What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gil Scott~Heron The Revolution Will Not Be Televised! [RCA/Bluebird] A NOD to Scott~Heron's induction into this year's Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame. Includes "Whitey on the Moon"

81N3LhdayeL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The Taylors: Salvation's Song

I am experimenting to determine how the immersive surround effect on this album was done. The effect happens in Pro-Logic II.

Tangerine Dream Le Parc [2012 Esoteric Records remaster]

Digitally remastered and expanded edition of the 1985 album from the German Electronic pioneers. Edgar Froese, Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling recorded this inspiring work in Vienna, Berlin and London, utilizing the services of guest vocalists Clare Torry on 'Yellowstone Park' and Katja Brauneis on 'Zen Garden'. The album's title track, subtitled "L.A. - Streethawk", was a reworking of Tangerine Dream's theme to the US TV series Streethawk. This edition includes a bonus track of the rare 12-inch radio mix of "Le Parc (L.A. - Streethawk)", never before released on CD. The reissue fully restores the original album artwork and includes a lavishly illustrated booklet with new essay.

Le Parc

John Mayer - Sob Rock love "The Nice Price" sticker

51739372988_68dbbb99b8.jpg

Dan Hartman - New Green Clear Blue originally released in the US on the Private Music label, this was a "new age" album that showed Dan was more than just a pop/rock/r&b artist.

51739373003_655247b313.jpg

Soundboy, LOVED RCA's audiophile Private Music Label. We used to use them for audio demonstrations. The original CDs sounded pretty spectacular in their day and I'm sure they're now scarce as hens' teeth. Still have a few dozen of the original pressings.

Tangerine Dream Le Parc [2012 Esoteric Records remaster]

Digitally remastered and expanded edition of the 1985 album from the German Electronic pioneers. Edgar Froese, Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling recorded this inspiring work in Vienna, Berlin and London, utilizing the services of guest vocalists Clare Torry on 'Yellowstone Park' and Katja Brauneis on 'Zen Garden'. The album's title track, subtitled "L.A. - Streethawk", was a reworking of Tangerine Dream's theme to the US TV series Streethawk. This edition includes a bonus track of the rare 12-inch radio mix of "Le Parc (L.A. - Streethawk)", never before released on CD. The reissue fully restores the original album artwork and includes a lavishly illustrated booklet with new essay.

Le Parc
where did you get this? This and Underwater Sunlight are my fave (although it is a whole new TD we are talking about here.. I saw them in Philly in 1985)---I have the original CD and the (very noisy) LP...

where did you get this? This and Underwater Sunlight are my fave (although it is a whole new TD we are talking about here.. I saw them in Philly in 1985)---I have the original CD and the (very noisy) LP...

From Deep Discount, Kap and IF YOU HURRY you can still take advantage of their 15% off coupon code JOLLY ... expires VERY SOON and if you add another selection you'll also qualify for FREE S/H:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/tangerine-dream-le-parc/5013929752733
Likewise, LOVE TD's UNDERWATER SUNLIGHT!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/tangerine-dream-underwater-sunlight/5013929712034

From Deep Discount, Kap and IF YOU HURRY you can still take advantage of their 15% off coupon code JOLLY ... expires VERY SOON and if you add another selection you'll also qualify for FREE S/H:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/tangerine-dream-le-parc/5013929752733
Likewise, LOVE TD's UNDERWATER SUNLIGHT!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/tangerine-dream-underwater-sunlight/5013929712034

BTW, just Ordered Esoteric's 2011 Remaster of TD's UNDERWATER SUNLIGHT [including BONUS track] with DD's 15% off coupon code JOLLY

Underwater Sunlight [Import]

All are UK CD's. 2nd half of a DV order from spring!!

World of Epoch va classical
Live at Carnegie Hall - Benny Goodman 2 CD
On Stage - Benny Goodman Sextet
Hollywood Musicals - Henry Mancini & Johnny Mathis
Visions of Eight & Just You and Me Together Love - Henry Mancini

Santa brought me Elvis Costello - Spanish Model/This Years Model double LP. Remastered original and Spanish artists singing in Spanish on top of The Attraction’s original instruments with very little tweaking. Interesting and enjoyable. A lot of printed info and heavy 180 gr LPs.

Time Out (mono & 2ch)/Time Further Out/Countdown-Time in Outer Space - Dave Brubeck Quartet UK 2 CD #957 of 3000

Lem Winchester & Ramsey Lewis Trio/Down to Earth/Stretching Out/Ramsey Lewis in Chicago/More Music from the Soil/Never on Sunday/Sound of Spring/Country Meets the Blues - Ramsey Lewis Trio UK 4 CD

Time Out (mono & 2ch)/Time Further Out/Countdown-Time in Outer Space - Dave Brubeck Quartet UK 2 CD #957 of 3000

Lem Winchester & Ramsey Lewis Trio/Down to Earth/Stretching Out/Ramsey Lewis in Chicago/More Music from the Soil/Never on Sunday/Sound of Spring/Country Meets the Blues - Ramsey Lewis Trio UK 4 CD
Quad Linda, recently I've been getting into the work of saxophonist King Curtis; seems some of his stuff is hard to come by these days (some not even released digitally.) I'm considering buying some of it from Qobuz and maybe some older CDs. Any pearls of wisdom you can depart on his stuff?

Thanks, Puppo
(call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner! :p )

Back