What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dear friend Brandon handed these over to me today...of course , a cracked jewel box here and there but, no prob cause they are all going to be discarded or sold, you know I HATE jewel boxes (and DVD, and Bluray and...but NOT LP covers!)
(the Azteca is not in Discogs yet!)
8579web.jpg

NzUtMzQ5MC5wbmc.jpeg

MjEtOTMwOC5qcGVn.jpeg

NTctNDU1MS5qcGVn.jpeg

NzktODIyNy5qcGVn.jpeg

le, le, le..LEOPOLD!!!
NTMtMjUzMy5qcGVn.jpeg

..und MOTT!!!! and it ain't no apple juice!
NzEtNjg5MS5qcGVn.jpeg

my dear friend Brandon handed these over to me today...of course , a cracked jewel box here and there but, no prob cause they are all going to be discarded or sold, you know I HATE jewel boxes (and DVD, and Bluray and...but NOT LP covers!)
8579web.jpg

NzUtMzQ5MC5wbmc.jpeg

MjEtOTMwOC5qcGVn.jpeg

NTctNDU1MS5qcGVn.jpeg

NzktODIyNy5qcGVn.jpeg

le, le, le..LEOPOLD!!!
NTMtMjUzMy5qcGVn.jpeg

NzEtNjg5MS5qcGVn.jpeg
You know I'm not a big Classical guy Kap', but I love that Stokowski/Wagner!

8579web.jpg

NzUtMzQ5MC5wbmc.jpeg

MjEtOTMwOC5qcGVn.jpeg

NTctNDU1MS5qcGVn.jpeg

NzktODIyNy5qcGVn.jpeg

le, le, le..LEOPOLD!!!
NTMtMjUzMy5qcGVn.jpeg

NzEtNjg5MS5qcGVn.jpeg
Mott and Bowie!

And cracked cases in a package of 7…

The DTS CDs as I understand it are taken from quad sources, not decodes. The CDs themselves are DTS, so discrete once decoded. That said, I don't think the original mixes are all that active.
View attachment 84051
you know? I have never heard these!!!
Yes, most definitely, we shall compare and contrast (like my beloved Art Teacher at Berklee, the late great Henry Augustine Tate, used to say!)
iu

My memory is not to be trusted on anything these days, and I don't seem to have written anything down about this, so I can't footnote it. But I think I recently came across a claim by @4-earredwonder that the 5.1 DTS-CD versions of the Martinon Debussys and Ravels have ambient-only rears--even if they were sourced from quad.

kap's SQ script "decodes" of the Debussy RBCD reissues, meanwhile, have a lot of seemingly discrete content in the rears. I don't know that it's ever been definitively proven that those CDs were SQ-encoded or if it's just a happy accident that they responded so well to Lucanu's script, but in either case it's hard to gainsay kap's results! Hoping the SACDs are similarly "encoded" and mastered even better.

My memory is not to be trusted on anything these days, and I don't seem to have written anything down about this, so I can't footnote it. But I think I recently came across a claim by @4-earredwonder that the 5.1 DTS-CD versions of the Martinon Debussys and Ravels have ambient-only rears--even if they were sourced from quad.

kap's SQ script "decodes" of the Debussy RBCD reissues, meanwhile, have a lot of seemingly discrete content in the rears. I don't know that it's ever been definitively proven that those CDs were SQ-encoded or if it's just a happy accident that they responded so well to Lucanu's script, but in either case it's hard to gainsay kap's results! Hoping the SACDs are similarly "encoded" and mastered even better.
Most of the EMI/ANGEL QUAD LPs except for a scant few, had ambient only rears. Even the few EMI QUAD MLP DVD~A discs released had ambient rears.

Back