What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's win. I was beginning to doubt the existence of this tape as in over 20 years of collecting, I'd never seen it. (or if I have, Oldtimers kicked in and I forgot). But I've seen the LP and lost top bid on the Q4 Reel that came around earlier this year. But, since I'm Q-Eight, now I have the appropriate version.
iguana_Q8.jpg

Very nice! I've never seen one either. I have seen a picture of the 15ips reel, which is also mega-rare. I remember getting Gerardo's (remember him? Where are you quadg?) conversion of the reel and thinking that the music sounded dated. Oh well, so am I. Dated. You know. Old. :dance

Very nice! I've never seen one either. I have seen a picture of the 15ips reel, which is also mega-rare. I remember getting Gerardo's (remember him? Where are you quadg?) conversion of the reel and thinking that the music sounded dated. Oh well, so am I. Dated. You know. Old. :dance

Jon, you just came up with a new slogan for QQ.

Quad, dated music for dated people! ;)

Well.this description fits me anyway...

Last I heard from Gerrardo's son, the big G was going through a pretty nasty divorce. That was probably close to 8 or 9 years ago. Most of my Romulus tapes came from Gerrardo. I too have a conversion copy of the reel, and while it's not something I'd listen to often, it's kind of a weird mix of the Eagles and Bread.
But for $20, I was not about to pass it up! Looks like I was the only bidder, too!

Last I heard from Gerrardo's son, the big G was going through a pretty nasty divorce. That was probably close to 8 or 9 years ago. Most of my Romulus tapes came from Gerrardo. I too have a conversion copy of the reel, and while it's not something I'd listen to often, it's kind of a weird mix of the Eagles and Bread.
But for $20, I was not about to pass it up! Looks like I was the only bidder, too!

In the old days, you would have had to deal with 'fishbulb' and 'poodlebutt' to get that tape! ;)
(and maybe even 'oblio98'!!) :eek:

Guess I will have to pull out my dated SQ Winds of Alamar record and play it through the Undated Surround Master.
Guess many of us are ready for the 4 channel rest home.

fishbulb was my nemesis. He'd constantly outbid me on stuff. lol Back when you could still see who was bidding.

It was so much more entertaining when we all knew who was bidding, who was sniping, and who got what. It was like a little quad eBay community.
I am sure I am forgetting a lot more of the "usual" bidders and buyers. Many of those guys joined up here at some point. I remember 'poodlebutt' was Paul Evans (I think) and he did join. He was the one who bagged the UK DSOTM Q8 that made the Goldmine article that referenced me and QQ oh, about 15 years ago. There's a thread about it here somewhere. How I remember all of this useless info yet can't remember what I posted yesterday is beyond me! o_O

It was so much more entertaining when we all knew who was bidding, who was sniping, and who got what. It was like a little quad eBay community.
I am sure I am forgetting a lot more of the "usual" bidders and buyers. Many of those guys joined up here at some point. I remember 'poodlebutt' was Paul Evans (I think) and he did join. He was the one who bagged the UK DSOTM Q8 that made the Goldmine article that referenced me and QQ oh, about 15 years ago. There's a thread about it here somewhere. How I remember all of this useless info yet can't remember what I posted yesterday is beyond me! o_O

was fishbulb ever a QQ member?

In my own quirky way, I want an Elcaset to dub some SACD stereo stuff onto.
Don't know why. Wish the Quad Elcaset happened. I'd be all over that. Crazy, Unheard of technology AND IT'S QUAD?!?! Oh, Mylanta! 😘
Gotta admit Q-Eight, I’d never heard of Elcaset, so I loiked it up, Karrazzy read.
Somehow reminds of the Fleetwood Mac song- “Go Your Own Way”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elcaset

Gotta admit Q-Eight, I’d never heard of Elcaset, so I loiked it up, Karrazzy read.
Somehow reminds of the Fleetwood Mac song- “Go Your Own Way”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elcaset

Elcaset suffered virtually the same fate as the entire Quadraphonic format; "Here's a system that can solve all the problems" and becomes the darling of the Audiophile world, and then a few short years fades into virtual obscurity. That's why I find it so fascinating. I already have two elcasets in my vast pile of shit, given to me by a friend who thought they were VHS tapes :LOL:. So, now I almost have to find a player but I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices people ask for them.

Back