What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's their game? I need to start a personal -"Do Not Order From" file for those unscrupulous sellers!

Good idea Pups
Too many of us have been the victim of these s..thead sellers!!!

A buyer beware thread would be a good idea...as long as it's not leaving us open to litigation. :unsure: o_O

48697703061_77ee9cb181.jpg

48697703126_9f18c4b4d8.jpg

48697363278_689bd29446.jpg

I've been thinking about that Double Fantasy Quad Goddess; please let me know what you think.

I recently bought this title and thought the mastering was way too cold and stiff sounding, maybe I need an LP version:
https://www.discogs.com/John-Lennon-Walls-And-Bridges/release/6465575

OK, Pupster, I finally opened and auditioned the John tracks. I a/b'ed them to what was handy, 2010 RBCD from "White" 2010 Lennon box. Also sold singly in paper case.

Wow!! Dynamic range was markedly better on SHM-SACD. High end seemed smoooother on SHM-SACD, although not necessarily brighter.

I've also owned this on 2ch LP, Nautilus 1/2 speed LP, CD, MoFi Gold CD, and 2010 box (mentioned above.) I also bought Stripped Down.

Not sure if I'll get a chance to a/b SHM-SACD to Gold CD. If I do, I'll try to report back.

OK, Pupster, I finally opened and auditioned the John tracks. I a/b'ed them to what was handy, 2010 RBCD from "White" 2010 Lennon box. Also sold singly in paper case.

Wow!! Dynamic range was markedly better on SHM-SACD. High end seemed smoooother on SHM-SACD, although not necessarily brighter.

I've also owned this on 2ch LP, Nautilus 1/2 speed LP, CD, MoFi Gold CD, and 2010 box (mentioned above.) I also bought Stripped Down.

Not sure if I'll get a chance to a/b SHM-SACD to Gold CD. If I do, I'll try to report back.
Thanks for checking that out Quad Goddess:love: , maybe I just need to re-listen and adjust some of my tone controls (seems I'm more sensitive to bright top end as I age -thought it would be just the opposite?), heck, maybe I was just in a mood that day but always willing to listen to this title, just really love it!

Last edited:
Thanks for checking that out Quad Goddess:love: , maybe I just need to re-listen and adjust some of my tone controls (seems I'm more sensitive to bright top end as I age -thought it would be just the opposite?), heck, maybe I was just in a mood that day but always willing to listen to this title, just really love it!

TONE CONTROLS, Pupster o_O ????????? Yuk! All my systems have FLAT response .......NO TONE CONTROLS. Anathema to audiophiles EVERYWHERE.

Last edited:
I ordered well over $100 from Music Direct several weeks ago. They shipped everything in stock Fedex. Dire Straits' Love Over Gold was back ordered. It shipped USPS and was supposed to be delivered today. Music Direct is in Chicago and so am I. Tracking says Love Over Gold SACD is somewhere in Pittsburgh now. Hopefully, it will be here by Christmas.

Amazingly, my MoFi Love Over Gold SACD showed up today. It was a quick trip back from Pittsburgh.

I passed on the others, since I have the first three on Japan SHM-SACD's and the DVD-A Dual Disc of Brothers in Arms.

Hopefully, Love Over Gold will sound as good as the others.

Peter Gabriel 4 SACD - SAPGCD 4
Found an almost perfect copy from an excellent seller in Bulgaria. This sucker is expensive but worth every cent.
I wish they could all sound this good !!!

Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum Audio Fidelity AFZ 253. I recently came across the LP record in a box of records that someone gave me, although the cover was trash, water damaged the LP played nicely at least a VG. I noticed the SACD for sale and decided why not. The disc sounds very good but so does the LP!

Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum Audio Fidelity AFZ 253. I recently came across the LP record in a box of records that someone gave me, although the cover was trash, water damaged the LP played nicely at least a VG. I noticed the SACD for sale and decided why not. The disc sounds very good but so does the LP!
I thought the SACD was horribly thin...does the LP sound a bit "thicker"? :)

Back