What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partch is certainly eclectic. I have the SQ album
When I was a teenager the local PBS station ran a special on Partchs music
My mother was in the room and the music really irritated her...

Think DV could get the reissue rights?

i thought the SQ decoded really well through the Surround Master (and its a very discrete mix at times!)

I bought the SQ when it was new, mainly as a curiosity. I heard of Partch, but hadn't actually heard his music. I loved it so much I wrote him a fan letter -- something I seldom did -- and hoped he still had some of his Gate V albums available for sale. But he never replied and died about a month later.

I would love to see DV reissue the quad version -- especially since the Q8 cuts "Barstow" in half! But DV seems totally committed to middle-of-the-road pop. I think Mr. Partch may be too far in left field for the label to consider.

Hi. All

Some more Q8`s for my pile........

( Curtom Records : Q8 CUR L 78009 -Roots Curtis Mayfield )-
( Hi. Records : Q8 HII L72062 -Al Green -Get next to you )-

IMG_20210516_121807.jpg
IMG_20210516_121820.jpg

IMG_20210516_121831.jpg

IMG_20210524_121936.jpg
IMG_20210524_121947.jpg

IMG_20210524_122003.jpg

I just got what would have been my 2nd ever prerecorded q8 today: Quincy Jones You've Got It Bad Girl, but THE ENTIRE TAPE WAS RECORDED OVER WITH RADIO!!! Darn Darn Darn.
Well, I finally got the Japan CD-4 and re-recorded over with JVC 4DD-10 demodulator, sounds surprisingly good. Now the tape can be happy. :)

Today's mail call. All Facebook scores. The Ventures and the tribute CCR tape were $5. I think I paid $10 for Stand! (but it's SUPER mint).
The Ventures tape suffers a swapped channel; unusual for a Canadian tape. The Sound-Alike tapes I collect just as curios... and I'm trying to collect ALL of Sly Stone's albums on 8-track. BUT, I'm limiting myself to the two and three-latch style cartridges so they (mostly) match.

Mail Call 004.JPG

Got a quad reel to reel tape this week now I just need a quad reel to reel player. I probably won't get one for a while but now I have a quad tape to play if do. Tested the tape on a portable player I have and it sounds great except for only being able to listen to one channel at a time on that player but at least I know the tape is in good shape.

P1010007.JPG

Also I recently got the Whipped Cream & Other Delights quad 8 track. The mix isn't amazing but the music definitely is.

Back