What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Formal Horse - I Just Called To Say I Like You

This young unsigned British quartet’s entire album (Here Comes A Man From The Council With A Flamethrower) has been a total addiction for me the past month or so, but this song in particular is literally indescribably good. If you agree with me and have the funds, make a purchase on Bandcamp!

Reactions: GOS

Kraak and Smaak's Pleasure Centre - it's like a mixture of pretty much every kind of of funk/dance/electronic music of the last 40 years, and then some, including touches of the west coast "yacht rock" sound and even a bit of bossa nova. I think I've listened to this album more in the last 6 months than any other, stereo or surround. For me this is the album that Daft Punk's Random Access Memories wishes it was, and I say that as a fan of that album.

Maybe the most remarkable thing about the album is the amazing young "unknown" vocalists they've got to participate on it - the tracks with Izo Fitzroy and Wolfgang Valbrun are probably the standouts for me, but it's an album I can listen to end to end repeatedly without skipping a single track.

Thanks to GOS it’s ‘Gypsy Queen’ by Uriah Heep. Between the great Hensley keyboard intro and Byron’s first line - ‘When I was only 17, I fell in love with a gypsy queen’, I can’t get this damn song out my head and it’s been there for weeks. Thanks Gene!!!

I know there are some Jellyfish fans here.... Three former members of the band (Roger Manning, Eric Dover & Tim Smith) have formed a new band called The Lickerish Quartet. Their first EP will be released on May 15th. Here are two songs from it. They're as catchy as you might expect something from former Jellyfish members would be.

Kraak and Smaak's Pleasure Centre - it's like a mixture of pretty much every kind of of funk/dance/electronic music of the last 40 years, and then some, including touches of the west coast "yacht rock" sound and even a bit of bossa nova. I think I've listened to this album more in the last 6 months than any other, stereo or surround. For me this is the album that Daft Punk's Random Access Memories wishes it was, and I say that as a fan of that album.

Maybe the most remarkable thing about the album is the amazing young "unknown" vocalists they've got to participate on it - the tracks with Izo Fitzroy and Wolfgang Valbrun are probably the standouts for me, but it's an album I can listen to end to end repeatedly without skipping a single track.

Dave’s hit a sweet spot for me I guess; cus now I’ve got this in my head

From Lightfoots Sumertime Dream album.."I'm not supposed to care". Stereo cd into quadradial synthesized quad...pretty good!

My latest discovery is British drummer Yussuf Dayes, and his various collaborations with the likes of Tom Misch, Alfa Mist, and others - the bass player he works with is Rocco Palladino (son of Pino Palladino) who's a great player in his own right. If you like the funkier side of 70s fusion like Return to Forever, Billy Cobham, etc. this might be up your alley.

My latest discovery is British drummer Yussuf Dayes, and his various collaborations with the likes of Tom Misch, Alfa Mist, and others - the bass player he works with is Rocco Palladino (son of Pino Palladino) who's a great player in his own right. If you like the funkier side of 70s fusion like Return to Forever, Billy Cobham, etc. this might be up your alley.

Wow, thanks! I absolutely love it. I'm going to see about getting some of this...

:love: the music Dave, but damn bro, you got some complex ear worms there 🤯

As someone who came of age in the 80s, artists from that era hold a special place in my heart. Recently, the Go-Go's released the band's first new in 19 years....and the song promptly goes Top 10 on Billboard's Digital Rock Songs Sales chart.

I present "Club Zero" by the Go-Go's....

Back