What's for dinner ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawmacias

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
SPAHGETTI !

Attachments

• SPAGHETTI.jpg
    SPAGHETTI.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 211
You've got a full array of fettuccine there my friend! :LOL: Hope nothing serious is wrong; it's when it starts spitin' marinara sauce back at ya, that you've got to worry about.
Is that the back of your 9001?
Nothing major. Changing out my Sansui SC737 cassette player. It stopped working. Will have to open er up. I replaced it with a later pioneer unit I had.
It didn't spit out marinara sauce , thank goodness! Talkin' about food , now I'm hungry! Fast food , here I come!

Attachments

• 20190915_163247.jpg
    20190915_163247.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 20190915_163303.jpg
    20190915_163303.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 189
SPAHGETTI !

I have been hesitant to post pics in the Show Us Your Gear thread for mainly 2 reasons. Firstly it's not all that special compared to some of the awesome installs I've seen. And also the back of the set up is disorganized & chaotic it's embarrassing (but it works glitch free!).

However I have been ispired by rawmaqcias and a Mark Andeson post to revel in the entangled mess that is my system.

From the front not too bad:
GEAR FRONT 2.jpg

Top to bottom: Panasonic Quad Scope, Surround Master v2, Anthem AMV 30, Zektor switcher, Adcom preamp, Oppo 105, Chase RLC1, Pioneer DVL-700, 2 Adcom 555 power amps for the main 4 channels. Not too bad.

But like a mullet haircut it all changes in the back:
GEAR BACK 2.jpg

Worse than spaghetti, I call it the Medusa Method of hook up. But sometimes electricity don't care how pretty it looks. Items at the bottom is an Audiosource bridged for center front & another Adcom 555 bridged for the sub woofs. It is built into the wall so I have complete access to the rear connections. Thank goodness for that!

I have been hesitant to post pics in the Show Us Your Gear thread for mainly 2 reasons. Firstly it's not all that special compared to some of the awesome installs I've seen. And also the back of the set up is disorganized & chaotic it's embarrassing (but it works glitch free!).

However I have been ispired by rawmaqcias and a Mark Andeson post to revel in the entangled mess that is my system.

From the front not too bad:
View attachment 43234

Top to bottom: Panasonic Quad Scope, Surround Master v2, Anthem AMV 30, Zektor switcher, Adcom preamp, Oppo 105, Chase RLC1, Pioneer DVL-700, 2 Adcom 555 power amps for the main 4 channels. Not too bad.

But like a mullet haircut it all changes in the back:
View attachment 43235

Worse than spaghetti, I call it the Medusa Method of hook up. But sometimes electricity don't care how pretty it looks. Items at the bottom is an Audiosource bridged for center front & another Adcom 555 bridged for the sub woofs. It is built into the wall so I have complete access to the rear connections. Thank goodness for that!
I don't know how many times I cleaned it all up with ties and wire looms etc only to take it all apart because I had to change out or install something. After a while I got the "out of site , out of mind " syndrome.
Maybe someone can start a best spaghetti thread ! Kinda like a rat rod . Be proud of it !

Picture is the front side. Not bad!
SPAGHETTI FRONT.jpg

Last edited:
I like what I see! Nice set up & 3 TT's. I've known only one other person like that. He had one TT for CD-4 , one with MC cart for all else, & one oldie idler wheel drive for cleaning a record.

I don't know how many times I cleaned it all up with ties and wire looms etc only to take it all apart because I had to change out or install something. After a while I got the "out of site , out of mind " syndrome.
Maybe someone can start a best spaghetti thread ! Kinda like a rat rod . Be proud of it !

Exactly! Also there is a downside to obsessive cable routing. When multiple cables run close together in parallel there is a chance for noise pick up between power, digital, & analog audio. I've known people to just group all of them together & tie them up tight. First thing is to group selectively.

It's not really out of sight for me. Coming into my Bassment first is the electronic workshop side & around the corner is my music/movie room. The back of the gear is always noticeble as you walk in that room. Oh well.

I like what I see! Nice set up & 3 TT's. I've known only one other person like that. He had one TT for CD-4 , one with MC cart for all else, & one oldie idler wheel drive for cleaning a record.

Exactly! Also there is a downside to obsessive cable routing. When multiple cables run close together in parallel there is a chance for noise pick up between power, digital, & analog audio. I've known people to just group all of them together & tie them up tight. First thing is to group selectively.

It's not really out of sight for me. Coming into my Bassment first is the electronic workshop side & around the corner is my music/movie room. The back of the gear is always noticeble as you walk in that room. Oh well.
Yeah, the one thing I do is try and keep the power away from the other cables . Otherwise it's a free for all!
The picture of the front is a little dated. I have changed out the Sansui FR 3080 w/AT440MLa . Which is a 4 channel TT. I used it for CD-4 . It took some work to get it calibrated to play all four channels all the time. That was educational! I replaced it with a Sansui SR-838 w/AT 15SS and Shibata stylus. I haven't calibrated it for CD-4 yet. The Dual 721 w/ AT 14Sa and eliptical stylus is for my other quad/stereo vinyl. The Technics SL 1200MK5 is one of the newest of my collection. I have had it before I started collecting . I really don't use it much , but I've had it for so long.

Back