What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my, I am in ripping hell right now.
6 random MQA discs.
Quuensryche: Empire and Mind Crimes SHM CD Box Sets
George Harrison SHM and Blu Ray Box Set
Eric Clapton SHM CD Box Set
Pink Floyd SHM CD and Blu Ray new set

Discs are everywhere, slow and steady.
I hate it when every once inawile the tags are in Japanese, more work.

Finally released after a delay, the Ten Years After 1967-1974 Box, 10 CDs for £35, and I only had 4 already.

I never saw Ten Years After but I did see the contractually name changed Ten Years Before, circa 1975-76, which bore a striking resemblance to Ten Years After for some inexplicable reason!

TenYearsAfter_1967-1974_Box.jpg

I think so. "What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2" and these are all LPs. 🤷‍♂️

-- edit. Oops. I guess not, since they are quad. Sorry! 🥺
no worries, I just always thought this thread title inferred stereo stuff IDK
*we'll need to deduct one pop-cycle from you on these hot smoky days ... ahhhhh !!! :)
-don't mind me anyways, do your thing man -you're a gem here in my opinion :QQlove

I have bought all but Cap Ferat (disc 10). This box is ESSENTIAL. If you've never heard TYA (s/t), you're in for a treat. Undead, Watt & Stonedhenge are killers. Sssh & Cricklewood I own on MoFi Gold, both stellar albums. Positive Vibrations never particularly enthralled me other than "It's Getting Harder," which is one of my fave TYA tracks. I popped for it as a new release LP and a UK CD.

I haven't bought this box, but will IF the four you already own sound better on these masters. Would love to hear a/b comparisons from Duncan. What's disc 10 like?

I bought Space on Q8, SQ, US Columbia/Chrysalis CD & LP/DVD-V (Mewtilated). Most of my Space listening has been in Quad.

If you're at all a surround and or TYA fan, you ain't never heard Space until you've heard the Quad mix. Of over 1000 Quad/surround albums, I own, Space would be near the top musically AND mix-wise. YOU NEED IT!

Happy listening...

Finally released after a delay, the Ten Years After 1967-1974 Box, 10 CDs for £35, and I only had 4 already.

I never saw Ten Years After but I did see the contractually name changed Ten Years Before, circa 1975-76, which bore a striking resemblance to Ten Years After for some inexplicable reason!

View attachment 70603

I'll try and give them a listen tomorrow, today they decided to replace the Pole carrying Power to myself and the neighbours either side, so turned off the power at 10am and it came back on around 4pm! I'd taken the day off (and tomorrow) so it wasn't appreciated! The TYA I already have are,

1630604357385.png

I have bought all but Cap Ferat (disc 10). This box is ESSENTIAL. If you've never heard TYA (s/t), you're in for a treat. Undead, Watt & Stonedhenge are killers. Sssh & Cricklewood I own on MoFi Gold, both stellar albums. Positive Vibrations never particularly enthralled me other than "It's Getting Harder," which is one of my fave TYA tracks. I popped for it as a new release LP and a UK CD.

I haven't bought this box, but will IF the four you already own sound better on these masters. Would love to hear a/b comparisons from Duncan. What's disc 10 like?

I bought Space on Q8, SQ, US Columbia/Chrysalis CD & LP/DVD-V (Mewtilated). Most of my Space listening has been in Quad.

If you're at all a surround and or TYA fan, you ain't never heard Space until you've heard the Quad mix. Of over 1000 Quad/surround albums, I own, Space would be near the top musically AND mix-wise. YOU NEED IT!

Happy listening...
I managed to listen to Stonehenge from the box and my 2002 remastered CD, they sound identical. The difference is that there are no bonus tracks on the CD in the box set, where as the 2002 ReM has 4 extra. The curious thing is the box set does not include 1973's "Recorded Live", but does have the Cap Ferrat Sessions which were songs which never made it onto 1972 album "Rock & Roll Music To The World" (the 5 tracks were remixed in 2017 by the original engineer Chris Kimsey). The booklet with the set is great, very informative.

Japanese Singles Collection - Chicago Japan 2 CD/DVD
41 tracks on CD. 17 videos on DVD, 4 on DVD are live tracks from US Tour, Feb-May 2019. Videos are from Chicago 16 onward.

CD's begin w/CTA singles, and include Question 67 & 68 and Lowdown in Japanese, though NOT the live versions in Japanese on Live in Japan ('72) 2 LP (or CD) red sand cover. Q67 & 68 is also on CD here in English.

DVD is playable w/o converting from another region. We did need to convert EWF & Kenny Loggins Japanese Singles earlier this year. Boz Scaggs' Japanese Singles also played fine.

Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd Japan CD/BD Moo!

I ordered 2021, remastered 180G vinyl of Metallica's Black Album. Says it might show up today. Be interesting to see what they've done with it. :)

Metallica made a rare appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night and were hysterical. They each read one star reviews which Amazon customers had posted regarding their BLACK ALBUM upon release and played a nice set. I even DVRed it!

See the source image

OUR BLACK ALBUM DID NOT SUCK, SUCK SUCK AMAZON CUSTOMERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Metallica made a rare appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night and were hysterical. They each read one star reviews which Amazon customers had posted regarding their BLACK ALBUM upon release and played a nice set. I even DVRed it!

See the source image

OUR BLACK ALBUM DID NOT SUCK, SUCK SUCK AMAZON CUSTOMERS!

It's funny how Hetfield was just a scrawny kid when Metallica first got together...now he's pretty beefed up.

This cover reminds me of Monty Python, where a hand usually pinches the nipples!

R-8283137-1533194259-2494.jpeg.jpg

The guy had TWO of these, both looked good but one is in shrink and in better condition.. looks like this "Sine Qua Non" label was pretty exclusive and rare... this one was mastered in BellSound (as were most of them)...each one has a different deadwax number

R-11007265-1522108872-2939.jpeg.jpg

Another "Allegro/Vox" one, not sure if it's Mono or Stereo, we shall see...
R-6235230-1414965986-5898.jpeg.jpg

A Reprise records release of a French recording, mastered by Bob Ludwig!
R-3578466-1611713712-4690.jpeg.jpg

A VANGUARD record which looks NM+!!!
R-6891113-1428872506-3399.jpeg.jpg

Now THIS One is interesting since they state in the back that it's remixed using DOLBY... would it be NR (I am guessing it is!) OR Dolby Stereo (Surround)?? we shall see... it also still has the shrink with a Mushroom Records sticker for $4.99 and priced in December 1983
R-6063663-1594843206-2878.jpeg.jpg

Another "Allegro/Vox/Fontana(NL)" one from the.. late 50s! with a nice Boticelli cover...
R-9697761-1607225517-5728.jpeg.jpg

And one of the most interesting ones is spoiled by scratches which hopefully will not damage my stylus!
R-7723601-1447463084-2329.jpeg.jpg

Also got a Peter and the Wolf RCA one with Lorne Greene narration but this one was REALLY BADLY scratched so I might use it as a wall clock!

Keep bumping into these old LPs and.. 10"s(!!!) I find that the best thing to get rid of GREASY FINGERPRINTS is Kimwipes with 70% alcohol right on the slab where the prints are...wipe both ways but favor the way that the stylus goes... and it will be gone... mind you, poor little slab is probably aching but so does my skin when I rub it with this....

Awesome stuff!!! Oh those Mosrite guitars!!!..and the (few years after this photoshoot) Playboy playmate!!! yes.. back when women had CURVES!!!!!!
R-802422-1315771239.jpeg.jpg

an RCA Club twofer with slabs that look unplayed which I am looking forward to...
R-10183018-1493005139-8402.jpeg.jpg

and the only 10" I have now in my collection... looks unplayed!!! ... a RELIC from the 50's with the "rice paper" sleeve included
R-4853935-1442229730-7343.jpeg.jpg

Back