What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

Just want to fill you in on an SQ LP at''' Jauce Auction site''' that went for $1,048 US. 140,000 YEN.
the LP was ( TAJ-MAHAL TRAVELERS )
BBQ...

i-img1200x828-1677945499fz9ktv790878.jpg

How's the CD pricing Bill ?
Hi. fizzywiggs41

On Discogs, the CD is a Japanese release price range from $40.00 to $100 us. there was an unofficial UK release as well.

If PUPSTER can verify that the CD has still got the SQ encoding I`ll buy the CD but it`s a type of music that I would not listen to on a regular period just as a collector I want it.
BBQ...

I believe there is a conversion made from Cd out there by Bob.
All versions should be SQ encoded.
This was recorded outdoors with environmental ambience combined with various instruments.
It sounds better than what I am describing.

From Wikipedia:

he Taj Mahal Travellers (also given variously as Taj Mahal Travelers, Taj-Mahal Travellers, etc.) were a Japanese experimental music ensemble founded in 1969 by former Group Ongaku leader and Fluxus member Takehisa Kosugi. The rest of the group were several years younger than Kosugi, and were all inspired by the spirit of the day. They chose mainly to perform their music outdoors, often on beaches and hilltops, creating spontaneously improvised drones (compare with Dronology), often using standard musical instruments, albeit in unconventional ways (e.g., a bowed double bass placed flat on its back). The group's sound was heavily reliant on electronic processing, particularly delay effects.

Lots of information out there including in the book JapRockSampler by Julian Cope

Last edited:
Hi. fizzywiggs41

On Discogs, the CD is a Japanese release price range from $40.00 to $100 us. there was an unofficial UK release as well.

If PUPSTER can verify that the CD has still got the SQ encoding I`ll buy the CD but it`s a type of music that I would not listen to on a regular period just as a collector I want it.
BBQ...

Yep..that's why I asked. I knew someone on QQ had it . And my guess is it's a single inventory SQ quad title from Sony.

Have you ever seen a stereo copy ?

Hi. fizzywiggs41

BBQ...
Well, it looks like I am going to buy the CD after all.....

Bought the Dutch Lotus same day as SQ Amigos. Amigos is a non-starter, mix wise. I left the Marantz on SQ and Lotus decoded nicely with newly upgraded SQA-2B. I realized that Lotus was SQ.

Well it is Sony.

So like Santana LOTUS...whereby the Japanese copy of the LP was a single inventory SQ ...and the Dutch copy indicated Stereo , but in reality was actually SQ encoded. (BTW I had the Dutch copy.)

https://www.discogs.com/release/3599018-Three-Dog-Night-Coming-Down-Your-Way
Visited
https://vinylren.com/today and saw that they have a Quad LP section again, mostly classical and easy listening LPs, but I saw this Three Dog Night QS/RM LP and bought it.

I listened using DPL (original) while making myself a DVD-R, now listening w/DPL 2 music (will try Hafler/DynaQuad later).

edit:
Hafler/DynaQuad produces good directionality from this QS/RM encoded album with distinct content in the surround channel.

My real QS/RM decoder is in a Pioneer QX-747 receiver which hasn't been turned on in over 30 years (I have no plans to restore this receiver).

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
Working on getting this new Japanese '4S System Matrix Super Space Stereo Sound' "TOKYO CUBAN BOYS" title converted; and seems like it's mixed really weird to me. The Right Rear just seems much too loud, at least 2-3 dbs and the the overall fronts seem a little light compared to what's traditional compared to the rears. I'm also feeling that because of this and some of the mix choices, the mix would sound better if the Fronts were swapped with the Rears on this. Side one only so far!!!! :unsure:

And yes I double checked all my connections and settings on my chain, and all are correct. Recorded in flat also to Quad wav file.

Additionally I don't see a date on this release anywhere, does anyone have this title and can chime in on this one for the audio/mix and date please?

https://www.discogs.com/release/14804652-Tadaaki-Misago-Tokyo-Cuban-Boys-Tokyo-Cuban-Boys
folder.jpg

Working on getting this new Japanese '4S System Matrix Super Space Stereo Sound' "TOKYO CUBAN BOYS" title converted; and seems like it's mixed really weird to me. The Right Rear just seems much too loud, at least 2-3 dbs and the the overall fronts seem a little light compared to what's traditional compared to the rears. I'm also feeling that because of this and some of the mix choices, the mix would sound better if the Fronts were swapped with the Rears on this. Side one only so far!!!! :unsure:

And yes I double checked all my connections and settings on my chain, and all are correct. Recorded in flat also to Quad wav file.

Additionally I don't see a date on this release anywhere, does anyone have this title and can chime in on this one for the audio/mix and date please?

https://www.discogs.com/release/14804652-Tadaaki-Misago-Tokyo-Cuban-Boys-Tokyo-Cuban-Boys
View attachment 90092

That lady looks like she wants to really hurt someone. I'd be careful if I were you.

View attachment 90092
:unsure: Did her zip break? :devilish::smokin

Sam Rivers - Crystals QS LP
https://www.discogs.com/release/1148876-Sam-Rivers-Crystals
*I'm going to call this one the: "Waiting on Frank - Jazz Session on LSD"
Sort of like the Benny Goodman song, Waiting on Benny; where the Frank Zappa horn & percussion sections are without its band leader and are free flowing on LSD crystals 😵‍💫

folder.jpg

folder rear.jpg

Back