• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Paramount Pictures Presents The Godfather Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD-4)
Nice score! I have that one as well - it's a great collectible, but unfortunately the quad mix is strictly ambience. Supposedly there is also a Paramount CD-4 release of the Love Story soundtrack, but I've never even seen a picture of it.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Nice score! I have that one as well - it's a great collectible, but unfortunately the quad mix is strictly ambience. Supposedly there is also a Paramount CD-4 release of the Love Story soundtrack, but I've never even seen a picture of it.
why them JVC baaaaaastids is gonna wind up swimmin’ with da fishes in a concrete overcoat with their pockets full of pebbles and a horses’ head in their bedssss the filthy cockaroaches!!! 🎺🔨🧨🔪💣🚽🚬⚰🧸

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is actually what I was curious about (and wadya know steelydave> contributor):

View attachment 41619
oh right!! :LOL: that's the C&W album with Satchmo singing over it, the Quad comes up on eBay every now and again there's one now a couple of hundred smackers. i'll go for it when i see one come up for 10-20 quid.. so probably never!😝

Circular Vibes

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I have that, don't waste your money. As much as I love Satch, this is a horrible waste of plastic. The separation is good, the musicianship is more than competent, but Satch must have been having a really bad day when he recorded this. I paid no where near the high prices I hear about and still want change back, Buy 4 0r 5 D-V discs instead. Until I heard this, I would have believed that Satch could never make a bad record, BOY was I wrong. If you want a good Satch does country, get the Columbia release of him and Johnny Cash from private tapes.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Looks PRIMO, Adam. Is it discrete?
musically lovely, Ralpheeo.. as an example of a vinyl record its a clicky poppy swooshy load of old shit.. the mix is mostly ambient as sjc says, with the odd thing popping up in a channel, or rather i should say emphasised in one channel but still present in the other 3 at lower level, just to remind you you're listening to some sort of surround!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
musically lovely, Ralpheeo.. as an example of a vinyl record its a clicky poppy swooshy load of old shit.. the mix is mostly ambient as sjc says, with the odd thing popping up in a channel, or rather i should say emphasised in one channel but still present in the other 3 at lower level, just to remind you you're listening to some sort of surround!
When Paramount and Francis Ford finally do a NATIVE 4K Dolby Atmos remaster of the Godfather Trilogy, dear Adam, that will be the time for you to go 4K.........

Image result for the godfather photos

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
When Paramount and Francis Ford finally do a NATIVE 4K Dolby Atmos remaster of the Godfather Trilogy, dear Adam, that will be the time for you to go 4K.........
why not, i've got the Godfather movies on VHS, Laserdisc, DVD & Blu-ray already, in for a penny and all that! i am hoping to go 4K & Atmos someday.. 😁

bming

Since 2002/2003
Finally got a copy of the CD-4 quad of "The Great Waldo Pepper" soundtrack - an excellent quad mix as were its companion recordings I managed to purchase some years ago "Jaws" and "Earthquake". Once upon a time I thought I would never own any of these treasures.