What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you spot the odd one out??
Photo0031.jpg

The Mystic Moods - Clear Light - Q4

248587784.jpg

Bought it so I can show people what a Q4 actually looks like. Maybe I'll get a player someday..:yikes

Kinda embarassed to ask this, but does 'Q8' equate to eight-track quadraphonic, and does 'Q4' equate to reel-to-reel quadraphonic?
:rolleyes:

I can't wait to see what you got. I only have one Q4 tape and a machine in the shop.

Just picked up Duke Ellington - New Orleans Suite, which is one I've never had. Waiting for it to arrive.

I'm dying for my new Passport to arrive. I've got nearly 20 tapes waiting for me at my P.O. box across the line. AND my new Manifold for my 401 AND a set of valve covers.....

I can't wait to see what you got. I only have one Q4 tape and a machine in the shop.
Moody Blues "Question of Balance" arrived yesterday. The box, reel, and tape itself look very minty, including the insert instructing the listener to play this tape ONLY on a 4-channel deck!
Listened to first couple tracks before bedtime. ...Sounds 'okay' but not as spectacular as I had anticipated. A little muddy instead of crisp in the mid-range and higher, without adjusting my tone controls or equalizer settings; I'll play with those some when I get home today, and also compare with another R2R tape (2-chan stereo only) that I know I'm happy with. I'm not really whining, it does sound very good overall, just need to tweak the listening environment I think.
And, yes, I did conscientiously clean the heads, guides, capstan, and pinch roller before playback.
;)

Tomorrow, (Friday) I'll be heading down to retrieve:

The O'Jays - Ship Ahoy
The Average White Band
Blood, Sweat and Tears - New City

and 5 more Romulus tapes:

Fred Waring, Al Hirt, Gene Warr, Henson Cargill and Bill Black.

3 more:

Micheal Nesmith - Magnetic South
Kris Kirstofferson - Border Lord
Ray Coniff - The Way We Were

Having picked up Magnetic South, I now have both Micheal Nesmiths. Funny mixes on 'em though. Not "ha-ha" funny either.

Spent waaaaay too much money this weekend:

R.E.O. Speedwagon - Lost in a Dream
New Riders of the Purple Sage - The Adventures of Panama Red
Minne Riperton - Perfect Angel

Missed out on:
Ted Nugent - Free for All
Chicago Transit Authority

B.B. King & Bobby Bland 2-tape Set.

Was NOT expecting that. Put in a bid before noon, then went to work. Wouldn't get home until after bidding ended. Pleasantly surprised....

I got Roy Clark Superpicker Q8 for $0.75

Was at a flea market. I bought too many stereo tapes today.

Finding Q8's locally rarely happens.

Back