What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing the same. MoFi Gold CD has a unique edit of Jump into the Fire. I doubt the SACD has the same edit.

Either way, I'll be keeping the Gold.

I've bought the Q8, CD-4 (promo), CD, MoFi Gold CD, US expanded, UK expanded CD 8 bonus tracks, and 17 CD RCA Albums Collection w/entire album plus 20 bonus tracks from Nilsson Schmilsson. 99 bonus tracks in all.

Hey, I forgot to buy the RCA Gold CD!

CD-4 is still my go-to copy, and it was free! 17 CD box is most complete. MoFi CD is best 2ch version (so far).

An essential Quad, also an essential album for any collection! You need it!

Last edited:
What's the verdict, Linda?

SACD of Body & Soul sounds great! I've not had a chance to a/b it to my CD. Musically, this is a great album and the faux Blue Note cover is the cherry on the whipped cream. You Can't Get What You Want is the big hit here. I got a Jones for Go For It! and Cha-Cha Loco. Doesn't he look like Sonny Rollins on the cover? Probably not...

I'm doing the same. MoFi Gold CD has a unique edit of Jump into the Fire. I doubt the SACD has the same edit.

I've bought the Q8, CD-4 (promo), CD, MoFi Gold CD, US expanded, UK expanded CD 8 bonus tracks, and 17 CD RCA Albums Collection w/entire album plus 20 bonus tracks from Nilsson Schmilsson. 99 bonus tracks in all.

CD-4 is still my go-to copy, and it was free! 17 CD box is most complete. MoFi CD is best 2ch version (so far).

Thanks, I didn't know about all the bonus tracks on the RCA collection since they didn't really promote that on the packaging.

There are two CD's with unreleased tracks, alternate takes and rarities. Each album also has extra tracks.

Get the Nilsson box!

You're quite amazing Linda. Sounds like you virtually live in a well stocked record store with miles and miles ... of aisles!

See the source image

But at least you don't have to divide your time between a passion for motion pictures and an absolute love of music, either stereo or surround, pop/rock, classical, jazz and even world music. And try ignoring Amazon Prime and Netflix the former through their search engine streaming almost any movie you can possibly think of and keeping up with the newest UHD4K discs which, IMO, is akin to watching the movie for the first time in revolutionary quality.....and all this while still running a small full time business...and finding the time to post on our beloved QQ Forum!!!!!

I don't know how I missed this when it was first released, but after I found out about it, I couldn't resist.....and it appears that I was doing this already on my own anyway so...

Miles Davis - The Complete Columbia Album Collection.

1597265082849.png 1597265113114.png

Unfortunately, I see his last albums were on Warner Brothers and all I have is Tutu... I was looking forward to listening to his latest music as well. I guess I have a few more to get eventually.

Last edited:
There are two CD's with unreleased tracks, alternate takes and rarities. Each album also has extra tracks.

Get the Nilsson box!

Second that. I was lusting after a friend's copy for years, more intensely as the handful of OOP copies for sale kept creeping up and up, eventually over $300. Then out of the blue, a couple of months ago, it showed up at an Amazon Marketplace seller for around 80 bucks. [EDIT: I went back and checked my records: it was actually 66 and change.] I pounced!

Last edited:

I big shout out to Quad Linda.

I just finished the Complete RCA Harry Nilsson set and well ... WOW!!! It sounds amazing, at $3.60 per CD and the fact that each one has either Stereo & Mono or bonus tracks (sometimes 7) is amazing. I had an amazing experience listing to the last 3 CD's for the 1st time. I got home, put them in my Phillips CD-r 3 disc carousel and cooked. To my amazement, a lot of the alternate versions were so different that Harry had to start singing the words for me to know what it was! If you pick up this must have collection, don't look at the track list for the bonus CD's and have fun.

PS: I did wind up paying forward my MoFi Gold Schmillson to the tune of $50 on Ebay making someone very happy who had been searching for it for years.

Just ordered the box on Amazon for $58.72. Only three left and it doesn't say 'more on the way'. Thank you all for the heads up...
Once you enjoy the albums, listen to the 58 bonus session tracks on 3 CD's without looking at the song list first. You will be amazed at how many of the songs are so different. I had to wait for Harry to sing on some of them to know what was playing.

Back