What's the latest Box Set (CD with DVD and/or BluRay or any variation thereof)?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
(as usual, if any mod thinks this is not necessary, please delete or move)

Since now there are box sets that include CDs, DVDs. BDs, LPs, etc. I thought it would be a good thing to have this thread...

I'll start..

KING CRIMSON

THRAK Boxset

haven't even broken into it yet!!!!!!

Don't know if it qualifies as a box set (it does include 3 CDs and a BD), but, here it goes:

King Crimson

"Radical Action to unseat the hold of Monkey Mind"

large6198.jpg

Outtathisworld!!!!

Well, I got a Christmas present..a REAL present...
I ordered Rush's Hemispheres Box Set and what I think was a glitch in the seller's system made it look like it was not delivered when it had been delivered and the seller refunded me the money!!!
OK, so the MCH mix SUCKS but, hey.. it was FREE!!!
Merry Xmas to ME!!!

I recently snagged a copy of Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger box. It's always been my favourite LP of theirs, and I'm glad it received surround treatment, albeit only within a massive box set. At least the battery-operated spinning cyclone motif is cooler than ... marbles. :ROFLMAO: I have one significant regret about this box, though, and it's the omission of the Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas EP in 5.1. I'd've really enjoyed hearing that. Oh well, it's a solid release as-is. :)

Shipped on Nov 11th, got here on Tuesday!..that's a FOUR month transit.. from GERMANY!!!!
I had even asked very nicely for a refund (bless Paypal and good folks!), but I told the seller that , IF I got the package, I'd pay him...and whaddayaknow??? IT GOT here!...so I paid him!!!!!
It's the right thing to do, and besides, good Karma.... ;)
yeah, I'm a nice person, in spite of what a few members might think of me...(I guess Freud used to call that "PROJECTION", but that's another different thread...
Yes, I am a High priest of the Church of the Goddess from County Donegal...hey, even my wife knows!!!

R-7832914-1449758816-5292.jpeg.jpg

Finally got my mitts on Goldfrapp's box set of Tales Of Us. The prize? The DVD with the 5.1 album mix buried deep in the box. It's stupendously good and so rare no one has even bothered to make a hi-rez multichannel poll for this. Ordered it first via Discogs from a seller in Turkey in September last year and it never arrived. Finally gave up and ordered it again from another Turkish seller in February. This time it arrived - came last week. Definitely worth the extremely long wait. A brilliant album suddenly gets a lovely wide soundstage and with a much improved dynamic range. It's positively cinematic.
R-5202690-1455578791-9847.jpeg.jpg

What fabulous sound quality on the 7.1 mix. The four songs from Plastic One Band will suffice for me in lieu of forking out another $100 for that box.
View attachment 66578
I am really happy other members enjoy this release.
It is very interesting how wide the margin of appreciation is; mainly because I totally disagree with its quality as a Surround mix; same as with the latest Lennon offering.
I say this because I had followed many a recommendation on this website only to find that, for me, it was not worth it. I also have found the opposite, horrible reviews for discs that in the end are NOT that bad-they are not great- but they are fine with me.
I might start changing my votes for the Beatles releases cause one thing is to get them in MCH but another thing is for the mix to be up to standards regarding MCH mixes.

woo hoo!!!
Mi0yODQwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Hold the phone.
No blu ray or DVD included, per thread title, or did I miss something?

Assuming this is the four-CD box, a great score!
In Glorious Monophonic, as I recall. Enjoy!

When this was released in '91, a collector buddy at work loaned it to me to take home over a weekend.

Set up one of my first multi-speaker multi-amp experiment to simulate the live show.
100-watt tube guitar amp with 12" speaker between my mains and a 18" folded-horn bass amp with the treble and mids dialed to zero as a sub.
Tapped off the line outs of the receiver.

Appropriately mood-enhanced with good herb and beer, cranking at concert volume, by the time San Diego '69 rolled to Spanish Castle Magic, I achieved the mystical "Experience" to affirm "Well... I Have!!!"

Sadly, the box was expensive.
Thought I'd have time to add it to the collection later without realizing it was a limited edition, so missed my chance.

Last edited:
Back