What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovely haul and pics, BB baby!! 😍

if you haven't tried that Liza Quad yet, its a hoot! with a fun mix to boot! 🥳

"in a crowded room
in a small cafe
stands the sing-uuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr....!"

ahem, something like that anyway.. 😊

I replaced all the foam & silver strip on these tapes and then listened to Liza " and I was"...….. Dancing in the moon Light...….. just how I like my Quad to sound like nice and Discrete....🎼

I replaced all the foam & silver strip on these tapes and then listened to Liza " and I was"...….. Dancing in the moon Light...….. just how I like my Quad to sound like nice and Discrete....🎼

yeay! shake that BB-booty!! 🥳

some of the arrangements are a joy!! 🎉

"moon-light daan-sing, moon-light daan-sing.." 🤣

Hi. All

There is 2 Quad Reel to Reel Tapes on the Japanese Auction site " Jauce " just pointing you to them if you are interested in buying them I have them already...
BBQ...

( Carpenters Now And then)- ( https://www.jauce.com/auction/t693727098 )
i-img1200x900-1576754215cvep6w278361.jpg

( Stanley Black movie music Stanley Black )-( https://www.jauce.com/auction/h442845893 )
i-img1200x900-1576754273pyqazk291541.jpg

Last edited:
That Carpenters is a real beauty ain't it. No US release (or anywhere else) on Q4, and an A&M title. I wish Japan had also done Q4s on Diamonds and Rust, Journey to the Center of the Earth, or maybe Cat in true quad. Did Japan issue any other Q4s from A&M of note?

They are the master reels of quadraphonic heaven EZ listening - waiting for their high resolution transfers.

Who knows where the mixdown reels are of these beauties, but the dang sure ain’t coming out on SACD anytime soon or even in the next few years either. I think I have two of them done on nice DTS CD conversions. But not all of them.

In other words these have a snowball’s chance in hell of being reissued and so are important in a unique way.

Why couldn’t I have been born richer, I would have bought up every single quad reel and transferred them myself to high-res digital as my contribution to the universe of recorded arts and sciences.

Last edited:
Hi. All

Another batch of 5 Q4 Reel to Reels on eBay for sale I have already got these my self so just passing this on to All..
BBQ....

THAT was a fantastic auction of Enoch Light Q4's. It would have been something if they had all been grouped together.
I've barely ever come across open reel tapes in my travels, never quads, and never something like that.

The Japan Edition 4-channel tape Carpenters Now And then ..Went for US $260.00
The Japan Edition 4-channel tape The Epic.....Went for US $44.18

Last edited:
I thought about bidding on that auction, but I've already got 3 of those 5 tapes. Since I'm in Canada, re-selling back to the US really limits the amount of buyers. I didn't see much logic in paying that kind of money to get two tapes to have to re-sell three for probably less than I paid for 'em.

I saved my pennies and dimes and scored the Elvis in Memphis Japan CD-4 that I'd been dreaming of instead.

Hi. All

I am back in business I have a new second hand computer installed my software dealing with photos haven't configured it yet do latter, so there is a big back log of goods I have obtained..
BBQ......
( King Records. Vanguard. Q4 4CHA (V)--1 =David Album/Joan Baez )-
( King Records. Q4 4CHD-1 =Various Artists Classical )-
( King Records. Q4 4CH-2 =Aquarius Musicals Hit Tunes )-
( King Records. Vanguard. Q4 4CHA (V)-2 =The Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound Of Jean Jacques Perry )-
( King Records. Vanguard. Q4 4CHA (V)-1001 =This is SURROUND STEREO )-
( CBS Sony. Q4 SOTF 42002 J =Vivaldi The Four Seasons )-
( Warner Bros. Q4 WSTQ 2852-QF =Hearts America )-
( London. Q4 PAR J 79160 =The Body And Soul Of Tom Jones )-
( London. Q4 LON J 12707 =Memories Are Made Of Music Ray Martin )-
( PYE 4D Stereo 8track -QS matrix Y8P 41003 =Sound Orchestral Wigwam )-
( Ovation. Q8. Q8118 =After All This Time Bonnie Koloc )-

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound Of Jean Jacques Perry )-
( King Records. Vanguard. Q4 4CHA (V)-1001 =This is SURROUND STEREO )
———
Does “surround stereo” mean quad reel with fronts duplicated in rear channels?

Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound Of Jean Jacques Perry )-
( King Records. Vanguard. Q4 4CHA (V)-1001 =This is SURROUND STEREO )
———
Does “surround stereo” mean quad reel with fronts duplicated in rear channels?

Hahaha..
No defiantly Four Corner Discrete Surround.
This was a brand name of Vanguard how patent this logo SURROUND STEREO so it was not used with any other Quad at the time...
BBQ....

Back