• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's for SALE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today only....if you sometimes struggle with one of kap'n krunch's posts....you know when he busts out the Spanish and you are left scratching your head...worry no more...for only $149 you can join in on the fun...but hurry...it's only good for a short while today
I can't help it, it's what happens when you are bilingual; part of your brain is in one language and the other is in another , and they overlap!!!
Sometimes I have to use the dictionary myself...and on top of that I had to learn Catillian Spanish when I moved to Spain!!! (you THINK you know Spanish but if you move to Madrid you have to learn a WHOLE NEW LANGUAGE!!!)

I can't help it, it's what happens when you are bilingual; part of your brain is in one language and the other is in another , and they overlap!!!
Sometimes I have to use the dictionary myself...and on top of that I had to learn Catillian Spanish when I moved to Spain!!! (you THINK you know Spanish but if you move to Madrid you have to learn a WHOLE NEW LANGUAGE!!!)
Brilliance and/or hard work-effort, is evident in this one 🇪🇸 ; I struggle with just one language, never mind dialect :love:

Today only....if you sometimes struggle with one of kap'n krunch's posts....you know when he busts out the Spanish and you are left scratching your head...worry no more...for only $149 you can join in on the fun...but hurry...it's only good for a short while today

That sounds like one of those medication commercials…

If you or someone you know suffers from kap'n krunch, ask your doctor if quadagra might be right for you...

🤣😂

💊💊💊

I think that's a shocking price. I've got a 205 and have just let my mate have my mint 103 for £300 because that's what mates do.

You can still find a USED 103 for about the same price as you charged your mate...if you are patient...usually on a bid listing...but to get a NEW in the box and never opened unit....very rare now...here is activity lately on Ebay for units that have already sold... the one I listed is the ONLY new in the box and never opened unit I could find on Ebay...

If you want to be "shocked"....look at the SOLD 205's recently on Ebay....if you scroll down to the bottom of that list you will find 2 units..THAT DON'T WORK and were sold for parts...one is $2,000...and the other $1989

I was involved in an auction for a new Oppo 103...I'm not really in the market for another Oppo(I have 103D and 203)...but if I happened to get lucky and get it...that would be fine...the other reason is I wanted to see what the new 103 would bring...this would be a good test for that determination as there were 56 watching the auction at the time I entered....so when I entered the winning bid was only $256...so I had pre determined what price I would pay for the unit...$700...so that is what I bid...I did this to eliminate the "tire kickers"...those are the bidders who don't have a realistic chance of buying it at the price point they would spend....since I wanted to know the true value of this "new" unit...I would find out this way....sure enough...the tire kickers didn't bid...so for 5 days I led the bidding...as it didn't move at all for 4 days...so on the last day there was some movement early in the day...it started at $410 and gradually moved up..with 9 minutes to go I was still in the lead at $510..still in the lead at 1 minute 20 seconds....still winning at 52 seconds $571.51....15 seconds and I'm hanging on at $592...could I make it...then it happened...2 snipers...the first sniper at $781.27...the next and winning sniper...$791.27...the winner had never made a bid until he won it at the very end....it was pretty cool to watch:cool:

I'm surprised that the bidding didn't go higher...under $800 for a brand new Oppo 103 at this stage...and there was plenty of attention(over 50 watching) to this auction...does this mean that the panic that ensued over Oppo's departure from the market is over...or did people get their Oppo's earlier or got another brand...or are people willing to buy a used one for much less...I don't know what the answer is...
That's crazy!! So were you relieved that you didn't win? Or upset with the snipers..i would be livid lol

Snipers are dicks, but I always go with a price I can live with. If I don't win an item, there is always somewhere else to spend my money.
It makes for less stress once I realized I can live within these boundaries.

That's my mentality as well. As I get close to the end of the auction, I set my final price of what I'm willing to pay and see what happens.

So really no ever really snipes me, they just paid more than I was willing to pay.

That's crazy!! So were you relieved that you didn't win? Or upset with the snipers..i would be livid lol

Well that was back in June...so fast forward to today and I went from 2 Oppo's ...to 5....I bought 3 more Oppo's...none are new...but lightly used...a 105...103..103D...the 105 was just in case I buy a receiver with analog connections....after watching that auction I shifted my attention to the buy it now listings and bought all 3 that way...I was able to negotiate a better price than list on 2 of the 3....with 5 units I should be able to play music for quite a while...providing we survive this pandemic :unsure:

Back