What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CDX-2153~6 (4 LP box)
The covers seem to be signed(maybe by the artist?)
20211001_112219.jpg

20211001_112042.jpg
20211001_112123.jpg

CDX-2153~6 (4 LP box)
The covers seem to be signed(maybe by the artist?)
View attachment 72077
View attachment 72075View attachment 72076
Never have seen this one (found a similar one but not a set- intrigued!)

https://www.discogs.com/release/14837485-三波春夫-三波春夫の大忠臣蔵
三波春夫
Haruo Minami. Japanese Rōkyoku and Enka singer. Born July 19, 1923. Died April 14, 2001.
Figure of the Shōwa era. Famous for his cheerful smile and his Rōkyoku-trained voice, he is the first male singer to wear a kimono as a Kayōkyoku garnment. 村田英雄 (Hideo Murata), who trained under the same Rōkyoku master and debuted one year after him in 1958, was set as his rival for many years and there were several incidents between them.
Search
Search for variations of 三波春夫

Never have seen this one (found a similar one but not a set- intrigued!)

https://www.discogs.com/release/14837485-三波春夫-三波春夫の大忠臣蔵
三波春夫
Haruo Minami. Japanese Rōkyoku and Enka singer. Born July 19, 1923. Died April 14, 2001.
Figure of the Shōwa era. Famous for his cheerful smile and his Rōkyoku-trained voice, he is the first male singer to wear a kimono as a Kayōkyoku garnment. 村田英雄 (Hideo Murata), who trained under the same Rōkyoku master and debuted one year after him in 1958, was set as his rival for many years and there were several incidents between them.
Search
Search for variations of 三波春夫
I think the records in this box might have been available to purchase individually, as they are each priced 2200yen and the obi for the box is priced 8800yen, got the whole thing for 2000yen.

A few notable additions over the past many months.

My third copy of Joan Baez "Diamonds and Rust", because each time I stumble across a copy of it the condition is progressively better than any copy I already have. This one still has the cellophane and CD-4 sticker.
Diamonds and Rust.jpg

This sampler/demo, which member BobZ recommended to me. I saw this exact copy probably in the summer of 2019, and then between University and COVID, I hadn't gotten back into that particular record shop until this past December, and it was still there as I hoped it would be. It's still sealed with a copyright of 1973, I think I'll hold off until it's 50th birthday to open it and play it!
Introductions to CD-4 double lp.jpg

Lastly, this one, which was an Ebay purchase, but at a reasonable price. I've wanted this for some time. Should this be listed in the "Latest Matrix LP" thread too - yeah, of course! How many albums can you claim are only "25% a given quad system"?
Quadrafile.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 75961
My entire CD-4 collection.
Considering sending these to a better home.
No stylus or decoder on hand...
I am up to 68 CD-4s. And I'm very lucky that my QRX-9001 and Shure M24H decodes them pretty darn good. But those are three I don't have. 😁

While I unfortunately have no opportunity to hear this, I love everything about the cover. Their fab power girl outfits. The sparks coming off that early-70s-futuristic-whatever-the hell-it-is machine behind them. The rising smoke... And the wigs, oh the wigs!

While I unfortunately have no opportunity to hear this, I love everything about the cover. Their fab power girl outfits. The sparks coming off that early-70s-futuristic-whatever-the hell-it-is machine behind them. The rising smoke... And the wigs, oh the wigs!
ha ha yeah welll... just hope after it gets cleaned there's no sandpaper (light clicks and pops are no big deal and can be handled!)

Back