What's The Deal With These Quad Reels

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwb474

QQ Supporter
I notice a bunch of Quad Reels from this guy. Anybody have any info? Here is the Listing text:

ENOCH THE RAD's "CALLING ALL QUADS" vol.1 #1 Reel To Reel Quadraphonic Tape
INDEPENDENT RELEASE by GotDem Records.
This 7" tape is approximately 40-45 minutes long , recorded at 7.5 ips.
Discrete Quadraphonic music recordings, never before released to the public!
Genre: Hobbyist Amatuer DIY Istrumental Electronic, Rock, Soundscape, and Experimental recorded in 2000's,
Remixed into discrete 4 channel quadraphonic from multi-track digital masters!
Condition - ACCEPTABLE as in DIY UNIQUE OUTSIDER INDIE AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE RECORDING
Includes (1) 7" reel with box.
Requires 4 channel Reel to Reel deck for correct playback. Not compatible with Stereo only players.
Player not included.

Attachments

• Quad Reel.jpg
    Quad Reel.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 272
This is simply a guy who likes to do this differently. Gonzo style home recordings mixed down to Quad and transferred onto second hand reels. It's kinda cute... :D

Genre: Hobbyist Amatuer DIY Istrumental Electronic, Rock, Soundscape, and Experimental recorded in 2000's,
Remixed into discrete 4 channel quadraphonic from multi-track digital masters!
Condition - ACCEPTABLE as in DIY UNIQUE OUTSIDER INDIE AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE RECORDING

He even calls himself an Amatuer! ;)

Now this is cool, IMHO. Better than those blokes who try and pass off stuff like DSOTM with the photoshopped box art claiming "You're only bidding on the blank tape" - yeah, right.

I'm that guy "Enoch the Rad". Yes I'm into converting my multi-track recordings into quad tapes. I want to work up to surround sound dvd etc., just don't have the knowledge on how to author that kind of audio yet. I have the software (Acid Pro 7) and content, just haven't done that first one yet, which is always the most frustrating undertaking. Right now I'm perfecting my quad tape products and invite any constructive criticism or content reviews. I'm honored to get noticed in this forum. I've posted my interest in doing this a while back, finally got around to it. I've been selling all around the world this month. I'm looking for more people to partner with on these tapes as far as content. If you know anybody interested please put us together. There's got to be tons of amateur 4 track cassette, digital multi-track, reels, etc. out there in the hands of musicians, just going by my own personal collection, and all those multi-track recorders sold since day 1. I'm into it and I like hearing other people's original(and cover) music. Started with a Sears/GE quad 8track player back in the early 70s. Right now I'm working with a laptop, Korg D888, and the Akai GX 280D SS reel to reel deck. It's everything as described in the ebay listing, and yes I'm re-using tapes and making enough money out there to keep going at it for now. Check out my David Andrew tape, that's my first independent contributor. Great original American garage rock singer/songwriter from Chicago area!

I'm that guy "Enoch the Rad". Yes I'm into converting my multi-track recordings into quad tapes. I want to work up to surround sound dvd etc., just don't have the knowledge on how to author that kind of audio yet. I have the software (Acid Pro 7) and content, just haven't done that first one yet, which is always the most frustrating undertaking. Right now I'm perfecting my quad tape products and invite any constructive criticism or content reviews. I'm honored to get noticed in this forum. I've posted my interest in doing this a while back, finally got around to it. I've been selling all around the world this month. I'm looking for more people to partner with on these tapes as far as content. If you know anybody interested please put us together. There's got to be tons of amateur 4 track cassette, digital multi-track, reels, etc. out there in the hands of musicians, just going by my own personal collection, and all those multi-track recorders sold since day 1. I'm into it and I like hearing other people's original(and cover) music. Started with a Sears/GE quad 8track player back in the early 70s. Right now I'm working with a laptop, Korg D888, and the Akai GX 280D SS reel to reel deck. It's everything as described in the ebay listing, and yes I'm re-using tapes and making enough money out there to keep going at it for now. Check out my David Andrew tape, that's my first independent contributor. Great original American garage rock singer/songwriter from Chicago area!

Welcome to the forum, and feel free to promote your stuff here as you like. That's why we're here! :)

I have seen these things pop up in my EBay searches. A lot. My question though is, even if they are legal and “on the level” how big of a marketplace could there possibly be for mixtapes on the 4 channel reel format? You would think that any interest would be from people younger than 40 at the most. And then how many people under 40 have ever used a reel to reel deck, or have even seen one? Then they would need a multi-channel receiver also. Am I missing something here??

I'm selling about 2 to 5 tapes a week, discrete quad and quad upmixes.

Most people are playing digital product, but if you had a quad deck, you could get by with a cheap set of used 5.1 powered speakers.

Hello there.

Recently, I got the QUAD INSANITY reel tape from you and I though that amazing. I would like to know more about your work and ideas. Do you have facebook, Instagram, youtube channel or website with some information about?

Best,
Andre

Back