• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's for SALE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at a pair of NS 1000 wooofers and the seller sent me an offer. But there is a guy in Ohio who can rebuild anything and for the same price he will redo them completely including remagnetizing the magnetic circuit. (somebody triggered that maschine while I was on the phone with him.)
PM Reproductions Hempopotamus speakers in Ohio

https://www.facebook.com/Hempopotamus-Loudspeakers-448440448554186/
I think that Oppo s are special case of unobtainium. But most things right now I think it is likely , mainly a buyers market. I may offer the speaker seller a counter offer but it will be on the low side.

The ebay seller discount thing is a somewhat new feature. I have gotten a couple of these offers after looking at things. I guess business is bad.

Ok...this is a first for me on Ebay….my second choice for a 105(due to the condition and seller)is listed at $1050...I mentioned in my previous post that the seller might come down $50...making it $1,000...I have never contacted the seller about the item but I received an email from Ebay offering me $100 off the price because I had viewed the item...I have 48 hours to decide to accept the offer...decline the offer...or offer a counter offer...but I'm not the only person to receive this offer...so first come first serve.....very interesting approach...I'll consider it...

Sending you a PM about Oppo.

EBAY isn't making those offers to you. The SELLER is alerted that people are "WATCHING" his/her items and the Seller offers the discount to those people all in 1 shot...not individually. EBAY itself isn't doing anything concerning the offers. As a matter of fact EBAY has cut back drastically on its EBAY BUCKS program where they use to give you 8%-10% Discounts on items you purchase. Up to $100 that is.

Sending you a PM about Oppo.

EBAY isn't making those offers to you. The SELLER is alerted that people are "WATCHING" his/her items and the Seller offers the discount to those people all in 1 shot...not individually. EBAY itself isn't doing anything concerning the offers. As a matter of fact EBAY has cut back drastically on its EBAY BUCKS program where they use to give you 8%-10% Discounts on items you purchase. Up to $100 that is.

Well I knew Ebay wasn't going to supplement any sales...they are just the messenger...I've been dormant on Ebay for 11 months and had never seen this method employed...I was unaware that the Ebay Bucks program was diluted..thanks for the info (y)

For anyone in the home counties needing an Oppo: there's a bloke in the Oppo users Facebook group who lives in Hertfordshire with a mint 105D. (He replaced it with a 205.) He's not naming a price, but doesn't want to ship it. Just posted it a couple of hours ago, and no bites yet...

Last edited:
Last edited:
That does sound interesting. Now if only the 3D chip could be surreptitiously added for those of us who still enjoy 3D....

Saw these on Yahoo Japan if anyone is interested
Noppin, Japan Shopping Service - Auction Detail
1594247874548.png

1594247943720.png

1594248023840.png

For newer members who might not know about THIS release...if you like the music..it's an excellent sounding title...2 disc set...I didn't look around and price check but I know it wasn't available at a lot of outlets....
A nice one Clint (rare 3-channel), but it sounds like he's singing right in front of you!

Back