letting me vent. I am glad my family and nobody I know has Covid19 which is way bigger than what I am going thru and from what I have heard many people are having a hard time as many of us are very mobile.
Tomorrow if I can fight the depression I am going to try and put together a routine that will be lock down but be structured so I can remain strong and happy for my family and others.
QQ has always been a level of therapy for me and I wish all of you great peace and love.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well, It seems we went from a pretend lock down to a real lock down as of midnight tonight. I can only speak for San Francisco and San Mateo counties.
We are now ordered to completely stop (basically everything until May 3rd) construction operations which is my business, my master bed/bathroom remodel stopped, rough electrical and plumbing is in, just shy of insulation and sheetrock. That was keeping me busy at home.
I'ts not that fun listening to music or watching TV all the time, or the same damn walk everyday. Parks and beaches closed.
I was so hard up to do things today I took the floor grates off at living room and kitchen and vacuumed the duct work of spider webs. My front yard, back yard, garage, inside house are all massively cleaned and purged of things we haven't used in a long time all to Good Will.
I have ripped and tagged all discs.
I think tomorrow I will take the extra paint I have and touch up the scuff marks on some of the walls.
I suffer from OCD which is rarely a problem as I keep myself busy, but this lock down is really stretching me. Being an audiophile I think means you have some level of OCD? Right?
I wish I could go to someones house and help them put together a stereo.
Oh Well (Part One): Thanks for letting me vent. I am glad my family and nobody I know has Covid19 which is way bigger than what I am going thru and from what I have heard many people are having a hard time as many of us are very mobile.
Tomorrow if I can fight the depression I am going to try and put together a routine that will be lock down but be structured so I can remain strong and happy for my family and others.
QQ has always been a level of therapy for me and I wish all of you great peace and love.
POOR MARKIE......All this energy and NO WAY to dissipate it.

But I'll take you up on helping me to install my new system which is sitting in MASSIVE UNOPENED boxes in my man cave. Work has come to a standstill here as well. And to be honest, even if I got all those speakers, etc. out of their respective boxes, I couldn't do the calibrations necessary for a proper set up.

And of course the temptation to place ORDERS on the internet is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Placed three orders this week with Acoustic Sounds and a few UHD4K flicks from Amazon and today, my freakin' postman left my mail, including my monthly credit card statement, on the bottom stairs of my house. Imagine if it had either rained or blew away. My credit card info would be fair game.

Just stay healthy, Markie and there's a litle OCD in all of us ..... especially when it comes to our SURROUND SYSTEMS! Keep everything in PHASE and you'll never go wrong.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yeah, it's certainly an odd time for us. I'm sort of anti-social. So, this isn't a stretch for me. I know...I know.
Yup, me also (anti-social).
QQ is my social!
We are fortunate that we can get groceries delivered from our local store, but I notice because of hoarding, we get less than half of the stuff we order.
However we are well stocked up on most stuff and are hunkered down for the long haul, even ordered over $100 in seeds to start replanting our backyard garden this year.
Keep communicating here Mark - @marpow I've got you in my thoughts. :)

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yup, me also (anti-social).
QQ is my social!
We are fortunate that we can get groceries delivered from our local store, but I notice because of hoarding, we get less than half of the stuff we order.
However we are well stocked up on most stuff and are hunkered down for the long haul, even ordered over $100 in seeds to start replanting our backyard garden this year.
Keep communicating here Mark - @marpow I've got you in my thoughts. :)
JP, all you need is a scratch on your belly and you'll be PUTTY IN OUR HANDS

See the source image

Cibola

Learned today that a Fellow (a post residency physician) who's been with our clinical genomics lab tested positive for Covid-19. He had a fever and flu symptoms the morning of March 17 but didn't come in to work. Not sure what's going to happen now, just wait and see. He had been to Michigan and a conference, though I don't know where.

ar surround

QQ Supporter
Yeah, it's certainly an odd time for us. I'm sort of anti-social. So, this isn't a stretch for me. I know...I know.
Ditto. All sorts of toys to play with in the basement keeps me busy...before and after lockdown. I have several “to big to fail” hobbies...If I was locked down for a year I would still have a good bit to do.

Then there is a bundle of yard work including splitting a massive pile of logs for burning in the wood stove next season.

Hiking trails remain open here in Bumblefuck as well as in the rest if the state. We have access to the local trails right behind our house.

Now as far as my better half going nuts...well that may be another story.