What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is yours the SACD from MOFI, I don't recall a Dualdisc version?
24/96 DVD video on one side 24/192 DVD audio....
MVIMG_20191224_115623.jpg

Coincidentally I was looking at this on Amazon today, thoughts as of yet?

Hasn't quite made it into the rotation yet. You can stream the whole piece on YouTube (below; it may be a different performance). I didn't, though I did listen to excerpts on 2L's official video. At first I thought parts of it sounded a little Andrew Lloyd Webberish--not a good thing in my book, unless we're talking about JCS--but then I was worried I was being a snooty elitist sneering at the middlebrows, so I went for it. Besides, I love Lindberg's recording techniques, and I'm looking for more stuff to test out my overhead speakers with!

The Mavericks "Trampoline." One of those DTS CDs whose sound quality is pretty terrific. Getting ready to disassemble and transport my system again for another (hopefully last) move cross country. Back to the Denver area!

the best things come to he who waits...⏰

5 shiny new MultiCh SACDs from Dutton Vocalion! 📀📀📀📀📀

Earth Wind & Fire: Spirit/That's The Way Of The World,
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes: Black & Blue/Wake Up Everybody,
Helen Reddy: I Am Woman/Long Hard Climb,
The Miracles: Love Crazy/The Miracles,
The O'Jays: Survival/Family Reunion

nEDcxHr.jpg

fARpWOz.jpg

Still waiting for my latest batch of D-Vs. But here's what I picked up on a recent trip to Academy Records in Manhattan:
  • Orff, Carmina Burana (Atlanta/Runnicles) (Telarc, 2001). The mix on Dutton's NYPO/Tilson Thomas reissue is way more adventurous, but the sonics on this one are cleaner, IMO. I've had a library copy checked out for over a year; happy to have one of my own.
  • Quinsin Nachoff, Magic Numbers (Songlines, 2006). One of a handful of Songlines MCH titles I didn't already have. Became acquainted with tenor saxophonist Nachoff earlier this year from his latest album on the English label Whirlwind, Path of Totality, with David Binney. Looking forward to hearing this.

IMG_20200120_151743764.jpg

Back