What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once You Get Started . . . QS-ized!
1675282387152.png
https://www.discogs.com/release/1966371-Rufus-Featuring-Chaka-Khan-Rufusized

This one is going to bring back some memories – it is one i remember enjoying as a kid: my parents checked it out of our public library! My copy is a Japanese pressing!
View attachment 88173 Walter Carlos - Switched-On Bach
That record was the entry drug into my addiction. Still one of my favorites, and I’ve been a Carlos fan ever since.

Turned out that I had bought an LP (stereo, of course) that had a few tracks Walter had recorded as a student.

I LOVE the SACD (pretty much love any recording of this Rodrigo piece). I'll try to find the time and let you know. Been composing that Ramsey Lewis review, and now i have some damaged goods to return to senders!
I was fortunate to go to a Pepe Romero concert, and he performed Concierto de Aranjuez; just a brilliant performance telling a very sad story, no words needed!

I guess they were invoking Barbarella with that cover.

The Concerto de Aranjuez is one of the best guitar warhorses that there is and either John Williams or Pepe Romero are great interpreters.
The beginning of the third movement when played properly is a very exciting piece of music.
I have an SACD of the four Romeros performing it on Mercury Living Presence three channel as well as several CDs and LPs.

Another great Joaquin Rodrigo piece is En los Trigales (In the Wheat Fields) which is a solo guitar piece.

Last edited:
Back