What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are You Experienced - 2ch hybrid SACD, mono mix on SACD layer only. It is the US track lineup & artwork.

I preordered this 3+ years ago.

Mamita Linda, I am SURE you have an early pressing of this...please report back...

One of my favorite stories is how I bought about 20 years ago what I found in Discogs to be a US 2nd pressing in VG condition which I proceeded to ignore until a few years ago when I had ClickRepair and the Ortofon OM30 stylus and was totally blown away by the clarity and freshness of the 1968 pressing! I have learned the hard way that these 50+ year old tapes do get dull sounding with age no matter how well restored/remastered they are...but then there are also MANY surprises!

Yes and no, Kap. I bought the 45 of Purple Haze in '67. I was in 8th grade. After having my consciousness raised, I bought new a 1st pressing 2ch US w/"riverboat" Reprise label. I got rid of it in '79, when I upgraded to Ortofon MC 20 moving coil and separates 500 w power amp!

I replaced the US 2ch LP w/UK 2ch 2 LP set of it & Axis, which sounded better. I gave that one to a friend when I bought the 11 LP import box. I also bought German mono CD (green cover), US 1st CD, US expanded CD, Legacy CD/DVD reissue and SACD. SACD is my 8th copy. I still have the German CD, US expanded CD, CD/DVD & now SACD.

'scuse me while I kiss this guy...

Essential!!

Yes and no, Kap. I bought the 45 of Purple Haze in '67. I was in 8th grade. After having my consciousness raised, I bought new a 1st pressing 2ch US w/"riverboat" Reprise label. I got rid of it in '79, when I upgraded to Ortofon MC 20 moving coil and separates 500 w power amp!

I replaced the US 2ch LP w/UK 2ch 2 LP set of it & Axis, which sounded better. I gave that one to a friend when I bought the 11 LP import box. I also bought German mono CD (green cover), US 1st CD, US expanded CD, Legacy CD/DVD reissue and SACD. SACD is my 8th copy. I still have the German CD, US expanded CD, CD/DVD & now SACD.

'scuse me while I kiss this guy...

Essential!!
you definitely ROCK, Mamita Linda!

Scuse me while I kiss this GAL too!!!(both of them!)

Color me curious...(thanks Mamita Linda!)
R-16150509-1604290805-9920.jpeg.jpg

FUNKY SILVER FOIL BACKED COVER!!!
R-9134215-1475356776-7423.jpeg.jpg

This one (along with another one which is not an SACD) were shipped from GERMANY from different vendors, mid November and they got here TODAY (this one) and 3 days ago (the other one!)...
Definitely worth the wait...
R-8017586-1493703682-6474.jpeg.jpg

Wow, what a JOURNEY! Hope that beautiful little box it came in arrived INTACT. Great SACD remaster!

Wow, what a JOURNEY! Hope that beautiful little box it came in arrived INTACT. Great SACD remaster!
It DID!!!
Such a beauty...I always said that CDs(SACDs, DVDAs, etc) should have come in an LP sized sleeve cause this one is a work of art,,,
And sonically it has a sheen that VERY few LPs have..

This one (along with another one which is not an SACD) were shipped from GERMANY from different vendors, mid November and they got here TODAY (this one) and 3 days ago (the other one!)...
Definitely worth the wait...
R-8017586-1493703682-6474.jpeg.jpg
Unfortunately, for me, it doesn’t sound much different than the remastered CD.

A HEADS~UP to those interested in ECM/Universal's upcoming batch of Stereo SHM~SACDs. US Company ImportCD is now listing them as pre~orders and the good news is they're only pennies more than ordering from CDJapan. They'll all be available July 2, 2021:

Example:

https://www.importcds.com/pat-metheny-group-shm-sacd/4988031431207

Back