What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty Reckless - Death by Rock and Roll. There’s a lot to like here. Dare you to name better track fades than this album. Middle of the road Rock ‘n Roll? Sure. Better modern execution? I don’t think so. 🙂. Discuss

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

2020 Apex Resolution Mastering, 24K Gold CD pressed in Japan, from Hong Kong Universal Music

My 18th version of this album on optical disc....I know, it's a sickness.

51056224831_4e2624e6b2_w.jpg

My DJM label pressing of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road looks black, but when you hold it up to the light it looks RED!

When my Technics SL-10 parallel tracker was working :( it had LEDs which shone through the platter, and the tone arm detected the size of the disc, dropping in the right place. It obviously didn't like Styx's "Pieces Of Eight" clear vinyl, mind you a gold disc would have made more sense! The number of discs that wouldn't play until I'd switched to manual was quite high, the first one which I remember catching me out was Sky which looked Black until the LED shone through it. It looked Red/Crimson when held up to the light.

Latin in the Horn & Hirt Plays Burt Kaempfert CD

Latin Village & Versatile Martin Denny CD

British Rock & Roll at Decca 1957-63 CD

On the Move & French Collection - Rogier van Otterloo CD

Could only Imagine Martin Denny's unique musical stylings in 5.1 surround .... especially Quiet Village! Kitschy, Kitschy, and as Snood puts it KOO!

See the source image

Last edited:
Beautiful album collection that I have just picked up on impulse. I only knew some of his solo work from this period, such as Aqua, and Stuntman. It stands up well alongside the TD material of the time.

1619092358496.png

Beautiful album collection that I have just picked up on impulse. I only knew some of his solo work from this period, such as Aqua, and Stuntman. It stands up well alongside the TD material of the time.

View attachment 66328
Aqua is a binaural mix, ok through headphones, but sounds good in surround when put through the SM2 Involve Quad mode.

Back