What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 new Quad SACDs from DV;

Ray Conniff : Harmony & The Way We Were,
Guess Who : American Woman & Share The Land,
Charlie Rich : Behind Closed Doors & Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High),
Paul Revere & The Raiders ft Mark Lindsay : Hard 'n Heavy & Indian Reservation

9D426E62-1F25-4E1C-9EF0-7422B5E138CC.jpeg

U0XskiC.jpg

Last edited:

Very interesting that Jim Reeves (who posted on the forum almost two years ago - I wonder if he knows this was released?) gets the majority of the quad remix credit for Hard 'n' Heavy, but the two tracks missing from the Robin Reel ("Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon" and "Without You") were mixed by someone else. I can't wait to hear this one...

Very interesting that Jim Reeves (who posted on the forum almost two years ago - I wonder if he knows this was released?) gets the majority of the quad remix credit for Hard 'n' Heavy, but the two tracks missing from the Robin Reel ("Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon" and "Without You") were mixed by someone else. I can't wait to hear this one...

hmm.. the only Mark Wilder who would remix such a project would be the Mark Wilder, main man at Sony!!

..and he's too young to have done the Quad in 1971!

maybe he remixed it in the 90's/00's for some CD reissue or something!?

very interesting.. i wonder whether our man Dave has any info!?

calling steelydave !!! 🤩

edit: just read it (properly, carefully) for the first time!! Mark Wilder (yes, THE Mark Wilder) remixed those two tracks into Quad this year!! must've been specially for this release??? if so WOW!!!!!!

Last edited:
hmm.. the only Mark Wilder who would remix such a project would be the Mark Wilder, main man at Sony!!

..and he's too young to have done the Quad in 1971!

maybe he remixed it in the 90's/00's for some CD reissue or something!?

very interesting.. i wonder whether our man Dave has any info!?

calling steelydave !!! 🤩

edit: just read it (properly, carefully) for the first time!! Mark Wilder (yes, THE Mark Wilder) remixed those two tracks into Quad this year!! must've been specially for this release??? if so WOW!!!!!!

WOW, is right, Adam. This might just be the beginning of a beautiful QUADSHIP with Mr. Dutton and his loyal constitutents at QQ Forum!

See the source image

Mark Wilder: Mastering engineer @ SONY

WOW, is right, Adam. This might just be the beginning of a beautiful QUADSHIP with Mr. Dutton and his loyal constitutents at QQ Forum!

See the source image

Mark Wilder: Mastering engineer @ SONY

oh yeah!!! this is really a dream team, with Mark Wilder that's the keys to the Sony treasure chest right there, nobody knows what's what there like him.

its like the Sony Surround SACD programme never ended but went on life support and came out the other side on steroids!!!

4 new Quad SACDs from DV;

Ray Conniff : Harmony & The Way We Were,
Guess Who : American Woman & Share The Land,
Charlie Rich : Behind Closed Doors & Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High),

View attachment 42197

U0XskiC.jpg

Shhhhh.... Freddie can't be disturbed today; behind closed doors!:whistle:

Two-fers coming soon from DV as a birthday gift from the very wonderful Mrs. Surround:

- Rick Derringer two-fer (I only really want the song Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo, but prices are now too low to resist.)
- Pure Prairie League (I wish Amie was on this set, but many QQ folks seem to like the music quite a bit.)
- Charlie Rich (I nicknamed my last car The Silver Fox, so how could I not go for this?)
- The Guess Who American Woman/Share The Land (I absolutely must have Proper Stranger in Quad plus the full version of the song American Woman. Also, I'm curious to hear how Michael Dutton's mastering compares to the Best Of set from AF.
- The Raiders (Other than Indian Reservation, I'm not a fan of that album. But the songs on Hard 'n' Heavy sound interesting.)

So all ten albums with shipping came to $86. That's $8.60 per album!. Dirt cheap...and DV throws in the stereo layer for free...

Two-fers coming soon from DV as a birthday gift from the very wonderful Mrs. Surround:

- Rick Derringer two-fer (I only really want the song Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo, but prices are now too low to resist.)
- Pure Prairie League (I wish Amie was on this set, but many QQ folks seem to like the music quite a bit.)
- Charlie Rich (I nicknamed my last car The Silver Fox, so how could I not go for this?)
- The Guess Who American Woman/Share The Land (I absolutely must have Proper Stranger in Quad plus the full version of the song American Woman. Also, I'm curious to hear how Michael Dutton's mastering compares to the Best Of set from AF.
- The Raiders (Other than Indian Reservation, I'm not a fan of that album. But the songs on Hard 'n' Heavy sound interesting.)

So all ten albums with shipping came to $86. That's $8.60 per album!. Dirt cheap...and DV throws in the stereo layer for free...

great birthday bundle from the Mrs! 🤩
hope you enjoy more than just RD's RARHK! "Let's ROCK!!!" :rocks

which Charlie Rich 2-fer are you getting, TSF/VSLS or BCD/ETYTM(IGH)?

"get down! un-com-pli-ca-ted! un-com-pli-ca-ted!"

:51QQ

Very envious ar, this is an idea that wouldn't even occur to Mrs. Pupster☹
But, yea to the DV prices and choices 😃

Embarrassment of riches. These all arrived on the same day, from different shippers. Thanks to my homies on the General Classical Music Discussion thread for a heads-up about the latest Pentatone sale at Presto. 3 SACDs--one of them a double album--for under $30, shipped.

And with Beat and Pair, $14 each from RareWaves, my 40th Anniversary KC collection is nearly complete.

IMG_20190805_190328223.jpg

IMG_20190805_190354822.jpg

American Woman/Share The Land - I knew these would be great. Lots of separation and speaker bouncing. Musicianship A+.

Hard 'N' Heavy (with Marshmallow)/Indian Reservation. Haven't listened to IR yet.
Never heard H'N'H before. I love the "1969 L.A. Pop/Rock" feel of the album. I could see some of these songs being on albums by The Monkees, The Turtles or the Partridge Family (I think the harpsichord adds that P.F. touch)! I also like Mark Lindsay's sax playing. Enjoying this.

Back