What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve not had any import taxes being applied when I’ve purchased from them previously. My order was for around £40. I have another order in flight currently.

VAT was added however as they seem to use a UK registered business based here:

VAT Registration # 822 6093 41
Alliance Entertainment, LLC
34 Buckfast Avenue
Bedford, MK41 8RG
UK
Thanks, yes VAT was applied, my order comes to around £35, so here's hoping that's all I'm paying:rolleyes:

OK, so I ordered from WOWHD believing they were a UK company because the site was a .co.uk site, after following the tracking number they are shipping from the US, so I may get hit by import taxes which will wipe out any benefits I thought I was getting from the low prices. We shall see.
I ordered thinking it was a uk company too, I got an email on the 20th saying it had shipped, when i input the order number on their website for tracking details nothing comes up. Don’t think i’ll be ordering from them ever again, not worth the stress to save a few £

I ordered thinking it was a uk company too, I got an email on the 20th saying it had shipped, when i input the order number on their website for tracking details nothing comes up. Don’t think i’ll be ordering from them ever again, not worth the stress to save a few £
Yea the tracking link just takes you to Google, I then Googled RRD and got this site: https://www.ordertracker.com/track/, where I put in the tracking number, according to that my order is in Itasca Illinois.

Taken from the UK Govt website-
Essentially you will not be charge any customs duty unless you have ordered >£135 of goods

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
Technically, VAT is only payable for goods costing >£39z

However, Wow seem to have a UK VAT registration in place so they are collecting VAT for the Treasury from their customers.

Specifically from the Govt website:

Customs Duty​

You’ll be charged Customs Duty on all goods sent from outside the UK (or the UK and the EU if you’re in Northern Ireland) if they’re either:

• excise goods
  • worth more than £135
If you’re charged Customs Duty, you’ll need to pay it on both:
  • the price paid for the goods
  • postage, packaging and insurance
I’ve bought from Wow a couple of times without any issue at all. Their service is good in my experience. Hopefully yours will be too.

Yea the tracking link just takes you to Google, I then Googled RRD and got this site: https://www.ordertracker.com/track/, where I put in the tracking number, according to that my order is in Itasca Illinois.
That link gives me a 404 error, I havent spent a lot of money but fear i’ll never receive my sacd’s, when I go to my account for an update it just confirms my order even though the confirmation tells me I can check the status of my order at any time, this order will definitely be my last with them no matter how good the prices are

That link gives me a 404 error, I havent spent a lot of money but fear i’ll never receive my sacd’s, when I go to my account for an update it just confirms my order even though the confirmation tells me I can check the status of my order at any time, this order will definitely be my last with them no matter how good the prices are
reduce the link to www.ordertracker.com you get this Package tracking with tracking number and enter your tracking number.

My package is in transit in the US and is expected in 5-12 days, it’s already been 11 days since I ordered, if I knew the stuff was coming from the US I wouldn’t have bothered
My SACD’s just arrived 👍, 15 days from order to arrival, I might give them another chance if any other bargains pop up, at least I will know how long to expect to wait

My SACD’s just arrived 👍, 15 days from order to arrival, I might give them another chance if any other bargains pop up, at least I will know how long to expect to wait
Sounds like you may have changed your opinion on Wow? No import duties either I take it?

15 days delivery from the USA is pretty good - I had to wait over month for a delivery of speaker jumpers from Poland recently

I've just ordered the Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous box set from Ireland and its been stuck in Customs for the last three days so it will be over week before it I receive it.....the joys of not being in the EU

Wow's prices are pretty keen and the service is good in my experience. They also hold good levels of stock so well worth monitoring for prospective bargains.

My 3 arrived today also, the tracking showed them lounging around just outside O'Hare airport Chicago for a long time, waiting for their flight I guess, so I'm spending some time listening to them, though the Clapton is the only one I don't know.
20230204_134744.jpg

Sounds like you may have changed your opinion on Wow? No import duties either I take it?

15 days delivery from the USA is pretty good - I had to wait over month for a delivery of speaker jumpers from Poland recently

I've just ordered the Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous box set from Ireland and its been stuck in Customs for the last three days so it will be over week before it I receive it.....the joys of not being in the EU

Wow's prices are pretty keen and the service is good in my experience. They also hold good levels of stock so well worth monitoring for prospective bargains.
No import duties, my big problem was not knowing what was going on, if it wasn’t for svengaleekie I would have had no idea what was happening, if they actually told you it was coming from the US and might take two weeks i’d have been more understanding.
Now I know the score i’ll order again, I just think it’s false advertising using a .co.uk web address, just be honest is all I expect from a company

Random find for a dollar at a local thrift shop. Track list: Various - Total Music Immersion - Super Audio CD SamplerView attachment 90314
wow, nice find!! 💘 that's a really rare birdie to find out in the wild and for only a dollar bill!? 🤯 jeez Louise will ya look at theez!! 😍 it's got some nice tracks and demo material plus a loada handy dandy test tones, a coupla of which are particularly good for showing off a system that doesn't suffer any cogging with round the room pans. nuff said. 😅👀🤐 enjoy!! 😋🥳

Back