What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60 Years ago TODAY. Judy Garland's historic Carnegie Hall Concert now available as 2 SHM~CDs...the COMPLETE Concert!

8141rB5AoQL._SL1494_.jpg
71sGdD8aMgL._SL1184_.jpg

Last edited:
Life Rolls On - Florida Georgia Line CD

Dirty Honey 🍯 CD
The last concert we attended was Feb '20 to see/hear these guys at Turner Hall in Milwaukee. Met them, too.

Had pre-sale for a couple dozen more shows in '20 that never happened. Ouch!

A couple from my Dad's collection...
3 CD set...(one disc has 2 concentric scratches :=P , tracks 1, 6 and 7 are dodgy)
R-2597842-1479901139-9408.jpeg.jpg

A Xmas Banco Popular de Puerto Rico special with all kinds of Caribbean artists and dedicated to Bobby Capó...The booklet had water damage but the discs are fine...no entry in Discogs for the CD, only for the cassette version...
front.jpg

and one that would be AWESOME in MCH (let's start a chain prayer to "St. Neil Wilkes" so they let him do this and ALL of the Cocteaus)...
The japanese seller gave me a heart attack the way that he shipped it (the LP in an LP mailer box with NOTHING ELSE!...the LP was also INSIDE the jacket which caused a crease!!!!!) and he also did NOT understand when I asked him if the vinyl was traslucent so he said "yeah!"...and I was VERY pissed off when I found out it wasn´t -that was the MAIN reason I go that pressing...
I don't like to send those emails but I do it as politely as possible...oh, well...
R-3609576-1551735511-6150.jpeg.jpg

Kap, I'm listening to Louis Armstrong in Pasadena CD as I type this. GNP 11001. One of the good old good 👍 ones, as Satchel 👄 mouth would say!

Visited his home in Corona Queens, NY. Marantz separates. Kitchen appliances and cabinets all the same turquoise as his Cadillac. Paint courtesy of General Motors. You ask for some paint and see what they say. Ah, but neither you nor I are Satchmo.

Last edited:
Happened to drive by a thrift store which apparently is not very popular and came out with the following PLUS a minty DVD copy of "To Wong Foo and thanks for everything, Julie Newmar"...all for 5 bucks...

...if only because their ONLY hit, just wanted to check out the rest of their album...saw that the LP version is absurdly expensive.. I hope I don't like it THAT much!!!!
R-4717342-1565233581-9392.jpeg.jpg

and then , the Classical LPs from back in the day that I am positive were from the same person's collection AND bought originally at the same store because they all share the same kind of price sticker ($2.30 was a LOT back in the day!!, the Giulini is $2.70!!! and , yes , all three are still in their shrink..gasp!).. they were all in great condition; hence me getting them...

- I think this is from 1962
R-6205444-1413686412-2166.jpeg.jpg

- this one is from 1966 and very minty!!!
R-4527054-1367413051-4654.jpeg.jpg

-and this baby is originally from 1958 and it states in the back that it should ONLY BE PLAYED BY A STEREO STYLUS!!!!...even mintier too.. could only find the later blue/green Angel Records label , so I am guessing it's an early/mid 60s repressing...
R-6516377-1424632852-2155.jpeg.jpg

R-12217720-1530720389-3048.jpeg.jpg

On a 90s Madrid mood....a friend of mine sent me a few souvenirs from back then...
the first one was one of the first things I was a recording engineer on in Madrid, in early 1991 in the Antón Martín plaza because we were using the Kirios mobile truck and the recording venue was none other than the Teatro Monumental...this is a VERY elusive CD which probably less than 2000 were made cause I have been looking for YEARS for this... I learned that Zarzuela is a wonderful genre (it happens to be Plácido Domingo's favorite genre to sing), basically operettas in Spanish...
R-14785629-1588746526-5230.jpeg.jpg

Now then to one of my first concerts ...Kirios (the recording studio I was working at) actually co sponsored a series of concerts in what was the Pabellón del Real Madrid (where Madrid's "Manhattan" is now located), Cómplices opened for Presuntos Implicados...
I had this on CD and it has a beautiful song "Es por ti" which is a modern classic (RED ALERT earworm warning!)..and now I have it on (kinda battered) LP
R-2796347-1582045083-1657.jpeg.jpg

And , on we move to Presuntos Implicados, which is a VERY relaxed group in the studio but , alas, on a live setting they go into hyper drive funky mode thanks to their monster bass player, Nacho....
I also had this on CD and now on a nice LP---a very worthy mention regarding Sole, their original singer who is another monster...
R-2093884-1483212974-5047.jpeg.jpg

their following album was a huge hit and I remember Radio 3 (RTVE) pummeling me with "Como hemos cambiado"around 1993...(ANOTHER RED ALERT earworm alert!)..never had this on CD , but now I have it on LP...
R-2537500-1291885942.jpeg.jpg

Una de patatas bravas (¡oído cocinaaa!) y un tubo de Mahou y ¡Salud! ¡Viva España y viva Madrid! ...(pero que no viva tan lejosss)

And another super nice clean UK original pressing of IF "Tea-break over-Back on your 'eads" on the "Gull" label which that label is a first for me.

if.jpg

if-1.jpg

Back