What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always happy with the old Sony, also like the slightly more appointed rears on her as well, a fine old dame to funk it up with!

oh yeah Mister Pupster! in agreement wichyoo there fo'sho'! 😋 i always thoroughly enjoyed the original MCh SACD release and never felt the need to get the Analogue Productions reissue or this new Japanese one either tbh.. but they aren't identical (that's also fo'sho') which is mildly curious.. the differences feel fairly subtle though so i'll report back when i have more time to invesssssstigate 😝

Interesting findings, thanks for posting (y)

The balance on the new disc almost looks a little too skewed towards the fronts? Obviously waveforms don't tell the whole story, and I've yet to heard a Sony Japan disc that didn't sound great. It's also great to see that they did away with the fake center/sub channels (hopefully that'll be the case with the Santana disc as well).

anytime.. anytime 😉

the old SACD feels a bit more surround-y maybe but i'm not ready to stick me neck out yet.. i'm also glad they've done away with the faux C & LFE on the old disc, they had next to nothing multichannelistically musically meaningful going on in them (fo'sho') 👍👍

Another order from the Berkshire Record Outlet just arrived - 20 MCH SACDs and one DVD-A for $5-7 each.

2020-10-14 11.52.08.jpg

Both of these came from Bullmoose Music, brand new, as special orders. So... a heads-up to anyone else interested in either title: still available new!

'77 actually shows up now as Out of Stock. They have the DualDiscs of Remain In Light, Fear of Music, Little Creatures, Speaking in Tongues, True Stories, and Naked, though--all at crazy cheap prices. I'm almost tempted to buy spare copies!

When I checked late last night, all were sold out.

I might have gotten fooled. Bullmoose has listings for a lot of items that turn out to be sold out. They do have The Mavericks' self-titled album (one of the better Silverlines, I think?), though, and John Legend's Get Lifted DualDisc, which has a good, workmanlike mix.

I just need to come up with another $12 item to qualify for free shipping...

Talking Heads 77 is actually kind of hidden here: sneaky-sneaky

The Chesky DVD-A is here: no where near as sneaky

I have a huge list of "want to buy's in my Bullmoose account" and the Talking Heads suddenly came up as available, so I jumped on it. When I just had to find it again I went for the abnormally high priced CD, and it turned out to be the right one. Sneaky-sneaky.

Back