What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promise to wear my best bell bottoms whenever I post!!!

Oddly enough, I still have a pair of rust-colored Levi corduroy bell bottoms, from the very early seventies, in a box somewhere. After me, my son wore them for a while, in the nineties and then we put them away. They are admittedly a bit threadbare.

Doug

Thought about the CD-4 for 'The James Gang -Miami' ATCO Records – QD 36-102
- is there a Poll for this?
not a bad album and Quad mix but it didn't do all that much for me back when i was playing around with this stuff with greater intent, i was hoovering up so many great Quads on the old formats at that point that the more mediocre ones just fell by the wayside and that was one of them

Thought about the CD-4 for 'The James Gang -Miami' ATCO Records – QD 36-102
- is there a Poll for this?
Timely post, I found a copy in a local shop this afternoon.

James Gang CD4.jpg

Poll here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/james-gang-the-miami-cd-4-q8.32832/

not a bad album and Quad mix but it didn't do all that much for me back when i was playing around with this stuff with greater intent, i was hoovering up so many great Quads on the old formats at that point that the more mediocre ones just fell by the wayside and that was one of them

Yes, I thought the same thing when I played my Miami CD-4 . I suppose my expectations were tempered from all the great Joe Walsh years on ABC Records. But it is a good quad mix .
Why no early James Gang quads ?? Another missed opportunity from the Quad years, boo hoo hoo.πŸ˜₯

Xavier Cugat My Shawl, I don't actually own a copy but I have definitely seen this cover on my list. How is the quad mix?
You sir are our winner!

https://www.discogs.com/release/2682540-Xavier-Cugat-My-Shawl
Gummy will be sent at my death (good luck with that πŸ˜„) or, when I can procure a reliably functioning Demodulator (note to self... Good luck with that 😬)

If you know anyone with a great working Demod. they would care to part ways with, please send them my way; and I'll be glad to answer your question.

Captain & Tennille "Love Will Keep Us Together" (CD-4)

View attachment 86826

my 2nd copy of the CD-4 Quad LP (and 3rd in all, i have it on Q8 as well) one of my favourite A&M Quad mixes, its a gem πŸ’ŽπŸ‘Œ

what makes this one extra special is it was a Christmas present from my beautiful other half who makes me smile everyday πŸ’˜πŸ’ž

View attachment 86827
It's a shame this was their only quad LP. Most of the A&M quads were lackluster mixes, except for this and those by The Carpenters.

It's a shame this was their only quad LP. Most of the A&M quads were lackluster mixes, except for this and those by The Carpenters.
fwiw i also like the Surround mixes on 3 of the Quincy Jones Quads ("You've Got It Bad Girl", "Body Heat" & "Mellow Madness"), Billy Preston's "Music Is My Life" and Joan Baez "Diamonds And Rust" βœŒοΈπŸ˜‹

Back