What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sardonicus is one of my 10 favorite albums.
Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus is an album I can put on and listen to no matter what (that puts it high in my list). I think its one of those seminal albums from that early era of rock music. Which had me thinking.
Was it one of the 'core' albums remixed by Sony in the 1990s?
Could we ever see it in a Quad/surround mix? I'd love to think it might happen, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Great song. Man, some of those kids my age on Bandstand could NOT dance. The ones I think are the funniest are the ones who clap every once-in-a-while. :D The slumped over guy is funny too.

Doug

man, does this make you smile ???

Heck yeah! Every freaking Saturday around 11am IIRC....I was plastered to the TV. Thank God for Dick Clark back then. How else could a central IL country boy in the early 70's get to hear and sometimes see these bands? AB was a huge part of my musical journey in my younger years.

Heck yeah! Every freaking Saturday around 11am IIRC....I was plastered to the TV. Thank God for Dick Clark back then. How else could a central IL country boy in the early 70's get to hear and sometimes see these bands? AB was a huge part of my musical journey in my younger years.

same here. a rural western Michigan farmboy. American Bandstand, AM radio and Ed Sullivan. Then in 1973 FM rock radio entered my world. Its been a great ride since

same here. a rural western Michigan farmboy. American Bandstand, AM radio and Ed Sullivan. Then in 1973 FM rock radio entered my world. Its been a great ride since
We had nothing but top 40 AM in Central Florida - Lakeland area. Then USF in Tampa started playing rock for two hours a night on Fridays, then Saturdays. A group would gather
at my rental Airstream to listen on a radio someone left there. Eventually a killer album rock station came online in Mount Dora, in the Orlando area, with a wide reach.
Going to Daytona Beach Friday nights my Bud wrote me that it sounded like the DJ would play several LP's on one side, then flip them over. Was very cool.
Oh yeah.....we could actually get KLS (Chicago?) pretty darn clear for a bit on a standard little stereo home rig. Simply fabulous.
Sometime in there before I went away (Army) for 2 years, there was these two guys from Chicago, bikers, "Chief" and I think "Humanoid" lol. They always swore they were in one' a them biker movies, and we thought, well alright, sure. Some years later a few of us went to catch some cheap "B" movies, and sure enough....there was Chief right out front of the pack with Humanoid a close second. lol. Man the crap you remember!

He and that girl were doing their versions of "The Funky Chicken" dance. It was challenging to keep up with all the different dances back then. The Jerk, The Watusi, The Swim, The Pony, etc., etc., etc.

Here's the Watusi:

Doug

I had older sisters, I knew the funky chicken and all the other dance crazes. thanks for the memories !

Back