What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.discogs.com/Tomita-Space-Fantasy/release/8812742
https://www.discogs.com/Kodō-Mondo-Head/release/9138358
https://www.discogs.com/Tamiya-Tera...ginal-Soundtrack-ゲド戦記サウンドトラック/release/8872608
TRES DISCOS.jpg

Been waiting for these since late December. More Dutton Goodness is en route.

Vocalion UK SACD Quad reissues:

Canned Wheat/Wheatfield Soul - Guess Who

In Deep/Nexus (2ch)/Ring of Hands (2ch) - Argent 2 SACD

Mirror Image/New City B,S&T

My Maria/Calabassas - B.W. Stevenson

Booger Bear/Santana & Buddy Miles Live 2 SACD

Giant Box - Don Sebesky

Hangin' Out/Z - Mancini

Copland: Appalachian Spring/rehearses (2ch) Columbia ChamberOrch/Copland & Chavez: Four Suns/Piramide - Chavez/LSO

Vivaldi: Four Seasons/Four Concertos - Zuckerman/English Chamber Orch

Orff: Carmina Burana & Beethoven:Choral Music & Gershwin: American in Paris/Rhapsody in Blue - Tilson-Thomas/LSO 2 SACD

Stravinsky: Petroushka/Pulcinella Suite/Scherzo Fantastique/Symphonies of Wind Instruments - Boulez/NY Philharmonic

Music for Organ, Brass & Percusssion/Bach: Six Organ Concerto Sinfonias - Biggs

Concertos for Lute & Orchestra - Bream

Passacaglia - at first listening an almighty disappointment - it simply didn't do anything for me. I will keep trying. It has some really deep bass, but it struck me as lifeless.

91XM9NWqSmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Passacaglia - at first listening an almighty disappointment - it simply didn't do anything for me. I will keep trying. It has some really deep bass, but it struck me as lifeless.

91XM9NWqSmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Might be one of those packages where the album art is fantastic but leads to a disappointing aural experience. This is quite a spectacular album cover.

More DV Quad Goodness:

I Am Woman/Long Hard Climb - Helen Reddy already bought Q8 & CD of both

Spirit/That's the Way of the World - EWF already bought SQ, CD & remastered CD's (in EWF albums box) of both and MoFi 2ch SACD of TWW

Survival/Family Reunion - O'Jays already bought SQ's of both

haven't owned before:
Love Crazy/Miracles (2ch)

Wake Up Everybody/Black & Blue - Harold Melvin

amazon Japan to the rescue:

Ordered Miles' Liveevil Quad SACD and Cornelius' Mellow Waves BD and I received it TWO DAYS LATER!!!!!! with normal shipping.... fastest delivery ever!!!!

I guess next time they'll deliver it before I click on the "purchase now" button (yeah, been watching a lot of Tex Avery lately...)

tumblr_m3yk1qzpkj1qlytoso1_400.png

CD Japan sent my Live/Evil almost instantly DSL.

Meanwhile, I've waited 3 weeks to receive J. Geils' Morning After (2ch SACD) from MoFi. They did their part and shipped it. A couple days ago, USPS said it's in Iowa. Perhaps not the fastest way to get from the North Side of Chicago to the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. I didn't realize that it first needs to go to another state to get 30 miles away!! Hopefully, it will find its' way back to Illinois before it gets routed to Dubai. Our tax $$ at work.

CD Japan sent my Live/Evil almost instantly DSL.

Meanwhile, I've waited 3 weeks to receive J. Geils' Morning After (2ch SACD) from MoFi. They did their part and shipped it. A couple days ago, USPS said it's in Iowa. Perhaps not the fastest way to get from the North Side of Chicago to the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. I didn't realize that it first needs to go to another state to get 30 miles away!! Hopefully, it will find its' way back to Illinois before it gets routed to Dubai. Our tax $$ at work.

The Post Office has nothing to do with the taxes you pay to the government.

Jealous !

Please don't. It's really a sickness on my part. I already have the stereo single layer SACD and the multichannel single layer SACD, so this multichannel hybrid is really just a repeat of those 2 SACDs. But noooooooo....the completist in me must have it.

Again, it's a sickness.

Please don't. It's really a sickness on my part. I already have the stereo single layer SACD and the multichannel single layer SACD, so this multichannel hybrid is really just a repeat of those 2 SACDs. But noooooooo....the completist in me must have it.

Again, it's a sickness.
Don't do it soundboy, you don't need it!!!

Back