What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earth, Wind & Fire - Japanese Singles Collection 2 CD/DVD
Kenny Loggins - Japanese Singles Collection CD/DVD
Bought these for the DVD's both w/tracks previously unavalable on DVD

Bob Dylan - Japanese Singles Collection 2 CD

I am doing something I have never done before..I am collecting the "best" pressings of this LP.
I already have the Japanese pressing, which I think might be the clincher but since it is a relatively inexpensive album I went for the British pressing with the gatefold sleeve; BTW, the prettiest label of all...

R-5749670-1401614384-8395.jpeg.jpg

....all of this on DIscogs...I also wanted the Dutch pressing to compare (although I see that it shares the same mastering as the UK one; Townhouse pressing)
R-416649-1483703017-7189.jpeg.jpg

but, unfortunately, the seller did not know how to post the correct pressing and I got a USA pressing instead -which I already got!...thankfully I got a full refund...

R-11807976-1523387529-6773.jpeg.jpg

Bissonette, Vai and Sheehan ... that was a powerful backing band. I bet the show was high energy.
HELL YEAH!!!! it was non-stop action...definitely the best I ever saw DLR..I had seen Vai a couple of years earlier in San Juan, PR with Alcatrazz (opening for Kerry Livgren's Christian band , A.D. who also played some Kansas)...hell we all miss concerts now but those gigs from a few decades ago had a vibe that you can't find now...

You can still get the vibe, but usually only at small venues. I saw The Dear Hunter / The Family Crest not too long ago and that was as much fun as I have had at a show in a long time. I am a huge fan of live The Dear Hunter after the show
  • their sound man walking the room with his ipad the whole time tweaking the sound for the venue
  • Casey declaring that they don't do encores, they will play X number of songs, take a short break then come out and hang with everyone. I love that, encores are silly.
  • Casey stopping a song to ask a gentleman in the audience what it would take to get him to shut the fuck up.

Found a sealed copy of Jennifer Warnes The well
Limited edition of 6000 numbered copies
Brass plate on front of box 'Limited Edition- number'

Three 180-gram, 45-RPM discs with the entire original release, plus three exclusive bonus tracks, "La Luna Brilla," "Fool For The Look (In Your Eyes)" and "Born In Time".

All-tube mastering by Bernie Grundman specifically for 45-RPM release. Custom wood box with updated art and individually numbered plaques. Includes 12-page, large format booklet with notes, complete lyrics and new insights from Jennifer Warnes. Includes special pearlescent stock insert with illuminating article by Brad Buccholz. Personally supervised by Jennifer Warnes.

Very nicely done package and smooth as silk sound :phones🥃

JWarnes.jpg

Well not sure if this counts....but its a box set that contains nearly EVERYTHING you could want in almost EVERY available format......RUSH ..... "A Farewell To Kings" 40th Anniversary Box Set!!!! Got a major deal on it sealed for under $120 delivered!! :love:

Euro-American Years - Randy California UK 6 CD I already bought a 3 CD version
Two Sides of a Rainbow (Live at the Rainbow 1978) - Randy California UK 2 CD
In Chicago/Stretching Out - Ramsey Lewis Trio EU CD
The Louis Jordan Fifties Collection 1951-58 - Louis Jordan UK 2 CD
Little Bit of Rain - Fred Neil CD includes 2 ch & mono mixes of 1965 album
Say Something - David Clayton-Thomas Canada CD
Moonlight, Mistletoe & You - Keb' Mo CD
Live at the Baked Potato - Soft Machine CD

Back