What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
California Soul - Tamba 4 A&M/CTI LP LTD to 1500 copies
unreleased album from Brazilian jazz group

plus several CD's:
John Coltrane Mono 6 CD Atlantic

Complete Aristocrat & Chess Singles 1947-1962 A&B - Muddy Waters UK 4 CD

Original Singles A&B 1965-1971 - Byrds Japan 2 CD

Romance in the Dark - Lil Green UK CD
Big Bill Broonzy on guitar 🎸

In the Key of Joy - Sergio Mendes 2 CD expanded Japan only bonus tracks

Last edited:
Something just hit me... I do more searching, buying and recording of of music than I do listening. So a belatted new years resolution is going to be do more LISTENING! So yesterday I started with a mixtape of Enya then came the following... Knopfler-Emmylou duets disc, Bee Gees living eyes and high civilization albums and ended with Mellencamps plain spoken and sad clowns. Now thats a lot of time for me to just sit still. btw, is Mellencamps "troubled man" one of the best songs you've ever heard or what.

Jewel Box - Elton John 8 CD
Hot 🔥 Rats 🐀 sessions - Zappa 6 CD
🐐 Goat's Head Soup - Rolling Stones 3CD/BD

Took 5 weeks to get here from UDiscover. Two weeks ago, we notified them that we hadn't received these 3. Several weeks ago, we received one package with a box set and a couple CD'S.

Universal told us that they would refund the money for what we did not get. No reason for the short shipment was given. We told them to replace it. It took over a week for them to reship it. Two weeks to receive the replacement.

Our first order from UDISCOVER. We won't be in a hurry to use them again.

I am still shaking my head and smiling..

SOOOOoooooooo..
Bought a nice japanese pressing of Boston S/T from Japan and I just received it today... I was SOOOO psyched...I open it and , YES, it's a Boston LP, BUT...it's "Don´t Look Back" (!!!), yes , a nice japanese pressing (albeit in G+ condition)..just asked the seller what they wanna do about it....
it's THIS pressing WITH the obi, too!!!
R-2621952-1319930771.jpeg.jpg
Today I finally got the 1st LP and may I say that it's a doozy...
Looks NM+, barely a couple of spindle hole marks...japanese folk really know how to take care of their LPs cause this is probably a 1st pressing and it looks new...
It's missing the insert but it has the beautiful obi strip.
Sure do hope that it does not suffer from the modulation noise the DLB LP pressing has.
Can't wait to spin it.

R-2257660-1344596190-5750.jpeg.jpg
R-2257660-1344596196-7569.jpeg.jpg

The Barry Gibb's BeeGees songs (self)'covers' album has had excellent reviews over here, whats it like?
Listened to Barry Gibb today. Both my husband and I thought it was OK. Perhaps a bit too much delay/echo.

Gibb's voice is not what it was. The guests and engineering tricks cover that nicely.

Terrific songs and some good performances. Keith Urban gets things rolling with I Gotta Get a Message to You.

Nice arrangements. Lots of strings.

The Target CD has two bonus tracks. Both are Barry solo.

If you like BeeGees, you'll like this.

About what I expected. Not bad, not spectacular. C+ or B-

Some Color vinyls I picked up in last few weeks

Metallica - Metallica (Walmart exclusive 'Some Blacker Marble')
Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards (White)
The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa) - Burnt Weeny Sandwich (Silver Marbled)
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats (Hot Pink)

Colored-LPs.jpg

Last edited:
In a Boston vein, although not on purpose....thrift shop finds.. no insert on this one though...
R-13949670-1564764574-3250.jpeg.jpg

some great 70s hits and a great group which I have never had any music from...I used to plat "How much I feel" a LOT when I was a DJ in WRPC 95.1 FM in PR...
R-5155481-1532864350-3331.jpeg.jpg

and a pretty beat up copy of... cause Capucune was on this film and , man, the Pink Panther IS a classic!!!
R-11057225-1509050337-5890.jpeg.jpg

In a Boston vein, although not on purpose....thrift shop finds.. no insert on this one though...
R-13949670-1564764574-3250.jpeg.jpg

some great 70s hits and a great group which I have never had any music from...I used to plat "How much I feel" a LOT when I was a DJ in WRPC 95.1 FM in PR...
R-5155481-1532864350-3331.jpeg.jpg

and a pretty beat up copy of... cause Capucune was on this film and , man, the Pink Panther IS a classic!!!
R-11057225-1509050337-5890.jpeg.jpg

How in the hell did I not know about that solo album by Barry?? Listened to a few songs on youtube. Wow! Brad Delp too...and Sib....... so, found a copy on discogs.

How in the hell did I not know about that solo album by Barry?? Listened to a few songs on youtube. Wow! Brad Delp too...and Sib....... so, found a copy on discogs.
It's not BAD LP, but of course it's nowhere near as good as a Boston records (hmmmm, maybe Third Stage???)..now on to finding "Orion the Hunter"

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
She's only 17 years old, but I found both the sonics and the writing most intriguing. Don't know if I'll like it a month from now, but it's got me hooked for now and I can't really explain why. :oops:
So, I see this post from Mike from quite a while back. 1) curious how you still feel about this album and 2) curious how you are listening to it. CD? LP? I was thinking about getting the vinyl, but I'm guessing this album was done all digitally...vinyl might not be the best way to listen.

So, I see this post from Mike from quite a while back. 1) curious how you still feel about this album and 2) curious how you are listening to it. CD? LP? I was thinking about getting the vinyl, but I'm guessing this album was done all digitally...vinyl might not be the best way to listen.
I still do like this album, although to be honest, I haven't listened in a while. Too much great surround material and not enough time. I purchased the CD. I don't even have a turntable anymore.
BTW, I like her new song for The Bond flic "No Time To Die". Listening to that on Tidal Streaming.

Back