What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another Classical / Baroque Choral SQ Quadrophonie LP -1972, in from Deutsche Harmonia Mundi-
with the Escolania De Montserrat & Collegium Aureum

folder.jpg

Here is a listing of some more titles from this label with quad indicators:
https://www.discogs.com/label/116898-Sono-Radio?page=35&genre=All&limit=50QS 1006 is Azteca - Pyramid of the Moon - sounds like SQ to me
QS 1007 is EWF - Open Your Eyes - most probably SQ encoded
IIRC QS 1005 was a Santana title (I probably mentioned it elsewhere on QQ).
The Black Sugar II title was recently reissued and shows the QS logo on the cover.

https://www.discogs.com/label/116898-Sono-Radio?page=35&genre=All&limit=50QS 1006 is Azteca - Pyramid of the Moon - sounds like SQ to me
The Black Sugar II title was recently reissued and shows the QS logo on the cover.
That Black Sugar II is an expensive SOB; but be careful if that reissue is an RSD release, I got burned on a different QS title that had the logo but had lost its encoding!

Hi. PUPSTER

I have Black Sugar II LP, me and another QQ member came to the same conclusion side 1. is QS but side 2. is Stereo why I don`t know this LP seems to have a HIGH price it's not that great of a QS LP
BBQ...
They may have used one Stereo tape or metal master(in error)and one QS encoded master without fully realizing their mistake.
So It's very conceivable that only one side of the album is QS .

Just from a quick look at those quad listings ...numerically it would seem they may of had upwards of 16 titles , at best guess .

No Mr Pupster you are barking at the wrong tree.
These are the original unprocessed MONO as recorded for Japanese radio broadcast when Coltrane toured there in 1966.

As such does not synthesize well. However modern demixing could render a passable surround version.

@J. PUPSTER how is the Claudio Monteverdi Vespro?
Harmonia Mundi records were always high quality recordings and I like the Collegium Aureum performances.
There is a different recording of this same work on Angel with different performers but also in SQ.
Sorry for the response FAIL there Chief.

I've been getting really side tracked with all the new digital releases coming out in surround; just too many to take in this year and not enough time.

So far I've only got side one converted (of four) done. The cleaning up and making sure the balances on this sort of title is critical, as you can imagine. But, overall sounds great and very immersive. Not terribly discrete but in this venue, you can understand that, with lots of room ambience, but I do hear some orchestral shifts happening in the rears with the choral stuff mostly in the fronts. I just need the time to finish it up :)

I don't believe I found the Angel version, do you have a discogs link for it? I tend to like these Deutsche Harmonia Mundi box sets.

VESPRO DELLA BEATA VERGINE SQ LP SIDE 1.jpg

Back