What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure, Puppo, which album you're asking about, so I'll talk about both.

The Nilsson album is unreleased material of his recently discovered and Produced by Mark Hudson. All Music review: https://www.allmusic.com/album/losst-and-founnd-mw0003315499

I plan to purchase the Nilsson, being a Nilsson completist. I can't comment on either the recording quality, nor the songs themselves. Hoping it will be released on SACD.

George Russell is a European re-release of a 1961 album. This group featured Don Ellis prior to Ellis' small groups, and later his big band. Recommended.

Just noticed that the 'new' Harry Nilsson white vinyl LP is being released by Omnivore Records. Wonder who currently controls his back catalogue [SONY/RCA????]. Hopefully, Dutton Vocalion will release the HN QUADS and maybe Nilsson Sings Newman [Stereo only].

https://www.insidehook.com/article/music/how-losst-and-founnd-harry-nilsson-was-made

Last edited:
1st press US vinyl. Due to the nature of the music It's very difficult to find in NM condition.
MVIMG_20200109_152545.jpg

How's the super duper Yes Fragile vinyl?
Very very nice, if you do a good mold release cleaning first it is 100% dead quite , but they still are not packed right in the box, both lp's have made a slight split in the tops of the jackets
from rough shipping which is a bummer on a pricey album. Aside from the high grade vinyl I'll need to do a shot out one night against this one and a mint domestic original and
my Japan pressing. We post result when I have time to compare all 3 versions

And, that particular title is hard to find with killer fidelity. Maybe it doesn't exist? Most versions I have just sound "shrill" to my ears. Sabbath is my number 1 favorite band. Hands down....
Still havent decided to leave it sealed or crack it open, would be a bummer to open it and find it's not a good sounding pressing

Last edited:
Pick this one up too, although it does not indicate it on the jacket or label the original Canadian copy is a half speed master pressing, sound very good
and an interesting listen.

klaatu.jpg

The Who: WHO. Good songs. Roger Daltrey uses his current voice well. Somewhat spoilt by the mastering which has had a bad effect on the DR. A shame as it could have sounded much better if it were more dynamic.

Back