What's the Latest DSD Download in Your Collection - Multichannel, Stereo or Mono?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hang by Jazz pianist Don Grusin (Dave's brother) and Friends (vocalist Patti Austin, saxophone greats Ernie Watts and Sadao Watanabe, and percussionist Alex Acuna). Now available as a Stereo DSD Download, not available on SACD - from Acoustic Sounds. On sale through Monday, April 20th at 10% off using offer code TENPERCENT

The Hang - Full.jpg

Don Grusin & Friends - The Hang (Don Grusin Music, Stereo DSD Download XDGM001D64)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/105255/Don_Grusin-The_Hang-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

I've been eyeing this DSD for some time now....used the 10% off and got this...

Ahmad Jamal's Alhambra

XUNI47612D64__104237__03092015034541-2591.jpg

You will enjoy it. Surprisingly good, especially considering it is a "needle drop" - Vinyl LP to Stereo DSD transfer by the Super Audio Center's Gus Skinas.

You will enjoy it. Surprisingly good, especially considering it is a "needle drop" - Vinyl LP to Stereo DSD transfer by the Super Audio Center's Gus Skinas.

yeah, I will like it. The vibe reminds me of some if the dark, dank bluesy jazzy shows I heard in Chicago...back in the day. Great stuff.

Eh......never had this happen. Song number 2 is "stuck" on 19% downloaded....been sitting there for 15 minutes...all others are finished. Using the Acoustic Sounds Downloader.

OK, spoke too soon. It just finished...had me worried for a minute.

Eh......never had this happen. Song number 2 is "stuck" on 19% downloaded....been sitting there for 15 minutes...all others are finished. Using the Acoustic Sounds Downloader.

OK, spoke too soon. It just finished...had me worried for a minute.

The other thing to do with the Acoustic Sounds downloader is to let the other files download, leave the program and then re-enter. The program will scan the files downloaded and start a re-download on the incomplete ones.

The other thing to do with the Acoustic Sounds downloader is to let the other files download, leave the program and then re-enter. The program will scan the files downloaded and start a re-download on the incomplete ones.

Oh, OK. I wasn't sure what would happen. Thanks for that tip.

Oh, OK. I wasn't sure what would happen. Thanks for that tip.

That is the "trick"! :)

Sometimes the downloaded tracks all come down on the first try. But if they don't, just end and restart the downloader multiple times until you get them all. The downloader is licensed code from JRiver that is also used by other download sites including eOnkyo, among others. So the tip works there as well!

That is the "trick"! :)

Sometimes the downloaded tracks all come down on the first try. But if they don't, just end and restart the downloader multiple times until you get them all. The downloader is licensed code from JRiver that is also used by other download sites including eOnkyo, among others. So the tip works there as well!

Also; if you try to download a new order into a file location that you didn't download the previous order Jriver tries to download both the new AND the previous order into the new folder. Man...I downloaded that 5 disc blues masters series (some 60gb plus) last month and when I tried to download a new order yesterday; bingo bango bongo...there's the "blues masters series" coming down again.

But thanks to your little tip...I changed the target file back to the previous and everything is everything. Lol.....at myself.
Incidentally....that multichannel of the "Blues Masters series" is pretty sweaty....

Also; if you try to download a new order into a file location that you didn't download the previous order Jriver tries to download both the new AND the previous order into the new folder. Man...I downloaded that 5 disc blues masters series (some 60gb plus) last month and when I tried to download a new order yesterday; bingo bango bongo...there's the "blues masters series" coming down again.

But thanks to your little tip...I changed the target file back to the previous and everything is everything. Lol.....at myself.
Incidentally....that multichannel of the "Blues Masters series" is pretty sweaty....

If you bought the Multichannel "box set" of the Live Blues Masters Concerts that is a big one. It has Stereo and Multichannel editions of the music from all 6 albums, a total of 130+ DSD tracks in all. Took me hours to download all of the files from Acoustic Sounds.

6 Albums in both Stereo and Multichannel DSD is a good deal at $74.98 - and of course 10% Off now through April 20th. A lot of live blues with excellent sonics to enjoy! :)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...ollection-DSD_Multichannel_28MHz64fs_Download

If you bought the Multichannel "box set" of the Live Blues Masters Concerts that is a big one. It has Stereo and Multichannel editions of the music from all 6 albums, a total of 130+ DSD tracks in all. Took me hours to download all of the files from Acoustic Sounds.

6 Albums in both Stereo and Multichannel DSD is a good deal at $74.98 - and of course 10% Off now through April 20th. A lot of live blues with excellent sonics to enjoy! :)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...ollection-DSD_Multichannel_28MHz64fs_Download

Yeah man....that's the one. The Big George Brock cover of "Two trains runnin'" almost set my curtains on fire...

The third album from Eudora Records in Spain in Multichannel and Stereo DSD. This original DSD 256 recording and release features 3 first recordings. Looking forward to giving the new album a listen in DSD this weekend.

"Producer Gonzalo Noqué: "I truly believe that the three sonatas included in this release (all of them first recordings) represent one of the most exciting rediscoveries in guitar music, and it was such a pleasure working on them with such fantastic artists and friends. I’m thrilled to offer something that feels so special and close to me to the DSD community. You will find the recording in DSD 64, 128 and 256fs(!). I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I did working on them!"

Rebay - EUDDR1501 - 600w.jpg

Ferdinand Rebay: Sonatas for Guitar, Viola and Violin - Pedro Mateo Gonzalez, Jose Manuel Alvarez, Joaquin Riquelme (Eudora Records, Multichannel + Stereo DSD COMBI Download 1501)
https://eudora.nativedsd.com/albums/euddr1501violin-and-guitar-sonatas-viola-and-guitar-sonata

Back