What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No OBI but it's freaking pristine (sixteen!)...also, it's translucent vinyl...love Japanese pressings!!!
Here is the pressing in Discogs..
Never understood the weird drum sound here..at least I met Vinnie in 2008 after seeing him in concert with Rick Derringer in Madrid (to a half empty club)
and he was a CLASS act!!!

R-3550402-1334920953.jpeg.jpg

Who is singing? Dio? And what you mean about weird drums?

The Mike & Micky Show Live.jpg

Nice selection of hits and deep cuts. Some songs are reworked so it doesn't sound like you're just listening to a "Greatest Hits" compilation. A few songs are also presented as an "acoustic" set. The band does a great job and I really like the bass player. The band includes Micky's sister Coco on backing vocals and percussion, and Mike's son Christian (who also mixed the album) on guitar and backing vocals. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Given my mono white box has been feeling lonely (isolation related) and is somewhat of a snob to the Digital black box, I had to find him a AAA companion, so now they are a AAA
mono, stereo set. :LB got stereo from original owner who didn't even own a record player and it was still in the original shipping box :SB

Attachments

• thecollection.jpg
    thecollection.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 180
  • thecollection2.jpg
    thecollection2.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 171
  • thecollection3.jpg
    thecollection3.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 178
Given my mono white box has been feeling lonely (isolation related) and is somewhat of a snob to the Digital black box, I had to find him a AAA companion, so now they are a AAA
mono, stereo set. :LB got stereo from original owner who didn't even own a record player and it was still in the original shipping box :SB
Beautiful ❤️

The Best of the Rest - Phil Ochs CD Seventeen Warner/Chappel Demos from '64 & '65 & three unreleased bonus tracks. Proudced by Michael Ochs

Phil Ochs' archives now at Woody Guthrie Center, Tulsa, OK.

20ish years ago, I was at a Phil Ochs Tribute Concert at the Bottom Line, NYC. Sat next to Sonny Ochs, Phil's Sister. I had just come from a literary dinner at National Arts Club. Top shelf liquor and I was feeling no pain. Had to skip another literary meeting at the Algonquin Hotel, but the tribute concert was so well worth it.

https://medium.com/the-culture-corn...es-to-a-legacy-worth-remembering-a7ccc5432d80

Last edited:
Reissue box set of Prince's One Night Alone and associated live titles. Man, his live shows were off the charts.
Awesome, I've got the original One Night Alone box set and love it; the resale prices on that eventually got insane. I'm just super bummed that there's no quality surround titles for Prince's music. Maybe the new Tidal Atmos tracks, so yeah, they could do them if they really wanted to 🤬

Found this one the other day, Marianne Faithfull Ltd numbered RTI pressing at 45 rpm Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes
Cool to hear her doing "as tears go by" so many years later

strange weather.jpg

Back