What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of fan of Faye Wong :love: Universal Music Hong Kong has released zillions of SACD box sets (with 6 to 13 or more discs) for several asian artists. Very expensive although.
I just have listened two discs and they sound sooo good :dance
0BB5CEE6-0DD5-4E13-B1A6-44A2AC91EFA4.jpeg

Kind of fan of Faye Wong :love: Universal Music Hong Kong has released zillions of SACD box sets (with 6 to 13 or more discs) for several asian artists. Very expensive although.

Back in the day, HK Universal Music actually did single-inventory hybrid SACD releases. At least it is still releasing newly recorded albums on SACD.

Faye Wong also recorded for Hong Kong Sony Music, but for whatever reasons, HK Sony is not releasing any SACDs at all. HK Sony Music, and I would add HK Warner Music as well, is sitting on a gold mine and they're not doing anything. SACDs are selling despite the chaos on streets; the above Faye Wong SACD boxset set is one of the top 5 selling releases on the HK music charts.

Both sealed and OOP:

My Favorite Things - John Coltrane

In The Wind - Peter, Paul & Mary

BOTH EXCELLENT SACDS, LINDA. Happy New Year to you and Joe! 🍾 🍸

Just received from Music Direct: Grateful Dead Blues for Allah and Live From The Mars Hotel .... two excellent SACDs!

Should also have Bob James/Kirk Whalum Joined at the Hip by tomorrow! [EVOSOUND/STEREO SACD]
81RxXU9jcHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Happy New Year to you and everyone at QQ.

I'm very familiar with the music on the Trane and PPM.

I bought Trane on CD w/grey sleeve & bonus tracks of a/b sides of single My Favorite Things, and as part of the Heavyweight Champion CD box.

PPM In the Wind I have on CD.

Both the performances and fidelity of the RBCD's are pretty good for 60 year old recordings. Of course, I hope the SACD's will be an improvement in fidelity over the RBCD's.

Looking forward to spinning them both today LOUD.

I've not heard of an SACD of Still Crazy. If so, I'm in. So far, I've popped for a Q8, SQ, CBS CD & expanded CD in Paul Simon WB Collection. IMHO, his best album.

Music Direct has neither a showroom nor a store. They have a few pieces of gear set up and no SACD's/LP's to browse through. They had some racks of close out Gold CD's & some of their MoFi stuff at their old location.

Arc of a Diver - Steve Winwood Japan SHM-SACD OOP Sealed bought this on LP, Japan LP & Gold CD
Calipso - Harry Belafonte OOP Sealed bought on CD
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole OOP Sealed
Freedom Jazz Dance - Eddie Harris Quartet Japan SACD
Willie's Blues - Willie Dixon w/Memphis Slim
Autumn in New York - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong German SACD
Chim Chim Cheree - John Coltrane
Coltrane mono bought this & three titles below on 16 RBCD Complete Prestige Box
Coltrane w/Red Garland Trio mono
All Mornin' Long - Red Garland Quintet w/Coltrane & Donald Byrd mono

Last edited:
Back