What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah. That explains it. European CD/DVD release rather than the North American DualDisc.

True, but the DVD is labelled as a DVD-A, and states "Plays on all DVD players". I've only ever played the audio portions of my Remain in Light, and Speaking In Tongues European CD+DVD sets, but had no issues with them.

True, but the DVD is labelled as a DVD-A, and states "Plays on all DVD players". I've only ever played the audio portions of my Remain in Light, and Speaking In Tongues European CD+DVD sets, but had no issues with them.
The DVDs are DVD-As, yes. I wasn't suggesting they wouldn't play, just that it made sense Talking Heads '77 didn't show up in my search, as I had selected the "DualDisc" filter.

The DVDs are DVD-As, yes. I wasn't suggesting they wouldn't play, just that it made sense Talking Heads '77 didn't show up in my search, as I had selected the "DualDisc" filter.

Cool. No problem. I thought maybe you had a preference for DualDiscs, like trying to complete the collection, so I just wanted to be clear. The newer Bullmoose website is a little trickier than than the old one: sometimes lumping all of the optical formats together like with Diana Krall: Look of Love, other times breaking them out. Searching and saving to wishlists is a little trickier now - got to make sure you have the desired sub-format selected.

When I special ordered Talking Heads: 77, because it was the European version, Bullmoose (or their distributor) reinforced that the DVD may not play here in North America, and it made me pause for a bit. I had to sanity check logos on the back of the European discs I already owned and compare the UPC for "77" to make sure I was sure.

Santana : "Santana" (Japanese Hybrid MultiCh SACD in 7" packaging)

these really are things of immense beauty.. 😍

7ACFCEA3-7D32-4D4E-84BE-F745B8B2988F.jpeg

Stage DVDA.jpg

I've been after this one for a while now and finally found it for a semi-sensible price this past weekend. The 5.1 mix and sonics are impressive for a live album of this vintage, but man is this loud. They couldn't leave just a little more headroom? I started out well below my reference level and only backed off the volume from there...

Back