What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A HEADS UP: Cleopatra Records will release this 2 disc BD~V set on November 18th celebrating the 50th Anniversary of TUBULAR BELLS. Further info unavailable at this time:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Tubular-...34-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
91qmVC2sEpL._SL1500_.jpg

Sounds like this is a different performance entirely.
I believe the two disc RBCD is just an indication of what to expect, setlist~wise, from the LIVE performance of Tubular Bells. No specific Audio codecs are on the BD~V which seems a bit unusual but will hopefully be some form of LOSSLESS surround whether 5.1 or even ATMOS!

I believe the two disc RBCD is just an indication of what to expect, setlist~wise, from the LIVE performance of Tubular Bells. No specific Audio codecs are on the BD~V which seems a bit unusual but will hopefully be some form of LOSSLESS surround whether 5.1 or even ATMOS!
The CDs state a different narrator (Brian Blessed, awesome!) than the Blu-rays (Bill
Nighy, also awesome!). Have to be different performances.

I just recieved the toto lV sacd from cd japan because dhl shipping went down to a reasonable rate. I refused to order this when it first came available because shipping was as expensive as the disc....and....I was suprised when the disc was delievered to CO in less than a week. The disc sounds great as well. Glad I have it.

Last edited:
Thanks to a tip to buy from Berkshire music some Pentatone quadraphonic recordings in SACD
Schumann symphonies 1 and 3
Dvorak Symphony No 9 Seiji Ozawa
Mozart Rossini Arrangements for wind instruments Netherlands Wind Ensemble
Beethoven Piano Concertos 5 and 3 Christoph Eschenbach and
Nuances Neue Musik fur Flote und Gitarre on NCA SACD

Was in Princeton for work purposes, but of course I stopped at PREX after hours. Whole haul was $60 - everything except the Kapustin is a SACD.
View attachment 85565
Did they finally create a section for SACD's? The last time I was there, these were mixed in with CD's. Before I moved out west from Princeton, that was a regular shop I visited! I was super excited when they opened back in the late 70's, and even happier that my high school buddy now owns it after the founder retired.

Did they finally create a section for SACD's? The last time I was there, these were mixed in with CD's. Before I moved out west from Princeton, that was a regular shop I visited! I was super excited when they opened back in the late 70's, and even happier that my high school buddy now owns it after the founder retired.
They have a separate SACD section, mostly for non-classical. They did have a seperate classical SACD wall for a bit too, but they went back to mixing them in. I'm okay with that - I kind of like the search, especially since prices aren't much higher.

Back