What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now to listen and see if they are keepers!
352BC117-243E-4DB9-B89E-EC91FFEAEB4E.jpeg

Keepers?? How could they not be? :)
I don’t like to keep things I won’t listen to! Not sure about “Welcome to my Nightmare” I love the Alice Cooper band! Just not warming up to the songs on Nightmare! I have had Tom Petty Damn the Torpedoes for over a decade and have never done more than scan through. Thinking about letting some stuff go.

Reactions: GOS
Santana III (Sony Japan Hybr MCh SACD)

Everything's coming our way! 💘 7" of gorgeousness just dropped in my lap 😋

View attachment 74053
If you see any <expletive> garden gnomes clutching a copy its mine, I tell you, mine! The <expletive> gnomes (are they Ralphies mates :ROFLMAO:) must have hacked the Royal Mail website, how can it still be in the air after 10 days.
1638543150561.png
:unsure: Then again, maybe its coming via Jules Verne Airways, so only another 78 days to go then!

The Silverline DualDisc of Pere Ubu's The Modern Dance.
51o9z4dEhkL._SY780_.jpg

Picked this up on a lark for like $20 and it's really excellent - and surprisingly has a pleasingly discrete surround mix as well.

Attachments

• 51o9z4dEhkL._SY780_.jpg
    51o9z4dEhkL._SY780_.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 52
Happy New Year, everyone! I found a CD/DVD copy of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' album Henry's Dream, in a local record shop, and thought I'd give it a go. I quite enjoy all four of their 2000s LPs, and HD was good too, though a bit less accessible for me. :) The surround seems somewhat underwhelming, compared with AB/LO and the others, though perhaps I'm biased. :p

I've acquired some holy grails recently.

Donald Fagen, used and in excellent condition:

F7C1B6E9-1337-495C-AAB3-D900ED364C0D.jpeg

Billy Cobham's Spectrum, plus lucky-strike-extra Fourplay, sealed:

1B1373B0-E74A-4ECE-AF35-D4A2A0BDBA7B.jpeg

Elton John and Nine Inch Nails, new retail from DeepDiscount:

3068732C-FE43-47C8-89CD-B807B3E0CE7D.jpeg

Still looking for the Spectrum AF SACD at a price I'm willing to pay—and I may never find it—but the DVD-A is a nice consolation prize for now.

Back