• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's for SALE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? the cost for the vinyl is $21.50. That would make the original $3 or so back in 1970. But alas, no surround.
Yup $3 was the going price of a new single disc LP issue way back when. They went up pretty fast to $3.50.I couldn't find any original purchases going back that far with the outer sleeve & price sticker intact but I did find Jethro Tull Heavy Horses circa '78 for $3.99:
HEAVY 2.jpg

Alas, no surround.
Also back in early 70's you catch a live performance of the likes of Billy Joel, Elton John, Jethro Tull for about $5.00.

Yup $3 was the going price of a new single disc LP issue way back when. They went up pretty fast to $3.50.I couldn't find any original purchases going back that far with the outer sleeve & price sticker intact but I did find Jethro Tull Heavy Horses circa '78 for $3.99:
View attachment 55106

Alas, no surround.
Also back in early 70's you catch a live performance of the likes of Billy Joel, Elton John, Jethro Tull for about $5.00.

Yep...I don't know how many copies of Dark Side I bought on vinyl

I have a question for the OPPO fans, of which I am one. I have a 105, 203 & 205.

But I made them all obsolete except as disc players and streamers because I got one of these Trinnov Altitude pre amps. It takes the HDMI out from the OPPO and has an on board full computer that decodes the files w/ software that they update regularly. Pretty cool right there, but it also breaks the channels out and gives you routing capability similar to a mastering board. Then it uses a 3-D mic to do room corrections (amplitude, phase response, group delay, and impulse response) before the signals are turned into analog. It has 16 channels of pre-out which I can make into any config. Mostly it's 5.2 , but obviously we have some good music in Atmos now so I can run 7.2.4.

It is a stunning change over anything Audessy or other room s/w can do.

But, since I'm HDMI out from the OPPO, I don't use most of the outstanding features other than it's ability to digest any type of disc or file. Is there another product that can match its "play anything" capability minus all the brilliant DACs and analog outs etc?

Attachments

• Trinnov Atmos meters.jpg
    Trinnov Atmos meters.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 229
  • Trinnov Output controls.jpg
    Trinnov Output controls.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Trinnov Phase 1.jpeg
    Trinnov Phase 1.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 231
I have a question for the OPPO fans, of which I am one. I have a 105, 203 & 205.

But I made them all obsolete except as disc players and streamers because I got one of these Trinnov Altitude pre amps. It takes the HDMI out from the OPPO and has an on board full computer that decodes the files w/ software that they update regularly. Pretty cool right there, but it also breaks the channels out and gives you routing capability similar to a mastering board. Then it uses a 3-D mic to do room corrections (amplitude, phase response, group delay, and impulse response) before the signals are turned into analog. It has 16 channels of pre-out which I can make into any config. Mostly it's 5.2 , but obviously we have some good music in Atmos now so I can run 7.2.4.

It is a stunning change over anything Audessy or other room s/w can do.

But, since I'm HDMI out from the OPPO, I don't use most of the outstanding features other than it's ability to digest any type of disc or file. Is there another product that can match its "play anything" capability minus all the brilliant DACs and analog outs etc?

Well...that's the rub....many products outperform various aspects of an Oppo...but none(that I am aware of)perform as many tasks in one machine...

If somebody has time to scroll thru these pages they might just find some bargins

For anyone interested, the PopMarket sale posted by Clint has the Beastie Boys Hot Sauce Committee box for only $22. I've been tempted to buy it, but I've held off as the 5.1 mix does not get great reviews, but for those who want a copy, that's a fantastic price. Here's the direct link:

Hot Sauce

For anyone interested, the PopMarket sale posted by Clint has the Beastie Boys Hot Sauce Committee box for only $22. I've been tempted to buy it, but I've held off as the 5.1 mix does not get great reviews, but for those who want a copy, that's a fantastic price. Here's the direct link:

Hot Sauce
Deep Discount also has the Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee part 2 on sale for $21.88

Hot Sauce part 2

They are definitely getting up there Clint, you think the Daree Ed. brings a significant premium?

I think the Darbee function is worthwhile...but I don't think that is what drives the price in certain listings...it's the "perceived" condition of the unit....I would venture to say that most people that have Darbee edition Oppo's never have even tried that function....

While I love this album even the much maligned quad version, all I can say is why? This is like one of those cheap multi-hit records featuring songs re-recorded by the original artist, but not the original version, no thanks.
I guess I'm a cynic...he's an interesting guy...not the usual pop singer type...but I think he's going for the cash o_O

Back