What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesser known April Wine song from my youth back when I could rock and/or roll, has become an earworm once again... just like that.

Really love the song Weeping Widow from this album, total unrelenting cowbell jam! For the number of great/hit songs these guys had, they're highly underrated, especially outside of Canada.

Really love the song Weeping Widow from this album, total unrelenting cowbell jam! For the number of great/hit songs these guys had, they're highly underrated, especially outside of Canada.
I would agree with your comment. But, there is NO doubt that every single teenager who had any sense of being cool in the late 70's, early 80's, had April Wine on the turntable. So, there was a moment of two, where they were held in very high esteem here. It just didn't seem to last.

I would agree with your comment. But, there is NO doubt that every single teenager who had any sense of being cool in the late 70's, early 80's, had April Wine on the turntable. So, there was a moment of two, where they were held in very high esteem here. It just didn't seem to last.
I think I was in my early 20s before I heard them (I didn't listen that much to radio then so it was word of mouth), it was '81s "Sign Of The Gypsy Queen", I agree though an under rated band.

Yeah, we know you like more Cowbell Dave 😁

:eek:
1617798711995.png
was it that dodgey!?

Anything but underrated up here, they must have had 20-40 top tens. Even some pretty good ballads like 'Just Between You And Me' and 'Love Has Remembered Me' among others. Lead singer Myles Goodwyn has a couple of 'Friends Of The Blues' albums out in the last couple of years, worth looking up if you're a blues kinda person. This one here would be my favourite April Wine song:

Reactions: GOS
I found out about them from the lead guitarist in the garage band I was playing in back in '78.... we learned/played Roller .... lots of fun & they rocked!

Anything but underrated up here, they must have had 20-40 top tens. Even some pretty good ballads like 'Just Between You And Me' and 'Love Has Remembered Me' among others. Lead singer Myles Goodwyn has a couple of 'Friends Of The Blues' albums out in the last couple of years, worth looking up if you're a blues kinda person. This one here would be my favourite April Wine song:

Yeah they had loads of hits in Canada, I meant more underrated in a legacy sense given just how many of them there were. Perhaps it's because they didn't have a "classic" lineup that continued to tour year after year like, say Aerosmith, or that they didn't do a big reunion tour like the Guess Who did in the early '00s, I dunno. I just feel like given the depth of their catalog, and their hits, that they should enjoy a higher profile.

Oh, and Say Hello is a fantastic song! I think one of the things I like about April Wine is that their sound continued to evolve, and very quickly too, a lot like Rush did between the late '70s and early '80s, embracing new styles and production techniques. Weeping Widow, I Like to Rock, Sign of the Gypsy Queen, Say Hello, all very different from each other, but each is incredibly catchy in its own right.

Back