Quantcast

What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
View attachment 59351

Swedish avant-garde jazz in multichannel. Still available new for a very reasonable price from European Amazons.
I wouldn't call them "avant-garde," exactly--contemporary jazz-pop-rock fusion, maybe?--but they had a signature sound, for sure, and they brought a younger audience into jazz in the 90s and aughts.

Anyway, I'm glad to know about this! (I didn't realize that ACT had ever dabbled in multi-channel. Turns out they had half a dozen titles.) How's the surround mix?

For US buyers: $23 + shipping from MovieMars, via Amazon.

Titch

I wouldn't call them "avant-garde," exactly--contemporary jazz-pop-rock fusion, maybe?--but they had a signature sound, for sure, and they brought a younger audience into jazz in the 90s and aughts.

Anyway, I'm glad to know about this! (I didn't realize that ACT had ever dabbled in multi-channel. Turns out they had half a dozen titles.) How's the surround mix?

For US buyers: $23 + shipping from MovieMars, via Amazon.
E.S.T.'s Tuesday Wonderland has a really aggressive discrete multichannel mix, Viaticum (out of print, but there are some inexpensive second-hand copies to be found) has ambience in the rears.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
woo-woo! 🌈🚂💫 just landed! a fantastic package of goodies from the one and only Wizard!! 🤩🥰🥳

a trio from Mott The Hoople,
Bachman-Turner Overdrive 1 & 2,
Grover Washington Jr.'s Soul Box

..and the biggy for me of this totally Poptastic batch..

a bright and beautiful Burton Cummings 3-way..!!! 😱
(whaadya reckon there's been a few 3-fer's in his time... Stand Tall and do the Niki Hokey! b-b-b-baby you ain't seen nothin' yet!! 😉 😂 )

C4E962AD-2B77-4E0C-B708-6208CFA98C90.jpeg

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
woo-woo! 🌈🚂💫 just landed! a fantastic package of goodies from the one and only Wizard!! 🤩🥰🥳

a trio from Mott The Hoople,
Bachman-Turner Overdrive 1 & 2,
Grover Washington Jr.'s Soul Box

..and the biggy for me of this totally Poptastic batch..

a bright and beautiful Burton Cummings 3-way..!!! 😱
(whaadya reckon there's been a few 3-fer's in his time... Stand Tall and do the Niki Hokey! b-b-b-baby you ain't seen nothin' yet!! 😉 😂 )

View attachment 62953
As the sticker says "Please Handle With Care" Freddie, they are all Young Dudes!